An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

... when you think you have genuinely stopped caring what people think of you in your strange postulant clothes at the supermarket.

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1330125018' post='2392547']
when picking out new glasses you try to imagine how they might look with a habit.
[/quote]
Wow! I do this! lol!

when picking out new glasses you try to imagine how they might look with a habit.
[/quote]

I totally think that when I look at myself in my glasses. Several sisters at St Cecilia's have glasses but like the simple round-ish wire-rim ones. Mine are purple and rectangular. :nerd:

Strictlyinkblot

[/quote]

Hmmm, I've never thought about that but you've given me something new to consider.

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1330125684' post='2392557']
I totally think that when I look at myself in my glasses. Several sisters at St Cecilia's have glasses but like the simple round-ish wire-rim ones. Mine are purple and rectangular. :nerd:
[/quote]

That reminds me of a postulant we have. I had not seen her with her old glasses, but when she was surfing somewhere, they fell off her and she had to get new ones. The new ones were had thick rims and had flowers, sparkles, and bumblebees on the sides! She was allowed to wear them for some time, but then she had to get other more regular ones. She said she misses her old ones though. :hehe:

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1330126547' post='2392562']
I just got new glasses with that in mind. :hehe:
[/quote]
Yeah my sensible side won out on the glasses. There was a sale two pairs for $99. So I got a basic wire frame and then a simple black plastic frame. I was looking at a fun pink plastic frame but I just couldn't convince myself to get them. The black plastic ones were as about adventurous as I was willing to go...

[/quote]

I've totally done this :|

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1330125684' post='2392557']
[/quote]

I used to have purple rectangular ones! yay!
Then I had to find more "grown-up" ones....just in case. :)

mysisterisalittlesister

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1330129162' post='2392595']
That reminds me of a postulant we have. I had not seen her with her old glasses, but when she was surfing somewhere, they fell off her and she had to get new ones. The new ones were had thick rims and had flowers, sparkles, and bumblebees on the sides! She was allowed to wear them for some time, but then she had to get other more regular ones. She said she misses her old ones though. :hehe:
[/quote] don't forget, they were gold bumblebees and butterflies studded with rhinestones!

• 2 months later...
AveMariaPurissima

These are great...although I was too lazy to read through all 27 pages...Maybe sometime...

-When in conversation you refer simply to "the Sisters" and assume that your listener will immediately know what community you're talking about.

-When you realize that saying "[u]my[/u] Sisters," and "[u]my[/u] Community" just sounds more natural. (then you realize that you've been doing that for months and hadn't noticed. ;) )

-When you look at the young cashiers at the grocery store and think, "She'd make a cute postulant somewhere."

AveMariaPurissima

These are great...although I was too lazy to read through all 27 pages...Maybe sometime...

-When in conversation you refer simply to "the Sisters" and assume that your listener will immediately know what community you're talking about.

-When you realize that saying "[u]my[/u] Sisters," and "[u]my[/u] Community" just sounds more natural. (then you realize that you've been doing that for months and hadn't noticed. ;) )

-When you look at the young cashiers at the grocery store and think, "She'd make a cute postulant somewhere."

When you see words like "mum" you read it as "nun". Very confusing when I'm trying to ring my mum! :hehe2:

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1336334472' post='2427719']
[/quote]

I so do that! I was talking to someone about Benedictine Congregations and realised I was referring to [i]my [/i]congregation and [i]my[/i] community.

Quaesivi Vultuum Tuum

When a poor person that i visited says me: you lack your vocation, you must become a nun!

When accidently one of the sister of my community ask me: sister P... Can you? And after everybody laught, she says, not sister, but it sad!

When at your work everybody says: not vulgar languages in front of Quasivi, it's'a sin! Quasivi, dou you think that i must confess?

When you work and a morning your director look you and says: if you take a veil you look like a nun!