vee Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1296144627' post='2205061'] Okay, this one I want to know the answer to!!! Because I don't think there would be much connection, actually. Kant is continuing on similar sorts of projects as Decartes, which is all about separating out what we can know on a purely intellectual level from the less reliable material world. That's a very different mindset than most Catholic philosophy and CERTAINLY (I would think) of something called the Theology of the BODY. But I might be wrong ... [/quote] [img]http://www.rabbireport.com/archives/2007/10/06/Guinness%20PInt.jpg[/img]
vee Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='Papist' timestamp='1295961302' post='2204146'] [font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Vee,[/size][/font] [font="Tahoma"][size="2"]Every one says all good-looking people are conceited. But, I am not. Why is that?[/size][/font] [/quote] Good job, here have a beverage [img]http://thebeerlist.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/labatt_blue.jpg[/img]
vee Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='Tally Marx' timestamp='1295723920' post='2203089'] Vee, I was asked a rather difficult question just now, and as I cannot answer it, I will leave it to your genius: Why are all the cute guys preists? ...or seminarians.... [/quote] Well Ive seen a few less than attractive ones... but yeah I know what you mean especially the FSSP guys [quote name='Deb' timestamp='1295841586' post='2203681'] Vee, When Jesus had his Apostle go to the water and catch a fish, the first fish he caught would have the coins in its mouth. He was to bring them back to pay the tax man. Why go through all that bother when Jesus could have just zapped some coins out of thin air? What did he did with the fish? Did he toss it back or grill it with some nice oil and spices? [/quote] As scripture says Judas kept the money bag for the disciples and would steal from it soooo.... they were probably all out of cash and Jesus had to go the miracle route instead. Id bet they probably grilled that fish up and ate it. nom nom
MIKolbe Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [img]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/corsetti3/IMG_5008.jpg[/img]
Papist Posted January 27, 2011 Posted January 27, 2011 [quote name='vee8' timestamp='1296156489' post='2205154'] Good job, here have a beverage [img]http://thebeerlist.org/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/labatt_blue.jpg[/img] [/quote] Ahhh. That hit the spot. Thanks!
Chamomile Posted January 28, 2011 Posted January 28, 2011 vee, if you could ask a question about the Faith, any question, what would it be?
dominicansoul Posted January 28, 2011 Author Posted January 28, 2011 [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1296156987' post='2205162'] [img]http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n129/corsetti3/IMG_5008.jpg[/img] [/quote] nice! [size="1"](where's my flask?)[/size]
vee Posted January 28, 2011 Posted January 28, 2011 [quote name='Chamomile' timestamp='1296223850' post='2205694'] vee, if you could ask a question about the Faith, any question, what would it be? [/quote] Why, of all the disciples, did Jesus pick Peter James and John to reveal Himself to during the Transfiguration?
Maximilianus Posted January 28, 2011 Posted January 28, 2011 [quote name='vee8' timestamp='1296242675' post='2205887'] Why, of all the disciples, did Jesus pick Peter James and John to reveal Himself to during the Transfiguration? [/quote] If you don't answer yourself the forum will implode.
Tally Marx Posted January 28, 2011 Posted January 28, 2011 [quote name='vee8' timestamp='1296242675' post='2205887'] Why, of all the disciples, did Jesus pick Peter James and John to reveal Himself to during the Transfiguration? [/quote] Because Peter wasn't an intellectual or a theologian, which isn't a good thing when you are going to be the Pope, and Jesus wanted to get him thinking about eschatological signs. John, because Jesus didn't want them to tell anyone about what they saw, and John was humble, obedient, and quiet overall; if anyone was going to keep his mouth shut about, it was John. Plus, he was going to have to write about it later in the Gospel. And James, because he wasn't used to going places without his brother, and pestered Jesus until He let him come along, too. Max, I liked watching things implode.
Tally Marx Posted January 28, 2011 Posted January 28, 2011 (edited) [quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1296144627' post='2205061'] Okay, this one I want to know the answer to!!! Because I don't think there would be much connection, actually. Kant is continuing on similar sorts of projects as Decartes, which is all about separating out what we can know on a purely intellectual level from the less reliable material world. That's a very different mindset than most Catholic philosophy and CERTAINLY (I would think) of something called the Theology of the BODY. But I might be wrong ... [/quote] Wojtyla's students said that their teacher often held philosophic dialogues with Kant. And I cannot say that the two were [i]always[/i] at odds with one another. There were some fundamental beliefs and principles they held in common. For example: Kant, like Wojtyla, strongly believed in the dignity of the human person and was anti-utilitarian. Kant also argued that intercourse is inherently an act of using another, and cannot be an act of giving oneself. Intercourse to Kant was mutual utilitarianism. This obviously is in direct contradiction to Catholicism and TOB, so I don't know if one can rightly say that Kant [i]influenced[/i] Wojtyla (ie, that he learned from him), or if Kant was just someone Wojtyla was intrigued by because they were so alike, yet so different. And yes I am probably missing an awful lot of info here. I never was a philosopher, and cannot understand half of what Kant says. Or Wojtyla, for that matter. Edited January 28, 2011 by Tally Marx
ardillacid Posted February 3, 2011 Posted February 3, 2011 Did Jesus have an 8-pack? Seems to me all the crucifixes portray Jesus as a fairly built chap.
ardillacid Posted February 3, 2011 Posted February 3, 2011 Why are people buried in their best clothes? Seems like a waste
franciscanheart Posted February 3, 2011 Posted February 3, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1294628301' post='2198456'] is that what that means? [/quote] yes.
Lil Red Posted February 3, 2011 Posted February 3, 2011 [quote name='hugheyforlife' timestamp='1296765714' post='2208289'] yes. [/quote] guess i like the right sort of people then.
MissScripture Posted February 4, 2011 Posted February 4, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1296766181' post='2208296'] guess i like the right sort of people then. [/quote] It also explains a lot about why my sister is Dominican.
vee Posted February 4, 2011 Posted February 4, 2011 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1296777891' post='2208379'] It also explains a lot about why my sister is Dominican. [/quote]
vee Posted February 4, 2011 Posted February 4, 2011 (edited) [quote name='notardillacid' timestamp='1296706609' post='2208066'] Did Jesus have an 8-pack? Seems to me all the crucifixes portray Jesus as a fairly built chap. [/quote] Im guessing Jesus was in pretty good shape what with all that manual labor and walking. Besides its hard to have a beer belly with no beer. Ok I know nothing about ancient Israel but I assume they didnt have beer. [quote name='notardillacid' timestamp='1296709138' post='2208083'] Why are people buried in their best clothes? Seems like a waste [/quote] Maybe its so they will look nice when they are resurrected on the last day? edited to fix typo Edited February 4, 2011 by vee8
Tally Marx Posted February 4, 2011 Posted February 4, 2011 Vee, would I be considered radical and extravagant if I walked to a very distant convent that I really want to visit and don't have the money to fly/ride to?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now