An Old School Catholic Message Board

Good Movies You've Seen Recently

Sarah147

OnlySunshine

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1302034265' post='2226198']
Is that the father/son movie with Quaid or Quin? I saw that and thought is was great, except the violence and gory parts.

While You Were Sleeping -- very clean and adorable

Gone Fishin'
[/quote]

It's the one with Dennis Quaid and Jim Caviezel (who played Christ in Passion of the Christ). I really like it, but you're right, it does have some very violent parts.

While You Were Sleeping is one of my very favorite movies. Sandra Bullock is too cute in that movie! I love the part where Lucy (Sandra) and Jack (Bill Pullman) try to walk up to Lucy's apartment and there is ice on the ground. When Jack slips and rips open his pantaloons in the back, I about die laughing everytime I watch it! rotfl

Gone Fishin' is a family favorite, too. "Borderline eleven!" or "Holy smokes, Gus!" are great quotes from that movie. :hehe:

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1302034424' post='2226201']
I'm crazy about "Bean: Holiday"! It always makes me crack up, big time! :smile2:

I can't agree with "Twilight" being in this thread. I don't agree with horror/scifi/etc. movies being for serious Catholics, and I know many that agree with this. It's just not a good place to go...
[/quote]

Bean Holiday is really cute, just not as cute as the first. It's too funny when Bean starts dancing at the fair and tries to eat the prawns at the restaurant without peeling them. :hehe:

If you like the Bean movies, I highly recommend the "Whole Bean" DVD collection. I've watched it several times and I love the one with the Dentist. You have to watch it. You can watch it on YouTube here (there are several others, too. just search Mr Bean):

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcigt7UTxhM[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deTgkwJFNHA[/media]

[quote name='Mary Magdalene' timestamp='1302259528' post='2226870']
Invictus
[/quote]

My mom liked that movie, but I thought it was rather dull. :blush:

Lil'Monster

[quote name='Not A Mallard' timestamp='1302537289' post='2227494']
LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition
[/quote]

:like:

I LOOOVE Bean at the dentist! That one cracks me up sooooo much!

"Shadows in the Sun" w/ Joshua Jackson is a lovely, good movie filmed in Italy (note: it does have some sexual noises in the next door room and two hinted relations outside of marriage, but it's great aside from that)

OnlySunshine

Tangled

This is a really clean, great family movie. I rented it from Redbox for 50 cents using a promo code that they sent and it was the best 50 cents I ever spent. Lots of laughs, and I even cried at the end. Definitely worth it!

MeteorShower

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1302836332' post='2228823']
Tangled

This is a really clean, great family movie. I rented it from Redbox for 50 cents using a promo code that they sent and it was the best 50 cents I ever spent. Lots of laughs, and I even cried at the end. Definitely worth it!
[/quote]

I watched that recently, too! It's so adorable! I was tearing up at the end, too.