Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

1980's Had The Best Music Ever


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

nm

Edited by Maximilianus
Posted (edited)

nm 2.0

Edited by Maximilianus
Posted

[quote name='ContemporaryCaflicCrusader' timestamp='1328899930' post='2384986']
MIkolbe and Papist your manners and debating skills are up there with the crass drunks I deal with at the local haunted bar I work at on a regular basis. ELO has creative talent DS I forgot about them, however they sync. Which means instead of playing in a band they press buttons on a computer. That can sound good like Righteous B, ELO, and more, but you will still find me listening to talented musicians like Underoath, Since October, Demon Hunter, Emery, RED, Kutless, Skillet, Thousand Foot Krutch, PIllar, Showbread, Dead Poetic, Falling Up, Day of Fire, Relint K, Hawk Nelson, Haste the Day, August Burns Red, Disciple, ApologetiX, The Letter Black, Sent by Ravens, Project 86, P.O.D. and more. I said to you guys though that I wouldn't turn this into the gajillioneth Christian Metalcore thread. This isn't a personal attack. I'm simply discussing why I believe the 80s was a talent gulch in the American music intdustry.
[/quote]

But seriously, chill out dude. There's a dedicated debate phorum. This is the lame board and seriousness doesn't go far here.

dominicansoul
Posted

well, papist...his posts are lame... :P

Posted

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0FBi5Rv1ho"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0FBi5Rv1ho[/url]

Posted

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXArBZItqGc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXArBZItqGc[/url]

Posted

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJhf4zK_RKA&ob=av2e"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJhf4zK_RKA&ob=av2e[/url]

Posted

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrkEDe6Ljqs&ob=av2n"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrkEDe6Ljqs&ob=av2n[/url]

dominicansoul
Posted

i looooooooooooooooooooooooooooove Peter Gabriel!!!!!!!

Posted

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1328903112' post='2385045']
well, papist...his posts are lame... :P
[/quote]

Good point.

ps - the 1980's had the best music ever!

Posted (edited)

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1328802157' post='2384225']
you are leaving out countless genres.... the 80's music scene wasn't only michael jackson and pop....
[/quote]

You know we've mostly posted top 40 radio songs, we haven't really gotten into the new wave/alternative stuff, heavy metal or Hip Hop that didn't make mainstream radio play or were on B sides

Edited by Maximilianus
Posted

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf2qYa8c-cA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sf2qYa8c-cA[/url]

Posted (edited)

Original version

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXfc7VMyj94"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXfc7VMyj94[/url]

Edited by Maximilianus
Posted

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3kgjzUsDeg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3kgjzUsDeg[/url]

Posted

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXVFNs0piP8&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXVFNs0piP8&feature=related[/url]

Posted

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KadUsfUKSs8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KadUsfUKSs8[/url]

Posted

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DphkDgAMKqY&feature=fvwrel"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DphkDgAMKqY&feature=fvwrel[/url]

Posted

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVDfyc2lh4Q&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVDfyc2lh4Q&feature=related[/url]

Posted

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lDCYjb8RHk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lDCYjb8RHk[/url]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...