An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

AveMariaPurissima

-When you look to see what time it is, and immediately call to mind what your Sisters are doing.
-When you already pray Divine Office (and sometimes even chant it, even though you're by yourself, just because that's how the Sisters do it.)
-When you eagerly look through the sale papers to see if any of the items you need for entrance are on sale!

AveMariaPurissima

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1328442312' post='2381405']
When you're doing your hair in the morning and thinking about how much easier it will be when you can just hide it all under the veil. :nunpray:
[/quote]
That thought has definitely crossed my mind!

Lil'Monster

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1336724989' post='2429703']
Yup, and proud
[/quote]

You would say that!!! :P

MarieClaire

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1336595490' post='2429208']
When you make your own religious community in The Sims.
[/quote]

So true! :hehe2:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1336595490' post='2429208']
When you make your own religious community in The Sims.
[/quote]

You can do that now?

LaPetiteSoeur

When, as Dorothy Day wrote, "you know your vocation by the joy it gives you. You will know."

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1337023169' post='2430554']
You can do that now?
[/quote]

I made it work. I set all the doors so only the Extern sister can get through, grille in the church and two parlour rooms. If you dress them right they can look almost like a habit, the only thing missing is the veil. I made myself a Benedictine abbey. Next up, Carmelites! :hehe2:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1337024399' post='2430561']
I made it work. I set all the doors so only the Extern sister can get through, grille in the church and two parlour rooms. If you dress them right they can look almost like a habit, the only thing missing is the veil. I made myself a Benedictine abbey. Next up, Carmelites! :hehe2:
[/quote]

WOW! I used to play Sims all the time but I didn't even think about making my own convent. That's really razzle dazzle! What version do you have? Sims 3? I might have to get a copy just to play it again. :)

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1337031796' post='2430606']
WOW! I used to play Sims all the time but I didn't even think about making my own convent. That's really razzle dazzle! What version do you have? Sims 3? I might have to get a copy just to play it again. :)
[/quote]

Yeah I've got the Sims 3. I've always loved the Sims, I have almost all the games. The first convent I made was tricky because I made the full house of 8 sisters and it was kinda difficult to control. My next one will have to be a bit smaller. Plus with the new Sims 3 stuff you can have careers in gardening and art and stuff so my sisters really don't ever leave the convent because they don't have to.

If only I can convince St. C's to let me bring the Sims with me. :hehe2:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1337033057' post='2430611']
Yeah I've got the Sims 3. I've always loved the Sims, I have almost all the games. The first convent I made was tricky because I made the full house of 8 sisters and it was kinda difficult to control. My next one will have to be a bit smaller. Plus with the new Sims 3 stuff you can have careers in gardening and art and stuff so my sisters really don't ever leave the convent because they don't have to.

If only I can convince St. C's to let me bring the Sims with me. :hehe2:
[/quote]

That is TOO razzle dazzle! You convinced me to try to find an inexpensive copy on eBay or Amazon so I can try to make my own convent. :hehe2:

she_who_is_not

My sister and I want to make a convent dollhouse. We're going to do the chapel first.

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1337033803' post='2430619']
That is TOO razzle dazzle! You convinced me to try to find an inexpensive copy on eBay or Amazon so I can try to make my own convent. :hehe2:
[/quote]

You definitely should! It's so much fun.

I'll see if I can get screenshots of my convent and post them up.

Edited because I realised it made no sense.

Edited by EmilyAnn

Strictlyinkblot

Well, I don't have a computerised convent but I do have a crafty Salve nun doll and a crafty Novice doll. They're perched on my shelf looking at me. www.carmelitesnottinghill.org.uk if you'd like one, or a whole choir full

maximillion

I have a whole mantel shelf community of Crafty Nuns, including novices and even an Abbess with a pectoral cross that Sr Susan made specially for me! There are singing nuns and Salve nuns, and they look so sweet together.
Buying Crafty Nuns also supports our own dear Sr Faith Cecilia, a phamnun.