An Old School Catholic Message Board

Our Rainbow Baby Countdown Thread

fides quarens intellectum

Archaeology cat

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' timestamp='1319060981' post='2323908']
13. Today's appt: based on feeling around with her hands, baby's probably 6lbs and some change now (she prefers this method b/c growth scans can be off by as much as a few pounds). So, she doesn't think it will be an extremely big baby based on its size right now, but of course that all depends on how long it stays in there... Baby's doing well and growing quite well, so i'm thankful for that!

Thank you guys for the prayers!
[/quote]
Sounds great! I know the ultrasound weight estimates can be off as you get closer. I don't think my midwife ever tried to estimate Charlotte's size based on palpating, though she'd predicted around 7lbs based on Kieran being 6lbs15oz. Yeah, she was 8lbs 11oz, but it really wasn't a problem.

MissScripture

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' timestamp='1319060981' post='2323908']
13. Today's appt: based on feeling around with her hands, baby's probably 6lbs and some change now (she prefers this method b/c growth scans can be off by as much as a few pounds). So, she doesn't think it will be an extremely big baby based on its size right now, but of course that all depends on how long it stays in there... Baby's doing well and growing quite well, so i'm thankful for that!

Thank you guys for the prayers!
[/quote]
And baby is being a good baby and staying head down?
One of my friends was told she was going to have a 5 lb baby and he ended up being 8+ lbs!

11. tonight's the anniversary of beginning to miscarry Vincent Gianna (passed the baby early the next morning, one year ago tomorrow).

I just discovered in a very roundabout manner that FQI has not yet had her baby.

If I told you how I know that, I'd have to kill you. :|

MissScripture

FQI isn't as addicted to PM as some of us :ninja: so, if I don't hear from her on here, I just assume she's actually being productive with her time, unlike me. :paperbag:

no, it's not that i'm being more productive - the computer's in the basement, so coming all the way down here while 8 1/2 months pregnant requires incentive...

7. 11 healthy rainbow babies have been born to that group I'd mentioned, all glory to God.

MissScripture

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' timestamp='1319560388' post='2326870']
no, it's not that i'm being more productive - the computer's in the basement, so coming all the way down here while 8 1/2 months pregnant requires incentive...

7. 11 healthy rainbow babies have been born to that group I'd mentioned, all glory to God.
[/quote]
LOL! Sometimes I wish we didn't have a laptop, because it's too easy to use all the time. But I'm pretty sure I used up all my energy yesterday for today, so I don't feel so bad about sitting here right now. I am eagerly awaiting hearing back on my blood test results to find out if I'm anemic.

Yay about the other rainbow babies! Can't wait to see your baby. :proud: Are you all ready?

Hope all is well with the blood test results! Are we ready? Yes and no - guess that's what the waiting game is all about...