Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vee8 Answers Your Questions About The Faith


Recommended Posts

Posted

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1301622287' post='2225205']
I started posting here again today without getting a permission slip from God first. Does that mean I have to serve detention?[/quote]

yes so you have to hang out here more
[quote]
Why are there so many people here on Phatmass whose names I don't recognize? They already seem popular with tons of friends, and it's only been about a month and a half. Is my being totally "out of the loop" my penance for not having posted?[/quote]

You were gone for a month and a half??? Wow it seemed like forever. Your penance is to hang out here more
[quote]
So when do you go to the convent? Please don't tell me it's next week. Yes, I know about serving God and all that, but what about MEEEE! LOL (Although I'm REALLY happy for FutureNunJMJ--she's been waiting SOOO long!)
[/quote]

I have no idea!!!

Posted

[quote name='Chamomile' timestamp='1301448786' post='2224519']
Vee, since you're a Carmelite, what do you make of the 1990 vs. the 1991 Constitutions? [/quote]
If Im a Carmelite then Im like the worst one ever for not having even read the rule of St Albert. :sweat: Although I have read the rule of St Augustine which the OPs use :saint:

[quote]Does this create disunity in the OCD family? And then there are the ones that aren't under either, Valparaiso & Elysburg[/quote]
:o omigosh!!! I have to write back to Elysburg!!!

[quote]What would St. Teresa of Avila say?[/quote]
Does anyone really care??? :o :P
[quote] What do you think? [/quote]
Ok definitely no one cares about that!!

[quote]What about the O.Carms instead of the OCDs and then there are the Secular Carmelites? [/quote]
:like:

[quote]What about Caramel Macciotos and things like that?[/quote]

[size="7"]YUM!!![/size]
[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2095/1499670768_610446346a.jpg[/img]

dominicansoul
Posted

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1301866370' post='2225709']
If Im a Carmelite then Im like the worst one ever for not having even read the rule of St Albert. :sweat: Although I have read the rule of St Augustine which the OPs use :saint:
[/quote]

:evil:

Posted

[img]http://caffeineandpastries.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/caramel-macchiato.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QxPopikLRXE/S8RYxK8vHEI/AAAAAAAAAFs/vtAFn5v0y4w/s1600/caramel-macchiato-marvel.jpg[/img] [img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4017/4343522345_0fe2a592bb.jpg[/img]

Posted

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1301866725' post='2225713']
[img]http://caffeineandpastries.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/caramel-macchiato.jpg[/img]

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_QxPopikLRXE/S8RYxK8vHEI/AAAAAAAAAFs/vtAFn5v0y4w/s1600/caramel-macchiato-marvel.jpg[/img] [img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4017/4343522345_0fe2a592bb.jpg[/img]
[/quote]



I would like to apply to your Carmel, please.

Lil'Monster
Posted

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1301865377' post='2225703']
AWE.SOME!!! :like:
[/quote]


avvesome! lol me too ds

Lil'Monster
Posted

Dominicans are way so much better

MargaretTeresa
Posted

Well, DS, I have yet to hear back from the DSMME again. :cry3:

But I love talking to Sr. Mary Clare from Terre Haute...

And I have yet to still hear back from the FSPs... :cry2:

But whatever.

Posted

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1301884057' post='2225783']
Well, DS, I have yet to hear back from the DSMME again. :cry3:

But I love talking to Sr. Mary Clare from Terre Haute...

And I have yet to still hear back from the FSPs... :cry2:

But whatever.
[/quote]

The FSP vocations people are still napping! Give 'em a break. :P

When I was first interested in looking into the Cooperators I didn't see any contact info about "where to go to find more" so I ended up Googling and then tracking the Cooperator liaison person down on Facebook and I had to explain that I am not a crazy person well actually I am but not crazy in a bad and scary sort of way ...

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img]

MargaretTeresa
Posted

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1301969756' post='2226021']
The FSP vocations people are still napping! Give 'em a break. :P

When I was first interested in looking into the Cooperators I didn't see any contact info about "where to go to find more" so I ended up Googling and then tracking the Cooperator liaison person down on Facebook and I had to explain that I am not a crazy person well actually I am but not crazy in a bad and scary sort of way ...

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/blink.gif[/img]
[/quote]

I actually Tweet back and forth with Sr. Helena Burns a little bit...I guess I could ask her who I should contact more directly/alternate ways of getting in touch...


Vee, should I skip class to go to the Chrism Mass? I doubt I'll miss anything in the class...


Posted

Oh, I think she IS one of the vocation peeps!

Jackpot!!!!


[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1301970698' post='2226023']
I actually Tweet back and forth with Sr. Helena Burns a little bit...I guess I could ask her who I should contact more directly/alternate ways of getting in touch...


Vee, should I skip class to go to the Chrism Mass? I doubt I'll miss anything in the class...



[/quote]


Posted

Vee, if I introduce the Media Nuns and the Congregationalists this week, will the Congregationalists turn Catholic or will the Media Nuns turn Congregationalist or will we all meet in the middle and be Episcopalian?

MargaretTeresa
Posted

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1301972542' post='2226033']
Vee, if I introduce the Media Nuns and the Congregationalists this week, will the Congregationalists turn Catholic or will the Media Nuns turn Congregationalist or will we all meet in the middle and be Episcopalian?
[/quote]

rotfl rotfl rotfl

wow....

Posted

Well I am bringing a posse over on Friday to get acquainted so we'll see!

MargaretTeresa
Posted

Good luck, Krissy!

Posted

[quote name='Lil'Monster' timestamp='1301884012' post='2225782']
Dominicans are way so much better
[/quote]
Get out!!!

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1301884057' post='2225783']
[b]Well, DS, I have yet to hear back from the DSMME again[/b]. :cry3:

But I love talking to Sr. Mary Clare from Terre Haute...

And I have yet to still hear back from the FSPs... :cry2:

But whatever.
[/quote]

Thats strange cos I wrote them this afternoon and got a reply 30 mins later!! I was like :o :o :o Im used to waiting 2-3 weeks with Carmels so yeah....
[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1301970698' post='2226023']

Vee, should I skip class to go to the Chrism Mass? I doubt I'll miss anything in the class...


[/quote]

Oooh good one hmmm.... I think because youre a convert and will be anointed with the oils later it might be good to go and see.


[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1301972542' post='2226033']
Vee, if I introduce the Media Nuns and the Congregationalists this week, will the Congregationalists turn Catholic or will the Media Nuns turn Congregationalist [b]or will we all meet in the middle and be Episcopalian?[/b]
[/quote]
:lol4:
Iggy wishes!!

I think outcome depends on snacks... and prayers :evil: :pray:

Lil'Monster
Posted

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1302133938' post='2226530']
Get out!!!

[/quote]


no u get out vee! :bash:


besides that i think u r secretly a Dominican at heart anyway! lol :nun1:




love ya vee!

Posted

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1302133938' post='2226530']
I think outcome depends on snacks... and prayers :evil: :pray:
[/quote]

Well, we are glad we went and we made friends, but nobody is converting.

Probably because the snacks were unremarkable.

MissScripture
Posted

Everyone under estimates the importance of good snacks!

Posted

So should I offer to bake cookies for the next Nun Movie Night?

:evil:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...