An Old School Catholic Message Board

Our Rainbow Baby Countdown Thread

fides quarens intellectum

CoffeeCatholic

Late babies love their mamas. :)

Beatrice was 16 days late. I cried and cried and scrubbed floors and cried some more. She was born in less than 2 hours before we could even get in the car on the morning she was scheduled to be induced.

Moral? Babies are born on their birthdays. :) We're praying!

I am the first born of two girls and my due date was originally July 7th, but I was born 19 days later on the 26th. :)

brandelynmarie

Late babies...they have climate-control, a womb with a view, room-service for meals...can't say I blame them for not wanting to leave. :hehe:

But...c'mon baby!!!!

Dear Baby,

I am very thankful you're healthy and apparently quite comfortable in there. However, your father and I would like to meet you now.

I am not sure if you are aware of the fact that there is only one cure for mommy's gestational carpal tunnel, hypertension, fluid retention, and SI joint pain: DELIVERY!!

Consider that you have had two weeks in a row of nice growth spurts and you finished dropping a week ago yesterday; your lungs should be ready and you should have enough body fat not to require any NICU treatment were you to come out now. So, there is no need to stay in there longer, okay, baby? It is time to come out and meet the world. You are running out of room in there - there is SO much more room out here for you.

Please kindly keep all of this in mind today. We will reach 41 weeks tomorrow - a landmark I would prefer not to reach, if that's okay with you.

Kindest regards,
Your Mom

MissScripture

How long do you have until they start talking induction? :(
I also like how you signed it "kindest regards" and not "Love." :|

MissScripture

P.S. If I deliver before 40 weeks (which I don't expect to. My doctor uncle told me to just settle in for the long haul and pretend my "due date" IS the 42 week mark, so I'm trying to keep that in mind) are you going to slug me if I tell you, "Well, you know I delivered at X weeks, I don't know why it took you so long?" :harhar:

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1320681305' post='2332575']
How long do you have until they start talking induction? :(
I also like how you signed it "kindest regards" and not "Love." :|
[/quote]

If we're still pregnant this Wednesday and everything is perfect at my appt, they may let me go a few more days before requiring uterine monitoring. However, there is the gestational hypertension factor which has only gotten worse lately - there's really not much room left for my BP to keep rising toward. Praise God there are no signs of pre-eclampsia, but with the hypertension, the carpal tunnel and fluid retention all getting worse - these are all things they'll be weighing this Wednesday when considering that horrid word that begins with an "i"... So, we'll see.

As for the "Kindest Regards," I figured I should keep the eviction notice on the formal side. :|

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1320681546' post='2332576']
P.S. If I deliver before 40 weeks (which I don't expect to. My doctor uncle told me to just settle in for the long haul and pretend my "due date" IS the 42 week mark, so I'm trying to keep that in mind) are you going to slug me if I tell you, "Well, you know I delivered at X weeks, I don't know why it took you so long?" :harhar:
[/quote]

ha ha... That is neat that your doctor told you to pretend your due date is the end of term - sounds like a good doctor!

MissScripture

Actually that was just my uncle. He's a family practice doctor who has (from the reports of the people I've meet in his town) delivered about half of his town. He has actually delivered the children of people he has delivered. So, he had a few tips like that when my dad told him I was pregnant. He also told my dad to tell me just to smell of elderberries it up when I had morning sickness. Very sensitive. :|