An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

Spem in alium

So many I connected to! I haven't yet properly discerned a call to religious life, but I think I'm getting there...potentially :)

Because:

In your purse you have a Rosary and third-class relics.
You pray the Rosary on the train.
Scripture reading makes you cry tears of joy.
You order 25 Brown Scapulars and don't think it's excessive.
You wear a veil or headscarf around the house and it just feels natural.
Your siblings call you "nun" to tease you, but it actually fills you with joy.
You wear all brown to uni, one of your friends jokingly asks you if you're becoming Franciscan and you quietly think "...Carmelite".
People accuse you of "needing" to go to Mass every day - when you know it's actually because you WANT to.
You feel so joyful walking past or entering a church.
Seeing the Blessed Sacrament (even in photos) fills you with love.
You tell one of your friends about the thoughts you've had on entering religious life, and they get excited about how "perfect" it is.

EDIT: spelling mistakes :)

Edited by Spem in alium

LaPetiteSoeur

Your grandmother's friend tells your grandmother that "She's got a calling, I'm convinced," even when that friend hasn't stepped into a church in decades.

Everybody knows, even before you tell them

Even your nonCatholic friends are totally razzle dazzle with it, because they can't picture you as anything else!

AveMariaPurissima

[quote name='Spem in alium' timestamp='1336347558' post='2427805']
So many I connected to! I haven't yet properly discerned a call to religious life, but I think I'm getting there...potentially :)

Because:

In your purse you have a Rosary and third-class relics.
[/quote]
On a related note: if someone were to look through your purse, they can tell right away that you're Catholic because it has a Rosary, a Bible, holy water, a mantilla, and some prayer cards. (that pretty much describes my purse!)

Spem in alium

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1336349173' post='2427820']
On a related note: if someone were to look through your purse, they can tell right away that you're Catholic because it has a Rosary, a Bible, holy water, a mantilla, and some prayer cards. (that pretty much describes my purse!)
[/quote]

Haha, so true! :) I just looked in my bag - it's a real Catholic party in there :P

TheresaThoma

When you use going on a Rosary walk or praying Vespers with the OP brothers as incentives to finish papers. (I will note I got those papers done in record time too!)

Strictlyinkblot

I have the 'Benedictine Daily Prayer: A Short Breviary' for saying the Office, two rosaries, a 2nd class Padre Pio relic and various prayer pamplets.

And this is my 1000th post. Which means I'm either destined to become a nun or I have way too much time on my hands and I should be praying/exercising/talking to friends more.

FutureCarmeliteClaire

When you see an Augustinian Friar friend of yours and he comes over and gives you a hug.

Lil'Monster

[quote name='maximillion' timestamp='1336461532' post='2428550']
What's in your purse lilmon?
[/quote]

I don't have one...... :|

[quote name='AveMariaPurissima' timestamp='1336349173' post='2427820']
[/quote]

LOL! This is me! I have a rosary, a rosary booklet, divine mercy booklet and some prayer cards!

Edited by Annie12

Oh! I have some![list]
[*]When you make your desk into a makeshift alter
[*]when you are involved with everything at church
[*]When your friends like to draw fashion and nature while you like to draw Christ and Mary.
[*]When you subconsciously think of yourself as a nun even though you are still discerning. (this is basically what this thread boils down to!)
[/list]