krissylou Posted April 12, 2011 Posted April 12, 2011 Back to Questions About The Faith. Vee, the new words of consecration talk about Jesus' blood "shed for you and for many so that sins may be forgiven" while the current Missal says "for you and for all." Isn't the "for many" opening the door to Jansenism? Do we want to be opening that door?
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted April 12, 2011 Posted April 12, 2011 (edited) [quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1302640634' post='2227889'] Back to Questions About The Faith. Vee, the new words of consecration talk about Jesus' blood "shed for you and for many so that sins may be forgiven" while the current Missal says "for you and for all." Isn't the "for many" opening the door to Jansenism? Do we want to be opening that door? [/quote] Krissylou, I think that's actually good question, but maybe belongs in a different phorum on Phatmass. There is a thread on the new translation in the "News" forum, and Nihil gives a very good explanation of the new translation of this specific phrase in post #96. (For some reason, my computer won't let me copy and paste today, or I'd give you a link.) Although Vee8 is an expert on a number of theological issues including those related to translation, and is fluent in Latin, ancient and Modern Greek, Hebrew, and Aramaic, she is so humble she does not believe in displaying her knowledge either on the Internet or in private. I wouldn't push her, because she won't give in no matter how hard you try. Edited April 12, 2011 by IgnatiusofLoyola
krissylou Posted April 22, 2011 Posted April 22, 2011 Vee, I know that the Triduum isn't technically part of Lent, it's a mini-season of its own, but still is it quite right to stop one's Lenten disciplines before Easter Sunday? What is DS doing here???
vee Posted April 23, 2011 Posted April 23, 2011 [quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1303501344' post='2231186'] Vee, I know that the Triduum isn't technically part of Lent, it's a mini-season of its own, but still is it quite right to stop one's Lenten disciplines before Easter Sunday? What is DS doing here??? [/quote] I think DS makes up her own rules!!
dominicansoul Posted April 23, 2011 Author Posted April 23, 2011 [quote name='vee8' timestamp='1303598757' post='2231534'] I think DS makes up her own rules!! [/quote] pretty much
Lil'Monster Posted April 23, 2011 Posted April 23, 2011 i make up my own rules too cuz im the boss lady here
krissylou Posted April 24, 2011 Posted April 24, 2011 Vee, I was looking around at various church's schedules and for this weekend and a nearby monastery had a vigil at 4:30 AM!!!! I am not nearly holy enough to go to church at 4:30 am. Not nearly. Is this a problem?
dominicansoul Posted April 27, 2011 Author Posted April 27, 2011 Vee, when that blind dude gets healed by Jesus...why doesn't he automatically see? Why does Jesus have to do an extra hands-on healing? Also, why does he see "people, but they look like trees walking??" BLIND PEOPLE KNOW WHAT TREES LOOK LIKE??? Also, do blind people dream, and if so...what do they "see" in dreams?? BOO-YA!
Lisa Posted April 27, 2011 Posted April 27, 2011 Where was Thomas when Jesus came to the disciples?!!?!?!?!!?
vee Posted April 28, 2011 Posted April 28, 2011 [quote name='knightec' timestamp='1303949165' post='2234054'] where did i put my keys? [/quote] You could ask St Anthony or say three Glory Be's the latter being my preferred method of finding stuff.
vee Posted April 28, 2011 Posted April 28, 2011 [quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1303948537' post='2234051'] Where was Thomas when Jesus came to the disciples?!!?!?!?!! ? [/quote] [spoiler] the toilet [/spoiler]
vee Posted April 28, 2011 Posted April 28, 2011 [quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1303657413' post='2231797'] Vee, I was looking around at various church's schedules and for this weekend and a nearby monastery had a vigil at 4:30 AM!!!! I am not nearly holy enough to go to church at 4:30 am. Not nearly. Is this a problem? [/quote] The problem lies in the factor whereby holiness is dictated by lack of sleep and/or hour of early rising. I think it is best, then, to just never sleep at all and go to the earliest Mass possible. Or latest in this case. Either that or get stuck in the slacker section of heaven. I went to the 9pm vigil. I am a heathen.
ardillacid Posted April 28, 2011 Posted April 28, 2011 [quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1303936679' post='2233969'] Vee, when that blind dude gets healed by Jesus...why doesn't he automatically see? Why does Jesus have to do an extra hands-on healing? [/quote] Dude! I always wondered that same thing! But the parish priest here said he wasn't just born blind, but he was born without EYES. Then he spit in the dirt, and made clay eyes for him. O_O I have never heard this before. Can someone more theologically versed enlighten me?
Maximilianus Posted April 28, 2011 Posted April 28, 2011 [quote name='ardillacid' timestamp='1303967901' post='2234173'] Dude! I always wondered that same thing! But the parish priest here said he wasn't just born blind, but he was born without EYES. Then he spit in the dirt, and made clay eyes for him. O_O I have never heard this before. Can someone more theologically versed enlighten me? [/quote] You can forget about vee covering this one..she'll just pass the buck...I'm still waiting for the 5 bucks I payed DS for my initail questions.
ardillacid Posted April 28, 2011 Posted April 28, 2011 [quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1303968156' post='2234174'] You can forget about vee covering this one..she'll just pass the buck...I'm still waiting for the 5 bucks I payed DS for my initail questions. [/quote] Hmm, maybe I will post in the Q and A section
Maximilianus Posted April 28, 2011 Posted April 28, 2011 [quote name='ardillacid' timestamp='1303968199' post='2234175'] Hmm, maybe I will post in the Q and A section [/quote] Well if your lucky vee will leave a cool pic of a beer...but still.
vee Posted April 28, 2011 Posted April 28, 2011 yeah Im lame and still ticked at DS for starting this thing
Lil'Monster Posted April 29, 2011 Posted April 29, 2011 [quote name='vee8' timestamp='1303967302' post='2234165'] [spoiler] the toilet [/spoiler] [/quote] thats what my dad would say
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now