An Old School Catholic Message Board

Our Rainbow Baby Countdown Thread

fides quarens intellectum

[quote name='AnneLine' timestamp='1320816283' post='2333621']
Praying over here too....

"OPEN OPEN OPEN"

Maybe you could hint that dinner is almost ready.... works well with older kids and husbands.... maybe will work with these lil ones too....
[/quote]
Dinner is always ready when you're nursing... haha.

Thanks for the prayers

-8. Well, I've been reassigned. At least it is someone I've met at two of my appointments, so it won't be a complete stranger... Guess it's not the end of the world. :)

You guys are too funny - I needed some laughs, so thanks! ;)

Archaeology cat

You could always try [url="http://youtu.be/pb_AcnR5Tw8"]this[/url]. :|

If it's any consolation, one of the midwives I had with Charlotte I'd only met once, the week before. I'd never met the other one. Both were lovely and supportive and it turned out great. I'd never met the midwives for my hospital birth, either, and the first one was just lovely. So was the OB who ended up attending Kieran's birth.

MissScripture

If you child is going to be so disobedient so early on, I'm not sure I'll be able to let my baby hang out with yours when they're born, FQI. :|

(Ha! I bet my kid will be far more of a demon child than yours! A cute demon child, but a little monster, nonetheless! :hehe2: )

[quote name='Archaeology cat' timestamp='1320854075' post='2333740']

If it's any consolation, one of the midwives I had with Charlotte I'd only met once, the week before. I'd never met the other one. Both were lovely and supportive and it turned out great. I'd never met the midwives for my hospital birth, either, and the first one was just lovely. So was the OB who ended up attending Kieran's birth.
[/quote]

rotfl - thanks - that video made my day.

yes, i was reminded today on another site that the ladies in the UK don't get to establish relationships with their health care providers the way we do over here, and yet they still manage to have their babies just fine, so, yeah, i shouldn't get too stressed by it.

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1320856306' post='2333766']
If you child is going to be so disobedient so early on, I'm not sure I'll be able to let my baby hang out with yours when they're born, FQI. :|[/quote]

:sadwalk:

[quote name='Archaeology cat' timestamp='1320854075' post='2333740']

[/quote]

The fitness instructor part of me instantly thought that pregnant women should not be doing wide leg movements due to joint changes during pregnancy and increased risk of injury. The rest of me laughed :hehe2:

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Totus Tuus' timestamp='1320814618' post='2333598']

I'm suuuuuure you mean eating pineapple ;)
[/quote]

I don't think pineapple really works... and if you eat too much it just gives you diarrhea. I know a woman who tried it. :|

I always joke with people that they should do jumping jacks. lol

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1320858046' post='2333776']

The fitness instructor part of me instantly thought that pregnant women should not be doing wide leg movements due to joint changes during pregnancy and increased risk of injury. The rest of me laughed :hehe2:
[/quote]

rotfl

Archaeology cat

I tell my family they aren't allowed to tell me when I can go into labour any more. With Kieran, my mother had told me not to go into labour before the 29th, as they weren't arriving until the 1st. Yeah, my waters broke at 2.00 the 29th, and he was born at 17.43. With Charlotte my sister told me not to go into labour before the 27th, as she wanted to share a birthday (hers is the 28th). Yep, went into labour just after midnight on the 27th, she was born at 4.10.

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Archaeology cat' timestamp='1320864895' post='2333843']
I tell my family they aren't allowed to tell me when I can go into labour any more. With Kieran, my mother had told me not to go into labour before the 29th, as they weren't arriving until the 1st. Yeah, my waters broke at 2.00 the 29th, and he was born at 17.43. With Charlotte my sister told me not to go into labour before the 27th, as she wanted to share a birthday (hers is the 28th). Yep, went into labour just after midnight on the 27th, she was born at 4.10.
[/quote]

The only time one of my siblings said anything remotely like that ("I hope the baby is born...") was because my due date was on her birthday and she wanted to share it. Charlotte was born 6 days off and missed the shared b-day. It would have been funny, though, because Adrienne already shares a birthday with my brother (10 days off from her due date) so if we'd had two shared b-days that would have been pretty neat. One of my brothers in law shares a birthday with their younger sister (I guess it cuts pretty close sometimes when you have a huge family, my brother--the one who shares Adrienne's birthday--was due on my birthday).

MissScripture

My mom has commented that she hopes Peanut is born the weekend I'm due, because it's her weekend off so she would be able to come see the baby right away. She is worried if she doesn't have off, my grandparents will try to get here before she gets up here.
My Grandma also has complained that Peanut is going to be born in a month that isn't on her "Mother's Birthstone Ring." She doesn't have December, January or February. So, there really isn't a chance unless Peanut comes SUPER early! I think she actually thinks we planned it this way on purpose, too. :rolleyes:

Archaeology cat

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1320867632' post='2333865']

The only time one of my siblings said anything remotely like that ("I hope the baby is born...") was because my due date was on her birthday and she wanted to share it. Charlotte was born 6 days off and missed the shared b-day. It would have been funny, though, because Adrienne already shares a birthday with my brother (10 days off from her due date) so if we'd had two shared b-days that would have been pretty neat. One of my brothers in law shares a birthday with their younger sister (I guess it cuts pretty close sometimes when you have a huge family, my brother--the one who shares Adrienne's birthday--was due on my birthday).
[/quote]
Kieran was born the day after my brother's birthday; Charlotte was born the day before my sister's. Definitely wasn't planned that way. :lol:

missionseeker

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' timestamp='1320867632' post='2333865']

[/quote]

I have two siblings who were born on October 27th, but they are 7 years apart. Oddly enough, this year, one left teenagedom and one entered it this year. (20 and 13)