An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

Kylie Spinelli

You know when you're a future nun when...

You want to grow your hair long so it's wicked symbolic and dramatic when you chop it off to receive the habit!

You get frustrated when your parents won't let you go to morning Mass.

You hide your vocations (links) bookmarks in your "shopping" folder.

You think of nuns every time you hear the word habit.

:nun3:

:nunpray:

Edited by Kylie Spinelli

Lil'Monster

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1341253095' post='2451541']
Of course. What am I thinking? After much recommendation from my spiritual adviser I have been discerning with the Benedictine Monks in Oklahoma, so Benedictines are good too. As long as you're not going to be a dirty Dominican...
[/quote]

:o

Imma gonna smack you for dissing my Dominicans!

:bash:

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1341366896' post='2452197']
:o

Imma gonna smack you for dissing my Dominicans!

:bash:
[/quote]

Of course. I am sorry.

All of the Dominicans except the particular convent you like are razzle dazzle.

Edited by FuturePriest387

Lil'Monster

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1341367028' post='2452199']
Of course. I am sorry.

[/quote]

:|

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Kylie Spinelli' timestamp='1341366883' post='2452196']
You know when you're a future nun when...

You want to grow your hair long so it's wicked symbolic and dramatic when you chop it off to receive the habit!
[/quote]

I have been thinking about this lately. I've worn my hair short for quite some time now and I want to grow it out for a change. Then, tonight, I thought that it would be awesome if my hair could be cut while it's long if I enter religious life (God-willing). :)

Kayte Postle

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1341367028' post='2452199']
Of course. I am sorry.

[/quote]

ooooo Take that one back!!! the DSMME's RULE ALL!!

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Kayte Postle' timestamp='1341371788' post='2452221']
ooooo Take that one back!!! the DSMME's RULE ALL!!
[/quote]

I can't recall them ruling the Franciscans. I'm almost certain they elect a Franciscan to oversee the Franciscan Order. :|

Kayte Postle

...when you're trying to take a break from discernment, but all you still think about are nuns..

...when you're trying to take a break from discernment, and end up spending all your time with sisters..

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1341371961' post='2452223']
I can't recall them ruling the Franciscans. I'm almost certain they elect a Franciscan to oversee the Franciscan Order. :|
[/quote]

....le sigh...

Edited by Kayte Postle

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Kayte Postle' timestamp='1341372033' post='2452224']
...when you're trying to take a break from discernment, but all you still think about are nuns..

...when you're trying to take a break from discernment, and end up spending all your time with sisters..

....le sigh...
[/quote]

I am joking, of course. The Dominican Sisters sound like a nice group. I wish someone here would make my day and tell me they were discerning with the Franciscan Poor Clares at EWTN (Who I have seen in person as a young girl entered the community), but Dominicans are cool enough.

Lil'Monster

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1341372190' post='2452226']
I am joking, of course. The Dominican Sisters sound like a nice group. I wish someone here would make my day and tell me they were discerning with the Franciscan Poor Clares at EWTN (Who I have seen in person as a young girl entered the community), but Dominicans are cool enough.
[/quote]

You were a young girl entering the community??? :|

OnlySunshine

...when all your thoughts lead to living a life with the Sisters you are discerning with, especially about what your mission will be if/when you enter.

...when you look to the saints for inspiration and find yourself filled with holy envy, especially those who you grow close to like St. Therese, St. Faustina, St. Rose, and St. Catherine. :love:

...when all your thoughts are consumed with excitement about starting the aspirancy process, even if it means surrendering plans of going to school.

OnlySunshine

...when you see a Sister in an airport and immediately know which order she is from.

I saw a Nashville Dominican in the airport I was stopping at for my layover. Incidentally, I was on my way to Alma, MI to visit the Religious Sisters of Mercy. Too cool! :)

StClare_OraProNobis

Mater- What is "holy envy?" I have heard that phrase before but I don't understand what it means.

OnlySunshine

The way it's described is recognizing elements in the saint that you admire and wish could, in some way, be reflected in your own faith life. :)

InPersonaChriste

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1341253095' post='2451541']
Of course. What am I thinking? After much recommendation from my spiritual adviser I have been discerning with the Benedictine Monks in Oklahoma, so Benedictines are good too. As long as you're not going to be a dirty Dominican...
[/quote]

FATHER MARK BACHMAN FOR THE WIN!

... sorry I now know where you are discerning and I just had a happy moment about it,