An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

...when you start getting excited because your Sisters are preparing to move into the new convent and you put yourself on the volunteer list to help spruce up the place! :yahoo:

...when you start wondering if it is possible to live in the convent with the Sisters while finishing school.

father's heart

When, after you begin discerning, you realize you're WAY more excited to become a spiritual mother to guys than to consider them as potential husbands.
When you try to get your relationships in order because you're thinking of how people will remember you after you enter the community
When things finally feel right and you understand why you've never truly been able to give your heart to a man that isn't Jesus

father's heart

When, after you begin discerning, you realize you're WAY more excited to become a spiritual mother to guys than to consider them as potential husbands.
When you try to get your relationships in order because you're thinking of how people will remember you after you enter the community
When things finally feel right and you understand why you've never truly been able to give your heart to a man that isn't Jesus

Catholicterp7

When you just spent over five hours doing what you studied and worked your tail off for in college and what you love doing with the people you love hanging out with only to come home with the realization that the only thing that can possibly make you really happy is to give your life to pray for priests. (Sorry for the run on sentence. Grammar isn't my strong suite when I'm tired. :P )
JMJ+ :heart:

One of the top considerations for places to move post graduation is how easy/cheap is it to travel to the Sisters from wherever you would be living.

Catholicterp7

When you say things like "I want to be cloistered because then I can open my heart to the whole world. If I were in a non-cloistered community I could only be hospitable to so many people"

Mary+Immaculate<3

[quote name='LadyOfSorrows' timestamp='1287339991' post='2180184']
You know you're a future nun when....you listen to love songs on the radio..(usually happens to me during the Delilah show!) and think of Jesus :-)
[/quote]
Yes! Or when you hear a breakup song and think about the devil and how Jesus "broke you up" and you're "over him" xD

Mary+Immaculate<3

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1351131430' post='2497324']
when your mother is very worried about a scar forming behind your ear from a mole being removed and you're not concerned because a veil will cover the spot.
[/quote]

When your mother is concerned that you don't have a good fashion sense and that you need to "learn how to dress," while on the inside all you're thinking of is a habit. My mom said that I "dress like a nun" once, and on the inside I was like :nun3: xD

[quote name='Mary+Immaculate<3' timestamp='1353366324' post='2513197']
When your mother is concerned that you don't have a good fashion sense and that you need to "learn how to dress," while on the inside all you're thinking of is a habit. My mom said that I "dress like a nun" once, and on the inside I was like :nun3: xD
[/quote]

LOL my mom once bought be a dress because it wasn't black. (I do own a lot of black, black skirts black dresses....)

[quote name='Catholicterp7' timestamp='1353387200' post='2513464']
I had someone ask me if I were "with a community" today after Mass. :hehe2: That's the first time that's happened to me.
[/quote]

Sorry this is off-topic, Catholicterp-I didn't want to send it in a PM because I may not be the only curious one!-but is your signature from Sister Angelique, PCC? It is beautiful! I seem to remember you saying somewhere here on VS that she is a dear friend of yours. You are so blessed! Did she write that in a letter to you?

Forgive me if I am being nosy, your signature was just so beautiful and caught my attention. :love: