An Old School Catholic Message Board

Our Rainbow Baby Countdown Thread

fides quarens intellectum

thanks, but i just don't know what we'll need. my mom sent a pack of 12 for 0-3, but then the sleepers have feet built in. how are we supposed to figure out ahead of time just what a baby's going to need and not need? :idontknow:

19. we're now in the teens - yikes! :shock:

Oh, and apparently, this week is Babyloss Awareness Week, a UK campaign - the week ends October 15th at 7pm when the organizers are asking people to light a candle in memory of a lost baby.

Prayers for the souls of all the lost babies, and for their grieving parents... :pray:

MissScripture

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' timestamp='1318521107' post='2320639']
thanks, but i just don't know what we'll need. my mom sent a pack of 12 for 0-3, but then the sleepers have feet built in. how are we supposed to figure out ahead of time just what a baby's going to need and not need? :idontknow:

19. we're now in the teens - yikes! :shock:
[/quote]
I took inventory last night, and we have ELEVEN 3-6 month sleepers. Peanut will be wearing alot of sleepers from 3-6 months! :hehe2:
Are you going to start counting back up when you go past your due date?

MissScripture

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' timestamp='1311694930' post='2276214']
lol.

98. chance for survival outside the womb is now 80-90%, all glory to God.
[/quote]
I am 98 days away, now! :dance: That sounds scary close! :covereyes: Where did you get the chance for survival info?

Archaeology cat

How exciting!

BTW, I also see the birth plan as mostly being an exercise in knowing your options and making your wishes known. It's not like you can predict what will happen and when. I'd planned to birth in water with Kieran, but ended up not wanting in the pool. I'd planned to labour under the shower with Charlotte, but ended up sitting on the birthing ball and chatting online until the midwife arrived. :lol:

i miss the :bump: emoticon...

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1318543388' post='2320804']
Are you going to start counting back up when you go past your due date?
[/quote]
Silly you! Don't you know that ALL babies these days come before the EDD?

j/k ;)

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1318615018' post='2321236']
I am 98 days away, now! :dance: That sounds scary close! :covereyes: Where did you get the chance for survival info?
[/quote]

[url="http://www.spensershope.org/chances_for_survival.htm"]http://www.spensersh..._survival.htm [/url] Happy double-digits!!! WOOHOO!!

[quote name='Archaeology cat' timestamp='1318616953' post='2321259']
How exciting!

BTW, I also see the birth plan as mostly being an exercise in knowing your options and making your wishes known. It's not like you can predict what will happen and when. I'd planned to birth in water with Kieran, but ended up not wanting in the pool. I'd planned to labour under the shower with Charlotte, but ended up sitting on the birthing ball and chatting online until the midwife arrived. :lol:
[/quote]

That's funny. Who knows what a woman is going to feel like until the time comes... Did you deliver at home, then, or was the midwife just coming to see when you should transfer to the hospital with Charlotte? Just curious.

15. we're now on the upward climb of the slope

[img]http://uploads.neatorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/gestation-500x335.png[/img]

Archaeology cat

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' timestamp='1318866683' post='2322689']
i miss the :bump: emoticon...

Silly you! Don't you know that ALL babies these days come before the EDD?

j/k ;)

[url="http://www.spensershope.org/chances_for_survival.htm"]http://www.spensersh..._survival.htm [/url] Happy double-digits!!! WOOHOO!!

That's funny. Who knows what a woman is going to feel like until the time comes... Did you deliver at home, then, or was the midwife just coming to see when you should transfer to the hospital with Charlotte? Just curious.
[/quote]
Charlotte was a planned home birth. The midwives arrived just before transition, which lasted all of 2 contractions before pushing. I think they arrived maybe an hour before Charlotte was born (whole labour was only 4 hours, though)

13. Today's appt: based on feeling around with her hands, baby's probably 6lbs and some change now (she prefers this method b/c growth scans can be off by as much as a few pounds). So, she doesn't think it will be an extremely big baby based on its size right now, but of course that all depends on how long it stays in there... Baby's doing well and growing quite well, so i'm thankful for that!

Thank you guys for the prayers!

Six pounds will feel plenty big on the way out. ;)

Praying for you! Can't wait for you to hold your healthy little one. God is good!