An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

MessorCarus

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1337715211' post='2433738']
And:
When you're at a wedding, or watching a couple renew their wedding vows, you find yourself looking at the crucifix and repeating the words to Jesus.
[/quote]

when you thought you were the only one who has done this. :|

:blush:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1337715211' post='2433738']
And:
When you're at a wedding, or watching a couple renew their wedding vows, you find yourself looking at the crucifix and repeating the words to Jesus.
[/quote]

:love:

IamMyBeloveds

When you look at the calendar and you only have [u]3 weeks left to go.[/u]..and when your "nun trunk" is sitting in the basement, lovingly packed and ready to be put in the back of your parents' car as they drive you to the convent! :)

When your Sisters write you an e-mail ending with, "See you soon!"

Soo excited...Please pray for me!

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='IamMyBeloveds' timestamp='1337742836' post='2433874']
When you look at the calendar and you only have [u]3 weeks left to go.[/u]..and when your "nun trunk" is sitting in the basement, lovingly packed and ready to be put in the back of your parents' car as they drive you to the convent! :)

When your Sisters write you an e-mail ending with, "See you soon!"

Soo excited...Please pray for me!
[/quote]
Prayers!!! Congratulations!

IamMyBeloveds.... how about a count-down thread? Not only are they fun, they are also a great way for us to keep tabs on you..... if you can check in from time to time, or if you want one of us to post an update.....

Praying for you!

TheresaThoma

You are hanging out at a park with some friends and one of you realizes it is 5pm and asks the others if they brought their breviaries and if so would they like to pray evening prayer together. Of course everyone did and wants to!

Instead of comforting your friends about "boy troubles" you comfort each other about discernment issues.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1337759533' post='2433912']
IamMyBeloveds.... how about a count-down thread? Not only are they fun, they are also a great way for us to keep tabs on you..... if you can check in from time to time, or if you want one of us to post an update.....

Praying for you!
[/quote]

That's a great idea! I've known her since August 2008 when we met at the convent she is re-entering. She is such a sweetheart. I'm so happy for her but, at the same time, I'm going to miss her so much!

iammybeloveds -- if you would like help posting updates, I will be more than happy to help! ;)

When you meet a nun you've never ever seen in your ENTIRE life and at the end of the really short conversation she says, "Now you get over here and give me a hug!" ... :hehe:

AveMariaPurissima

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1337759533' post='2433912']

Praying for you!
[/quote]
:nun: A scathingly brilliant idea! :nun:

AveMariaPurissima

When you wish that your alarm clock sounded like the bell at the convent rather than that insanely annoying BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP.

i<3franciscans

When you are shopping online and see a floor length skirt and your first thought is "I could totally wear that to my next come and see!!!"

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1337974734' post='2434799']
When you wish that your alarm clock sounded like the bell at the convent rather than that insanely annoying BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP.
[/quote]

Maybe there's a ring tone that sounds like a monastic bell. I could set it as the alarm sound on my mobile (cell) phone

• 3 weeks later...