An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

when your mother is very worried about a scar forming behind your ear from a mole being removed and you're not concerned because a veil will cover the spot.

LaPetiteSoeur

It's been so long since I started this thread! :nun:

Many of the things have changed, but I still get looks from sisters and the casual "I think you may have a vocation" from sisters all the time. It's funny!

...when you find out there is a discernment weekend retreat for women in your diocese for the very first time and you get excited! I've been praying for something like this for a few years. The diocese seemed like they were only interested in promoting the priesthood. This is very good news for us women! :yahoo:

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1350338415' post='2493763']
When you do [url="http://www.sporcle.com/games/ImagineSisters/basics-of-religious-life"]this[/url] (Can you pick the basics of Religious Life?) quiz and get all the answers right.
[/quote]

Ha! Perfect. How about, When you take this quiz and your heart speeds up because "your order" is on it. :heart:

ChristinaTherese

This is kind of old, but when you read "Aloha Woman Sees Translators at Brid..." in a tab on your web browser and accidentally fill in mentally "Brides of Christ". (It finishes as "Bridge Builders".)

When you're sad that there's a bathroom attached to the sacristy when you have a meeting in it because that means that you don't have a splendid excuse to stop by the Tabernacle on your way back to pray for a minute.

When you leave the group anyway during a tour of the Cathedral to pray, because you promised Jesus you would.

(A lot of what I say probably doesn't automatically mean that you [i]are[/i] a future nun, but whatever.)

EDIT: Another one: When, while you're enjoying time spent with friends, you feel a longing in your heart for a cloister. And then you wonder whether a community you want to discern with would like the play you're watching. (I think they might.... :hehe2: It was a musical comedy about nuns. I found the contrast amusing. It is, by the way, called "nunsense" and is findable on YouTube.)

Edited by Christina Thérèse

When you are heading off to your midnight adoration hour, and cannot wait until you are praying Matins with your sisters at midnight!

Rosa immaculata

When you are moved to tears when you enter a parlor and you see for the first time the enclosure (what happened to me today in a Carmel before seeing the Mother Superior)!!

Spem in alium

When one of the main reasons you're looking forward to going home is so that you can officially start checking out communities. :)

...when your pastor asks the congregation after Mass to pray for vocations to the priesthood and religious life and you secretly smile but have to look down so no one sees. ;)

When a horrible tragedy occured in your hometown and the first things you thought were 'call my Sisters and ask for prayers (and post in Prayer Room.)

When you cannot wait to visit the Monastery tomorrow and give the nuns some 'special' cookies for their solemn Advent Feasts as well as buy some more of Mother Francis' great poetry!

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e280/emmajaneberry/photo.jpg

(Sorry my laptop is not working and I cant figure out how to embed on mobile.)

Edited by emmaberry101