An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vee8 Answers Your Questions About The Faith

dominicansoul

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1295486710' post='2202011']
so Dominicans rule all..

thanks, vee
[/quote]

Its important to let them think they rule all, even when they really dont, 'cus otherwise they inqusition you.

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1295520124' post='2202149']

[/quote]

:...:

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1295533278' post='2202191']
Do nuns ever mouth the words when they don't know the tune??? Or, what do they say instead of "watermelon" if they don't know the words (which doesn't seem very holy...)?

[/quote]

Watermelons are evil??? :(

Each word is to be said clearly and if you dont you get one of these
[img]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_sXRY9dzOA8Y/SpAuZQKX0xI/AAAAAAAAAKA/RENtQ3Ps_Ls/s400/Nun+snowball+fight.jpg[/img]

Vee, I was asked a rather difficult question just now, and as I cannot answer it, I will leave it to your genius:

Why are all the cute guys preists? ...or seminarians....

Edited by Tally Marx

Vee, When Jesus had his Apostle go to the water and catch a fish, the first fish he caught would have the coins in its mouth. He
was to bring them back to pay the tax man. Why go through all that bother when Jesus could have just zapped some coins out of thin
air? What did he did with the fish? Did he toss it back or grill it with some nice oil and spices?:blink:

[font=Tahoma][size=2]Vee,[/size][/font]

[font=Tahoma][size=2]Every one says all good-looking people are conceited. But, I am not. Why is that?[/size][/font]

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1294970481' post='2199881']
Vee8, what impact did Kant have on the thought of Karol Wojtyla and his Theology of the Body?
[/quote]

Okay, this one I want to know the answer to!!!

Because I don't think there would be much connection, actually. Kant is continuing on similar sorts of projects as Decartes, which is all about separating out what we can know on a purely intellectual level from the less reliable material world. That's a very different mindset than most Catholic philosophy and CERTAINLY (I would think) of something called the Theology of the BODY.

But I might be wrong ...

:bible:

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1296154810' post='2205121']
Vee is neglecting her responsibility! :bash: vee
[/quote]

I called you in as back up and you failed to back me up. :bash: ds

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1296144627' post='2205061']
Okay, this one I want to know the answer to!!!

Because I don't think there would be much connection, actually. Kant is continuing on similar sorts of projects as Decartes, which is all about separating out what we can know on a purely intellectual level from the less reliable material world. That's a very different mindset than most Catholic philosophy and CERTAINLY (I would think) of something called the Theology of the BODY.

But I might be wrong ...

:bible:
[/quote]
[img]http://www.rabbireport.com/archives/2007/10/06/Guinness%20PInt.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1295961302' post='2204146']
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Vee,[/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Every one says all good-looking people are conceited. But, I am not. Why is that?[/size][/font]
[/quote]

Good job, here have a beverage

[img]http://thebeerlist.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/labatt_blue.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1295723920' post='2203089']
Vee, I was asked a rather difficult question just now, and as I cannot answer it, I will leave it to your genius:

Why are all the cute guys preists? ...or seminarians....
[/quote]

Well Ive seen a few less than attractive ones... but yeah I know what you mean especially the FSSP guys

[quote name='Deb' timestamp='1295841586' post='2203681']
Vee, When Jesus had his Apostle go to the water and catch a fish, the first fish he caught would have the coins in its mouth. He
was to bring them back to pay the tax man. Why go through all that bother when Jesus could have just zapped some coins out of thin
air? What did he did with the fish? Did he toss it back or grill it with some nice oil and spices?:blink:
[/quote]

As scripture says Judas kept the money bag for the disciples and would steal from it soooo.... they were probably all out of cash and Jesus had to go the miracle route instead. Id bet they probably grilled that fish up and ate it. nom nom :eat:

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1296156489' post='2205154']
Good job, here have a beverage

[img]http://thebeerlist.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/labatt_blue.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Ahhh. That hit the spot. Thanks!