An Old School Catholic Message Board

Our Rainbow Baby Countdown Thread

fides quarens intellectum

1. no signs of baby coming in the next 5 hours, so it looks like we'll be having a 11/__/11 baby!!! woohoo!!

-1. :bounce:

probability of delivering by today: 46.6% (spontaneous labor, not counting inductions)

CoffeeCatholic

YAY!!! Congrats Fides!!! I'm so excited for you guys! November 4th would be amesome- Share birthday parties with Charlotte and all, plus St. Charles is rockin! We'll be praying for you no matter what. :)

Edited by CoffeeCatholic

I can tell you how I make eggplant parm. I just typed this up off the top of my head so its a bit rough.
First slice eggplant into rounds (appx 1/2" but it doesn't have to be exact). You'll need about 2 med sized ones
2. Place rounds on paper towels and lightly sprinkle with salt. Cover with more paper towels. I put some weight on top of them to help. Typically a cookie sheet or cutting board with a few cans on top. Let them sit for at least 20 mins an hour would be better This gets rid of the excess moisture.
3 Dredge rounds in flour, then an egg wash (egg beaten with water), then finally in Italian breadcrumbs
4 Fry the breaded rounds in canola oil. Don't worry about cooking them all the way through you are just going for a nice golden brown crust.
5 Spread a layer of tomato sauce (your fav canned brand is good) on the bottom of a 9X13 pan. Place the fried eggplant, then more sauce then more eggplant until the pan is full or you have used up all the eggplant. Top it off with more sauce and finally coagulated milk.
6 Bake at 350/375 until the it is bubbly and the coagulated milk has melted and is slightly browned.

Serve with a salad and/or fresh bread.

Hope that helps. It is really easy to make and super yummy!

Great Day to be born!

http://www.americancatholic.org/features/saints/saint.aspx?id=1188

In 1962, Pope John XXIII remarked at the canonization of Martin: "He excused the faults of others. He forgave the bitterest injuries, convinced that he deserved much severer punishments on account of his own sins. He tried with all his might to redeem the guilty; lovingly he comforted the sick; he provided food, clothing and medicine for the poor; he helped, as best he could, farm laborers and Negroes, as well as mulattoes, who were looked upon at that time as akin to slaves: thus he deserved to be called by the name the people gave him: 'Martin of Charity.'"

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' timestamp='1320432761' post='2331327']
-3. Baby's baptism is 1 month from today!
[/quote]

God willing, you won't still be pregnant. ;)