An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

OnlySunshine

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1337067125' post='2430797']
You definitely should! It's so much fun.

I'll see if I can get screenshots of my convent and post them up.

Edited because I realised it made no sense.
[/quote]

I would love that! I'm trying to picture in my head what it would look like, but I bet it looks better than what I have imagined. Do you have the regular version of Sims 3 or the Deluxe version? :)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1337072755' post='2430816']
I would love that! I'm trying to picture in my head what it would look like, but I bet it looks better than what I have imagined. Do you have the regular version of Sims 3 or the Deluxe version? :)
[/quote]

I got the collectors edition when the game came out. I graduated high school like a week before it was released. Pre-ordered and everything - I'm that lame. Plus I've got all the expansion packs. I'm so gonna miss it if I ever enter.

I'm working today but tomorrow I'll get some pics up of my Sim convent!

If in the Sims anyone is short on money pres Shift+crtl+C and type "motherlode" then you will have enough money to create you monastery!

[quote name='she_who_is_not' timestamp='1337044078' post='2430686']
My sister and I want to make a convent dollhouse. We're going to do the chapel first.
[/quote]
OH MY GOSH!!! I'm doing that for fun over the summer... (by myself)...

I posted my Sim nuns up in a new thread, here's the link: http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/121142-i-made-sim-nuns/

AveMariaPurissima

[quote name='she_who_is_not' timestamp='1337044078' post='2430686']
My sister and I want to make a convent dollhouse. We're going to do the chapel first.
[/quote]
I started making a habit (Trinitarian, of course!) for an old cloth doll I made several years ago! It's fun!

--When you frequently search the name of your community on Google and/or Youtube and read or watch whatever come's up that's relevant, even if you've read or watched it quite a number of times already!

AveMariaPurissima

When you can't keep track of the number of newsletters you get from various religious communities.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1337646033' post='2433417']
When you can't keep track of the number of newsletters you get from various religious communities.
[/quote]

So true! I had totally forgotten I signed up for the Sisters of Life or DSMME newsletters. I get newsletters from the Carmel in Arlington, TX, Poor Clares in Langhorne, PA, etc. :)

LaPetiteSoeur

When you write about what you want to do in the future for your university, and no one is surprised at all!

maximillion

When the only wedding dress you imagine yourself wearing is the one you walk up the isle in for your Clothing.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='maximillion' timestamp='1337702284' post='2433679']
When the only wedding dress you imagine yourself wearing is the one you walk up the isle in for your Clothing.
[/quote]

I was just thinking that yesterday! I was seriously going to post almost the exact same thing!

I've been watching a wedding show on Netflix and I saw two beautiful Catholic weddings. The second one left me speechless. It was incredible! The bride and groom were so sweet together and really made a terrific couple. However, when my imagination lit up, all I could think about was saying my vows in front of a religious community -- to Jesus Christ -- in the community habit and veil. Believe me, I have fantasized on more than one occasion what I would love for my wedding if I ever got married. I've even visited bridal shop websites and looked at the dresses online and picked out what I would love to have -- including the bridesmaid dresses. I even know what I would choose for bouquets -- blue/violet hydrangea with white roses and blue Gerbera Daisies for the bridesmaids. I would love to have a cascading bouquet of hydrangea and roses with sprigs of Baby's Breath and Volkerfrieden Delphinium.

All the details picked out, but I would erase all that to have my vow ceremony and my spouse would be Jesus Christ. :love:

It's really incredible how your perception changes. I am still open to marriage -- if God leads me down that path -- but I feel very strongly that there is a reason He keeps leading me back to discerning religious life! :)

Edited for: spelling

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

she_who_is_not

When you find a creative solution to a problem at work, walk into your bosses office and say, "I have the most scathingly brilliant idea"

when you know instantly where the line about a "scathingly brilliant idea" came from

Edited by Emma

AveMariaPurissima

[quote name='maximillion' timestamp='1337702284' post='2433679']
[/quote]
And:
When you're at a wedding, or watching a couple renew their wedding vows, you find yourself looking at the crucifix and repeating the words to Jesus.