An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholic Church Denies Funeral For Local Gay Man...maybe

katholikkid

havok579257

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1310155248' post='2264603']
Havok, I'm done with this. I will pray that you get over your need for my approval.
[/quote]

you got me. i am so in need of your approval. i don't know ever what i will do without your approval. :dance4:

[quote name='havok579257' timestamp='1310155433' post='2264607']
you got me. i am so in need of your approval. i don't know ever what i will do without your approval. :dance4:
[/quote]

See? Now you're dancing, just like me.

You the saying about imitation being the most sincere form of flattery...

havok579257

[quote name='stevil' timestamp='1310155335' post='2264605']
When people pray for others, why do they tell them before doing it? Is it common curtesy or is it because they want them to feel that they need praying for?
[/quote]

you got us catholics. whenever we tell someone we are praying for them, we are trying to tell them they are being horrible sinners. we pray for people during mass all the time. i can only imagine what you must think.

havok579257

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1310155530' post='2264608']

You the saying about imitation being the most sincere form of flattery...
[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='havok579257' timestamp='1310155567' post='2264609']
you got us catholics. whenever we tell someone we are praying for them, we are trying to tell them they are being horrible sinners. we pray for people during mass all the time. i can only imagine what you must think.
[/quote]

When you spend 20+ pages arguing with someone and [i]then[/i] tell them that you're going to pray for them, it tends to come off as a bit of a jab.

[quote name='havok579257' timestamp='1310155661' post='2264610']
:lol:
[/quote]

Sorry [s]ma'am[/s] sir.

iPhones are tricky :)

havok579257

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1310155750' post='2264611']
When you spend 20+ pages arguing with someone and [i]then[/i] tell them that you're going to pray for them, it tends to come off as a bit of a jab.
[/quote]

and when you make numerous posts and try to attack catholics on phatmass about being uncharitable and are uncharitable yourself, it tends come off hypocritical.

[quote name='havok579257' timestamp='1310156144' post='2264616']
and when you make numerous posts and try to attack catholics on phatmass about being uncharitable and are uncharitable yourself, it tends come off hypocritical.
[/quote]

Good to see you found your spell-check button!

Where was I uncharitable again? I seem to have forgotten amidst all this fun I'm having getting you riled up.

[/quote]
I wasn't talking about the actual prayer, just the habit of telling the subject person before hand.

[quote name='stevil' timestamp='1310154626' post='2264597']
Please forgive me kujo, I feel compelled to answer this post which is so obviously directed at you LOL

With kujo I don't see a battle line drawn between Catholics and Atheists, there is no war to fight.
Just because I say something that does not mean this opinion is the Atheistic stance, I have not claimed it on behalf of all Atheists and I don't think that this should drive an instant and immediate response of disapproval from Catholics with a motive to disown all things Atheistic including opinions.
If you looked at the totallity of things you would find that we are much more alike than you probably think.

With regards to being aligned with the Catholic church, I am unqualified to know who is more aligned, you or kujo. It is not clear to me. Kujo seems to be compassionate and understanding and seems to be tolerant of others, I would think these good traits might be aligned with the Church.
[/quote]

Any more of these compliments from an atheist and Havok's head might explode!

i can only imagine what you must think.
[/quote]
You could ask rather than imagine

[quote name='stevil' timestamp='1310156523' post='2264622']
You could ask rather than imagine
[/quote]

What do you think?

[quote name='havok579257' timestamp='1310125921' post='2264383']
i understand what your point of being here is, but people are giving you answers and your just blowing them off. your picking and choosing which things to argue and which things are unjust. you write repeatedly about how the church is wrong because they discriminate against homoexuals. although you ignore the fact that the church teaches the same things against all kinds of sin. it seems like your not here to learn but instead here to talk about specific things your against. it seems this way since yoru picking and choosing certain things to complain about even though we bring up the same instance of the church being against another type of sin. you just ignore that the church teaches that premarital sex is wrong and only focus on when the church says homosexual sex is wrong. the church talks about both and about how bad both are. yet you only focus on one and ignore the other when they are very similar. ii could understand if you complained about why does the church teach anything is wrong and they are offending someone always by telling them their acts are sinful. although your not doing that. yoru ignore facts and picking and choosing which things to complain about. that's why i question if your honestly here to learn about catholicism.
[/quote]
This is why I gave up several pages ago. Ironically, it was my homosexual friends that suggested I wash my hands of this argument.

Vincent Vega

Seems like what we're seeing here is a want to make the Church conform to the world. It would be easier on everyone if homosexuality wasn't a sin (it'd be easier if there were no sexual sins at all, or even if there were none, period). Unfortunately, that's not the way it is. Don't get mad at us, get mad at God - he's the one who made the rules.
I wish that I could say that my homosexual friends and relatives were not doing anything contrary to natural law when they engaged in sexual acts with others of their own sex. It would make things easier on both them and me. That's not the way the cookie crumbles, though, and unfortunately the gate is narrow. Not you nor I nor anyone else can change that.

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1310156978' post='2264627']
Seems like what we're seeing here is a want to make the Church conform to the world. It would be easier on everyone if homosexuality wasn't a sin (it'd be easier if there were no sexual sins at all, or even if there were none, period). Unfortunately, that's not the way it is. Don't get mad at us, get mad at God - he's the one who made the rules.
I wish that I could say that my homosexual friends and relatives were not doing anything contrary to natural law when they engaged in sexual acts with others of their own sex. It would make things easier on both them and me. That's not the way the cookie crumbles, though, and unfortunately the gate is narrow. Not you nor I nor anyone else can change that.
[/quote]

I'm not mad at anybody. Remember, I'm the one :dance:

Edited by kujo