An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='Catholicterp7' timestamp='1350664992' post='2494847']
minute thirty. I missed one only because I couldn't find it :(
JMJ+ :heart:
[/quote]

That's why I took so long. It was kind of hard for me to find the answers on the screen.

[quote name='Eowyn' timestamp='1350665968' post='2494851']

That's why I took so long. It was kind of hard for me to find the answers on the screen.
[/quote]

Off-topic, but I LOVE your new avatar and quote, Eowyn! My favorite image of Saint Clare. :love:

[quote name='emmaberry101' timestamp='1350678144' post='2494983']
Off-topic, but I LOVE your new avatar and quote, Eowyn! My favorite image of Saint Clare. :love:
[/quote]

I've been developing quite an interest in St Clare. I always thought I'd be a Carmelite, but am really attracted to the Poor Clares. Go figure... . Perhaps Lady Poverty has her eye out for me.

[quote name='Eowyn' timestamp='1350682759' post='2495059']
I've been developing quite an interest in St Clare. I always thought I'd be a Carmelite, but am really attracted to the Poor Clares. Go figure... . Perhaps Lady Poverty has her eye out for me.
[/quote]

Perhaps! Carmel is so beautiful, and I discerned both. The more I learn about the Poor Clares, the more I am intrigued by the differences between them, though they seem very similar on the surface. There is just something about each Order...a je ne sais quoi that I don't really know how to elaborate on, but it makes up their differing identities and 'feels' and its just beautiful.

Be careful with discerning the Poor Clares, though. The little Poverello will have you wrapped around his Seraphic finger before you can say 'Franciscan!' :P

Edit: So as to retain some sort of on-topicness (?), you know you are a future nun when you get your wisdom teeth out and instead of thinking about the pain, you think, "A whole day free of obligations to be on PM! Score."

Also, you know you are a future nun when you know that your Sisters are eating their collation right now and you wish you could be there (minus the giant ice pack around your swollen mouth..)

Edited by emmaberry101

[quote name='Eowyn' timestamp='1350682759' post='2495059']
[/quote]

My therapist asked me if I'd ever considered contemplative life. When I told her I had and that no contemplative community would accept me with my medical issue, she wondered why because she thinks I'd thrive in a contemplative lifestyle. She said that she noticed meditative prayer helps me and she has sent me to the Chapel after our appointment several times. I told her that if I could choose one contemplative community to join, it wouldn't be the Carmelites (even though I love them) -- it would be the Poor Clare Colettines. I am really drawn to their barefooted, poor life because they are so joyful! I would even visit the Roswell or Belleville, IL PCCs if given the chance. :)

ChristinaTherese

You don't check your answers on your exam even though you technically have the time, because you want to go to the Cathedral and be with Jesus. (I'd promised some friends that we would go, because we had to go sometime for a class project.)

You're secretly happy that you're there and hungry (due to lack of dinner) on a Friday.

Catholicterp7

Christina I wish I could give that props! I totally did that last month with my written certification test!
This is more a "you know you're discerning when..." than particularly a "future nun" thing but I thought I'd post it anyway.
You know you're discerning if you're watching a cartoon, see a friar for thirty seconds and think to yourself "why is he wearing white with a three knotted cord?? That doesn't exist does it??" then proceed to google it. It doesn't.

Catholicterp7

Christina I wish I could give that props! I totally did that last month with my written certification test!
This is more a "you know you're discerning when..." than particularly a "future nun" thing but I thought I'd post it anyway.
You know you're discerning if you're watching a cartoon, see a friar for thirty seconds and think to yourself "why is he wearing white with a three knotted cord?? That doesn't exist does it??" then proceed to google it. It doesn't.

[quote name='Catholicterp7' timestamp='1350794720' post='2495559']
[/quote]

Sounds like a mix between Dominican and Franciscan. :hehe2:

i<3franciscans

-When your mom asks "So even if your sister name was (insert religious name here) we could still call you (insert birth name here) when you came home to visit right?

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1350848581' post='2495716']
-When your mom asks "So even if your sister name was (insert religious name here) we could still call you (insert birth name here) when you came home to visit right?
[/quote]

My mom has asked me that before, too. I don't know what to tell her...

i<3franciscans

Just to keep my mom happy I said of course, but I don't know the rules if there are any...

If I was home visiting no one would be around to here my name except my family anyway. :)