An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

Strictlyinkblot

When people ask you to go on holiday or pilgrimage or wedding and all you can think is 'Hmm, will I have already entered?' (bad grammar)

mysisterisalittlesister

When an elderly woman who can't stand talking to young people manages to get out, "Are you gonna be a nun?"

The toe of your right shoe is noticeably more worn than your left (from genuflecting) because of how many times you visit chapels.

My friends and I all noticed this same wear pattern and we were joking that we needed shoes with re-enforced right toes!

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1327948222' post='2377723']
The toe of your right shoe is noticeably more worn than your left (from genuflecting) because of how many times you visit chapels.

My friends and I all noticed this same wear pattern and we were joking that we needed shoes with re-enforced right toes!
[/quote]

Nice.

ETA: I just looked at my shoes. Yup. The right toe is scuffed and pulling way from the sole. Left one is in perfect shape.

Edited by Lisa

Strictlyinkblot

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1327948586' post='2377728']
Nice.

ETA: I just looked at my shoes. Yup. The right toe is scuffed and pulling way from the sole. Left one is in perfect shape.
[/quote]

Mine too, though both look pretty worn.

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1327952235' post='2377769']
Mine too, though both look pretty worn.
[/quote]
[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1327948586' post='2377728']
Nice.

[/quote]
Glad to know I'm not the only weird one. :hehe2:

I always wonder if Catholics have different size muscles on their legs from genuflecting. I was thinking about this when I observed the Trid Mass recently. The poor assisting priest was back and forth across the altar and every time he went past the middle he did a huge lungeing genuflect in one movement. Quite impressive. My mother had a cellist friend and his left hand was stubby and muscly from finger work on the strings, and the right hand was long and slender from holding the bow. Anybody want to examine their leg muscles for me?

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1327967634' post='2377917']
I always wonder if Catholics have different size muscles on their legs from genuflecting. I was thinking about this when I observed the Trid Mass recently. The poor assisting priest was back and forth across the altar and every time he went past the middle he did a huge lungeing genuflect in one movement. Quite impressive. My mother had a cellist friend and his left hand was stubby and muscly from finger work on the strings, and the right hand was long and slender from holding the bow. Anybody want to examine their leg muscles for me?
[/quote]

I know I have calluses on my knees from kneeling on the floor at Mass and retreats.

You know you're a future nun when you get three books out of the library that have the word nun in the title, and the lady checking them out asks if you are discerning.

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1328020693' post='2378246']
You know you're a future nun when you get three books out of the library that have the word nun in the title, and the lady checking them out asks if you are discerning.
[/quote]

Ahahaha. That sounds familiar.

When your idea of a fun thing to do before entering the monastery is... visit another monastery. Going for a daytrip tomorrow, eeep!

[quote name='marigold' timestamp='1328043273' post='2378454']
When your idea of a fun thing to do before entering the monastery is... visit another monastery. Going for a daytrip tomorrow, eeep!
[/quote]
amesome! Have fun!

When you friend from out of state texts you and says that there might be a slight chance she will be moving closer to you in the next year or so. Then adds "if you haven't entered by then we should get together".