Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

1980's Had The Best Music Ever


Recommended Posts

dominicansoul
Posted

[quote name='ContemporaryCaflicCrusader' timestamp='1328798571' post='2384196']
Beiber is awful. Not that I could recognize one of his songs if they came on out of my computer this second. My profile pic is the album cover of Since October's first album This is my Heart. If we start talking about the music I like we'd have to start the thread Christian Metalcore V. 83647.5. So I'll spare you that. 80s tunes are typically catchy songs that really don't display very much talent. Dancing isn't a talent I'm interested in (Micheal Jackson) because music is for the ears not for the eyes. Micheal Jackson also had oh, fetishes that make it so I wouldn't want to give him my money God rest his soul. U2 technically came out with there 1st album in 79 making them not an 80s band. Bruce Springsteen is a communist so there another person that's not getting my money no matter how good he is (And he's not that good. He did well with Santa Claus is Coming to town though I will give him that). I've already mentioned I give props to Weird Al and actually Metalica is hard to knock in any way.
[/quote]


you are leaving out countless genres.... the 80's music scene wasn't only michael jackson and pop....and U2 did come out with some of their best albums ever in the 80s, so of course that would be considered "80's music." Just cos a band was born in the 70's doesn't mean they didn't attribute anything to 80's music......sheesh :rolleyes:

dominicansoul
Posted

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iafnAiYDpXM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iafnAiYDpXM[/url]


april wine, a band formed in teh 60's (yeah i know, ooold)

and from canada...


does that mean they didn't contribute anything to 80's music? I don't think so....

Posted

U2's first album* was Boy, released in 1980, which is technically not the 70's.

* An [u]album[/u] is a collection of recordings, released as a single package.

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader
Posted

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1328808558' post='2384246']
U2's first album* was Boy, released in 1980, which is technically not the 70's.

* An [u]album[/u] is a collection of recordings, released as a single package.
[/quote]

1980 is actually part of the 70s and they did come out with an EP in 79. Yes U2 came out with some stuff that was good in the 80s. Nothing I listen too but they are talented musicians who don't seem to bring society down. I'm just saying if we are going to compare 80s music to the likes of the music in say the 70s or the 90s you find a large difference in talent. Although it could be said the he very talented 90s artists were self destructive and bad for society in general.

Posted

[quote name='ContemporaryCaflicCrusader' timestamp='1328810300' post='2384263']
Yes U2 came out with some stuff that was good in the 80s. [/quote]

Yes Alex, i would like "Little Boys, Big Understatements" for $800.

Posted

[quote name='ContemporaryCaflicCrusader' timestamp='1328810300' post='2384263']
1980 is actually part of the 70s and they did come out with an EP in 79. Yes U2 came out with some stuff that was good in the 80s. Nothing I listen too but they are talented musicians who don't seem to bring society down. I'm just saying if we are going to compare 80s music to the likes of the music in say the 70s or the 90s you find a large difference in talent. Although it could be said the he very talented 90s artists were self destructive and bad for society in general.
[/quote]

So what you are saying is, the 1980's had the best music ever.

Posted

that's what I got out of it...

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader
Posted

[quote name='Papist' timestamp='1328810553' post='2384271']
So what you are saying is, the 1980's had the best music ever.
[/quote]
What I'm saying is when you look at the quality and the work of mucisians in the 90s and the 70s vs. the 80s You would notice that the 80s is more about cliche sounds and weird hairstyles whereas in the 70s and 90s the musicians had more to say and did it in a more talented way.

dominicansoul
Posted
:|

New Order? Depeche Mode? Erasure? the Cure? When in Rome?


cliche???


every decade has something new to offer... the 50's had Elvis, the 60's the British Invasion, the 70's Disco, Rock ballad bands like Journey, Boston...


the 80's had new sound, sync pop became huge, the punk of the 70's emerged into the dark sync of the 80's...

the 90s had grunge,

the millenia had the rise of rap...


i would hardly call anything in music "cliche.."
Posted

[quote name='ContemporaryCaflicCrusader' timestamp='1328821338' post='2384411']
What I'm saying is when you look at the quality and the work of mucisians in the 90s and the 70s vs. the 80s You would notice that the 80s is more about cliche sounds and weird hairstyles whereas in the 70s and 90s the musicians had more to say and did it in a more talented way.
[/quote]

And yet still, the 1980's had the best music ever.

dominicansoul
Posted

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmoHQ2DC3zo&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmoHQ2DC3zo&feature=related[/url]

Posted

which is what CCC is saying anyways...

Posted

[quote name='ContemporaryCaflicCrusader' timestamp='1328821338' post='2384411']
What I'm saying is when you look at the quality and the work of mucisians in the 90s and the 70s vs. the 80s You would notice that the 80s is more about cliche sounds and weird hairstyles whereas in the 70s and 90s the musicians had more to say and did it in a more talented way.
[/quote]

Feel free to start a Spice Girls thread. They rules the 90's.

dominicansoul
Posted

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3khTntOxX-k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3khTntOxX-k[/url]

dominicansoul
Posted

CCC, turn this one way up...


[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pfo0Js2DolU&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL2B038FEFCCFB4E24[/media]

dominicansoul
Posted

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2D-7o2IBCI&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2D-7o2IBCI&feature=related[/url]

ContemporaryCaflicCrusader
Posted (edited)

MIkolbe and Papist your manners and debating skills are up there with the crass drunks I deal with at the local haunted bar I work at on a regular basis. ELO has creative talent DS I forgot about them, however they sync. Which means instead of playing in a band they press buttons on a computer. That can sound good like Righteous B, ELO, and more, but you will still find me listening to talented musicians like Underoath, Since October, Demon Hunter, Emery, RED, Kutless, Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch, PIllar, Showbread, Dead Poetic, Falling Up, Day of Fire, Relint K, Hawk Nelson, Haste the Day, August Burns Red, Disciple, ApologetiX, The Letter Black, Sent by Ravens, Project 86, P.O.D. and more. I said to you guys though that I wouldn't turn this into the gajillioneth Christian Metalcore thread. This isn't a personal attack. I'm simply discussing why I believe the 80s was a talent gulch in the American music intdustry.

Edited by ContemporaryCaflicCrusader
Posted

so what you're saying is the 80's had the best music ever.

gotcha.

Posted (edited)

That's what I read.

Edited by Papist

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...