An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vee8 Answers Your Questions About The Faith

dominicansoul

dominicansoul

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1295029078' post='2200077']
vee8, why aren't there more pictures of pie on phatmass?
[/quote]

This is a great idea! We should post a picture of a pie whenever our advice is being ignored in a debate thread! :smile2:

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1295027145' post='2200069']
What? I cant hear you when Im looking at this pic...

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7c/De_zeven_trappisten.jpg/800px-De_zeven_trappisten.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

wha...

...you say something?

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1295027145' post='2200069']
What? I cant hear you when Im looking at this pic...

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/7c/De_zeven_trappisten.jpg/800px-De_zeven_trappisten.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

wha...

...you say something?

Vee, since you're a Dominican, what do you think about the Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary in light of the tradition of the Rosary being Our Lady's Psalter - the equivalent for laypeople of saying 150 Psalms (matching the number of Ave Marias for the Joyful, Sorrowful, & Glorious Mysteries)?

Also, do Canadians make moonshine?

dominicansoul

[quote name='Chamomile' timestamp='1295109401' post='2200351']
Vee, since you're a Dominican...
[/quote]

Vee, when did you convert?

[quote name='Chamomile' timestamp='1295109401' post='2200351']
Vee, since you're a Dominican, what do you think about the Luminous Mysteries of the Rosary in light of the tradition of the Rosary being Our Lady's Psalter - the equivalent for laypeople of saying 150 Psalms (matching the number of Ave Marias for the Joyful, Sorrowful, & Glorious Mysteries)?
[/quote]
[size="6"]
Mary!![/size] :love: The more mysteries the merrier for our magnificent Mother!!! :love: :love: :love:

[i]"O Blessed Rosary of Mary, sweet chain which unites us to God, bond of love which unites us to the angels, tower of salvation against the assaults of Hell, safe port in our universal shipwreck, we will never abandon you. You will be our comfort in the hour of death: yours our final kiss as life ebbs away. And the last word from our lips will be your sweet name, O Queen of the Rosary of Pompei, O dearest Mother, O Refuge of Sinners, O Sovereign Consoler of the Afflicted. May you be everywhere blessed, today and always, on earth and in heaven".[/i] [left] [i]From the Vatican, on the 16th day of October in the year 2002, the beginning of the twenty- fifth year of my Pontificate.[/i][/left] [center] [i][b]JOHN PAUL II[/b][/i][/center]

[quote]
Also, do Canadians make moonshine?[/quote]

No. we all sit around and pray the Luminous Mysteries :P :saint:

[quote name='Chamomile' timestamp='1295109653' post='2200353']
Also, why do Eastern Rite Catholic Churches have prettier vestments than the Latin Rite?
[/quote]

We used to have pretty vestments too but many churches now keep them in the basement next to the paint cans. :woot: Eastern rite stuff! BTW I love love love their Mass and Churches and ICONS!!!!

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1295110744' post='2200358']
Vee, when did you convert?
[/quote]

I did what???

:love: :love: :love:

[img]http://consecratedtomary.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/our-lady-of-mount-carmel.jpg[/img]

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1295111991' post='2200364']
We used to have pretty vestments too but many churches now keep them in the basement next to the paint cans. :woot: Eastern rite stuff! BTW I love love love their Mass and Churches and ICONS!!!!

[/quote]

[img]http://alphastoredesign.com/search-images/www.holytrinitystore.com/images/virgin-of-the-unburnt-bush-lrg-471.jpg[/img]

Theotokos of the Unburnt Bush

:heart:

IgnatiusofLoyola

Vee--

Why do those heretic Anglicans have good music at their services while Catholics (with some exceptions) are willing to put up with lame songs and bad guitars? Also, since Catholics don't sing anyway, why do they bother to have congregational hymns? Also, why do Jewish synagogues have so much better food after their services than either those heretic Anglicans OR Catholics? Why doesn't the Catholic church require donuts at after-Mass gatherings? Why would I want to convert if it means I have to hold hands during the Our Father with some guy with sweaty palms who just wiped his nose on his hand? Am I related to Cardinal George?

Just the beginning of my many questions.....

IgnatiusofLoyola

Got some more questions. You should never give me a chance to ask questions. :joecool:

If I become a heretic Anglican nun, do I share the same nun's lounge in heaven with Catholic nuns? What if I don't WANT to share a lounge in heaven with women who are constantly having ecstacies and crying holy tears into buckets? (Heretic Anglican nuns would never engage in such unseemly behavior in front of others, assuming they were to engage in such undignified behavior in the first place, which would be unlikely. In my not very humble opinion, those heretic Anglicans who do engage in unseemly behavior of any type have forgotten their British, stiff upper lip (at least in public), roots.) Do I have to give up commas, and the long sentences they create, for Lent? Do I get a plenary indulgence for getting up in the middle of the night to hand-feed my sick cat? Do heretic Anglicans even get indulgences? Why hasn't St. Therese responded to the novena I said to her last fall, in good faith and all seriousness, in honor of her feast day? Does St. Therese even listen to heretic Anglicans? If I call Cardinal George, will he answer the phone himself? Is Cardinal George a Cardinal because cardinals are the state bird of Illinois, and he is the Archbishop of the Chicago Archdiocese?

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

[quote name='Chamomile' timestamp='1295189843' post='2200733']
[img]http://alphastoredesign.com/search-images/www.holytrinitystore.com/images/virgin-of-the-unburnt-bush-lrg-471.jpg[/img]

Theotokos of the Unburnt Bush

:heart:
[/quote]
:o :woot: :love: :love: :woot:

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1295197307' post='2200749']
Vee--

Why do those heretic Anglicans have good music at their services while Catholics (with some exceptions) are willing to put up with lame songs and bad guitars? Also, since Catholics don't sing anyway, why do they bother to have congregational hymns?[/quote]
[size="7"]IGGYYYYYYYY!!!![/size] :yahoo:
My parish has a pipe organ and actually uses it at most Masses :like: We also have a couple of decent singers... and the rest just praise God with a voice only He can love because He gave it to them! You heretics have good music huh?? Come on over and bring the music with you!!! :smile3:
[quote] Also, why do Jewish synagogues have so much better food after their services than either those heretic Anglicans OR Catholics?[/quote]
THEY DO!?!??!?!?!??
[quote]Why doesn't the Catholic church require donuts at after-Mass gatherings?[/quote] IM GOING TO WRITE THE POPE ABOUT THAT RIGHT NOW!
[quote]Why would I want to convert if it means I have to hold hands during the Our Father with some guy with sweaty palms who just wiped his nose on his hand? [/quote] You can discreetly santize your hands just before Communion :)
[quote]Am I related to Cardinal George?[/quote] That'd be awesome if you were!

YAY!!!!
just remember this is me answering so dissatisfaction is guaranteed!

MissScripture

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1295111207' post='2200361']
[size="6"]
Mary!![/size] :love: The more mysteries the merrier for our magnificent Mother!!! :love: :love: :love:

[i]"O Blessed Rosary of Mary, sweet chain which unites us to God, bond of love which unites us to the angels, tower of salvation against the assaults of Hell, safe port in our universal shipwreck, we will never abandon you. You will be our comfort in the hour of death: yours our final kiss as life ebbs away. And the last word from our lips will be your sweet name, O Queen of the Rosary of Pompei, O dearest Mother, O Refuge of Sinners, O Sovereign Consoler of the Afflicted. May you be everywhere blessed, today and always, on earth and in heaven".[/i] [left] [i]From the Vatican, on the 16th day of October in the year 2002, the beginning of the twenty- fifth year of my Pontificate.[/i][/left] [center] [i][b]JOHN PAUL II[/b][/i][/center]

No. we all sit around and pray the Luminous Mysteries :P :saint:
[/quote]
You canadians have to have something to do to pass the long, dark winter!

[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' timestamp='1295197307' post='2200749']
Vee--

Why do those heretic Anglicans have good music at their services while Catholics (with some exceptions) are willing to put up with lame songs and bad guitars? Also, since Catholics don't sing anyway, why do they bother to have congregational hymns? Also, why do Jewish synagogues have so much better food after their services than either those heretic Anglicans OR Catholics? Why doesn't the Catholic church require donuts at after-Mass gatherings? Why would I want to convert if it means I have to hold hands during the Our Father with some guy with sweaty palms who just wiped his nose on his hand? Am I related to Cardinal George?

[/quote]
The reason Catholics don't have that great of music, is cuz the ones who are good at music join the convent, where they sing like Angels, but then all we're left with at the parishes is sub-par music. :P

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1294623465' post='2198408']
because you like hitting people you are meant to be a Dominican. Clearly this is God's will. I asked.
[/quote]

It's true. If Dominicans regularly hit people, then I must be more Dominican than I thought...although I only hit people upside the head when they are being [i]really[/i] stupid.

:nun1:

Edited by LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1295225770' post='2200855']
Vee, is "Ebony and Ivory" really the unofficial O.P. anthem?
[/quote]

LOL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZtiJN6yiik