An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

OnlySunshine

[quote name='emmaberry101' timestamp='1349065597' post='2488673']
When you are going to live with the Missionaries of Charity tomorrow to gain some experience living with Sisters!
[/quote]

Tomorrow!?!? :yahoo:

ChristinaTherese

When you are going to live with the Missionaries of Charity tomorrow to gain some experience living with Sisters!
[/quote]
Yay! Prayers for you. :pray:

PhuturePriest

My goodness, I'm thinking I should do this rose idea myself. I had a somewhat-similar experience in that I knew for certain what my vocation was in a very different and mind-blowing way, but this whole rose thing sounds cool. But I already have the vocation thing down, so what to use it for...? Perhaps doing the impossible and graduating this Spring or something?

Though since I just sang "Every Rose Has Its Thorn" I couldn't help but laugh at all of this rose talk. :hehe:

Catholicterp7

[quote name='Strictlyinkblot' timestamp='1349062367' post='2488657']
When you're planning your entrance footwear. I'm going to wear my red sparkly shoes.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Sadly I'm out of props for today but these two posts deserve props!

I was talking to my friend about the Children of Mary the other day and she said to me "It's like you're waiting for an engagement ring from a guy. You are so excited!"
That's pretty much exactly how I feel...

JMJ+ :heart:

[quote name='ameliabedelia' timestamp='1287242639' post='2179982']
and many of them dont see themselves as a bride of Christ...isnt this the whole point of religious life????

sorry :hijack: lol
[/quote]

I do not go to that website anymore. A few things offended me, one being that one of the Sisters wrote a blog about being afraid to wear the cross in public. Can you imagine, a professed Sister embarrassed to wear the cross in public? Another blog offended me, written by one of the two main Sisters that run the site and then something in the chat room went on that was shocking and made me completely leave.

Back on the subject, while wearing your purity ring and lets say the cashier clerk says, "Oh you're married." You go along with it and reply, "Oh yes & he's the best Catholic Husband any woman can find!"

Clare~Therese

When your grandfather tells you to go to a convent somewhere that's warm (like Florida or something), for his sake. lol

littleflower3

I complied this list over the years......

at Mass during the petitions when they say for an increase to vocations for the priesthood and religious life you feel guilty/cannot stop smiling.

when you see a religious and you turn the other direction.

when you see a religious and stock them.

you cannot get the idea of being a religious out of your head.

you take the vocation quizes on the internet.

you are always looking at different order on the internet.

people tell you they will go to your final profession.

you've been told you would look good in a veil.

you hide brochures about different communities under your bed.

every time a bell rings you start to pray the Angelus.

you love the voice of only women singing all together.

you randomly wake up early in the mornings and cannot explain it.

you day dream about Jesus.

you get excited about fasting.

you schedule things around praying th Divine Office.

you are intensely attracted to certain colors that strangely correspond to the exact color a certain order wears.

you stalk the saint founders of certain orders.

the saint founders of certain orders stalk you.

you get excited about the thought of spiritual children.

you're excited about even wearing a dorky pollyester postulant outfit.

you brush your teeth at least 5 times a day.

you find yourself talking to other discerners.

at conferences where they have vocation booths that is where you spend most of your time, even if you are not talking with sisters, but just walking around in laps.

...when the choir sings "Here I Am Lord" and your eyes start tearing up. It happened to me again yesterday. I also tear up all the time from "The Summons."

When you do [url="http://www.sporcle.com/games/ImagineSisters/basics-of-religious-life"]this[/url] (Can you pick the basics of Religious Life?) quiz and get all the answers right.

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1350338415' post='2493763']
When you do [url="http://www.sporcle.com/games/ImagineSisters/basics-of-religious-life"]this[/url] (Can you pick the basics of Religious Life?) quiz and get all the answers right.
[/quote]
24 out of 25 correct in 3 minutes, not bad (and the incorrect one makes me no future nun material, thank God ;))

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='NonNovi' timestamp='1350340613' post='2493774']
24 out of 25 correct in 3 minutes, not bad (and the incorrect one makes me no future nun material, thank God ;))
[/quote]

What one did you get wrong???