An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

When you decide to wear your hair down (because it's blonde and curly with ringlets thrown in) :P and because you realize you have (if it's the Lord's will) nine years left of wearing it down and not in a veil....

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1329745578' post='2389936']
^ So true. Hopefully for me not even that long.
[/quote]

Before you know it :)

I was helping walk my friend's horse this morning and the wind plus having a lot of growing-out fringey bits meant I was thinking of even the unflattering little postulant scarf with longing :sos:

FutureCarmeliteClaire

When you start hoping that you're as gorgeous as all the young nuns you see in pictures by the time you become a nun. :|

When you realize you only have approximately 4 1/2 year left... :bounce:

mysisterisalittlesister

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1329751636' post='2389969']
When you start hoping that you're as gorgeous as all the young nuns you see in pictures by the time you become a nun. :|

When you realize you only have approximately 4 1/2 year left... :bounce:
[/quote]. Wow, that's not long!

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='mysisterisalittlesister' timestamp='1329751762' post='2389971']
. Wow, that's not long!
[/quote]
Yes and no...

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1329751636' post='2389969']

[/quote]

I never thought I'd see the day when someone talked about becoming a nun for beauty reasons :)

EDIT: Though you know it's true - nuns are all beautiful. It isn't the habit. When a nun is faithful to what she is, it makes her 'light up' somehow. I've seen it a lot of times. So yeah, become a nun for Christ's sake and get beauty as a bonus side-effect. :winner:

Edited by marigold

You get super excited when you see an email from a Vocation Director/ Vocation Assistant, even if it is just the monthly newsletter.

Katiebobatie94

[quote name='Kayte Postle' timestamp='1330042365' post='2391946']
You get super excited when you see an email from a Vocation Director/ Vocation Assistant, even if it is just the monthly newsletter.
[/quote]

lol yessss. and I just discovered that the VD for the Daughters of St Paul is from my parish!!! lol I got soooooo excited

When you're always emailing the novice mistress with the questions you forgot when you saw her.

I've been doing this recently. Somehow when I was meeting with her I couldn't remember a thing, the second I got home I had a load of questions.

when you write poetry and songs about your discernment and CAN'T stop thinking about being a nun and watch the sound of music just so you can watch the nuns!

Edited by Annie12

[quote name='Annie12' timestamp='1330044952' post='2391997']
when you write poetry and songs about your discernment and CAN'T stop thinking about being a nun and watch the sound of music just so you can watch the nuns!
[/quote]

Haha, All of last week I was desperate to watch SoM for this exact reason!

LaPetiteSoeur

You have a dream about your future community...and the CFRs are there! I've decided the CFRs were at the convent for a party.