An Old School Catholic Message Board

Good Movies You've Seen Recently

Sarah147

OnlySunshine

African Cats

Went and saw it yesterday. The theater was pretty empty, but it was the opening weekend for the movie. On a scale from 1 to 10, I would rate the movie about a 7 since it could have been longer and have more scenes of the life of both the species--cheetah and lion. My mom remarked that it was a little too sad in that 2 of the cheetah cubs were killed and the oldest lioness died, but I have watched Big Cat Diary several times and I guess I am used to seeing stuff like this, even though it is very sad. It's the circle of life. I would recommend this movie. Even though it's rated G and it's a Disney movie, I would not recommend it for very young kids. We had a few kids in the theater and one was talking the whole movie and the other (a baby) was frightened by a scene of the male lion roaring loudly. :blush:

Mater, that movie looks so cute and sad.

I want to see the new Narnia. I hope to see it soon. :)

Over the weekend, I watched "The Passion" and Father Peyton's "Glorious Rosary Mysteries." Both were wonderful.

"You've Got Mail" is good, apart from the co-habiting and the mention of something sexual amongst the women working in the bookstore.

"Sleepless in Seattle" -- a classic indeed! I think the only problem was the cohabiting.

I also watched the "Peter" movie, too, which is sooooooo good! I love the actor that plays Peter; I can't recall his name, but his eyes are sooo expressive.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BSIe1BAp3Y[/media]

I just love "Jazz Singer" the movie about Al Jolson. He moves and sings so adorably.

LaPetiteSoeur

[i]Cheaper by the Dozen

Ratatouille!
[/i]
Maybe tomorrow I will watch [i]The Trouble With Angels[/i]

Mary Magdalene

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1304175739' post='2235033']
[i]Cheaper by the Dozen

Ratatouille!
[/i]
Maybe tomorrow I will watch [i]The Trouble With Angels[/i]
[/quote]

:like:

MeteorShower

Water for Elephants

some 'mature' scenes, and the violence was kind of disturbing, but I really enjoyed it overall.

Limitless, which I had an overall favorable impression of [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/like.gif[/img]