An Old School Catholic Message Board

How To Have Family Refer To Religious

MissScripture

If I where in this situation, I would go with Sister [i]name[/i]. I'd would want to keep it un-secular as possible. You got a while b/c your child is going to bastardize whatever you choose for the first couple of years.

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1311826297' post='2277363']
My sister's name is now Sr. Anne Therese. :dance: :dance2: :dance3:
[/quote]

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! Congratulations to her and to your whole family!!!

Wouldn't that have been funny if that had been the girls' name you had chosen for your baby? :lol:

MissScripture

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1311854801' post='2277450']

:woot: Beeeeaaautiful. Was this one of the names she had submitted?
[/quote]
I'm not 100% sure. My parents said the last time she wrote to them, she gave the three names she was thinking about and one was Therese, so they don't know if she added the Anne or if that was added by Mother. Regardless, YAY! :dance: And Anne was a name my parents considered naming my sister before she was born, which I think is kind of funny. :hehe2:

LaPetiteSoeur

That's going to be strange to get used to! :smile3:
[/quote]
THAT"S amesome!! :nun2:

HopefulBride

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1311859475' post='2277468']
And Anne was a name my parents considered naming my sister before she was born, which I think is kind of funny. :hehe2:
[/quote]

Serendipitous is what it is. This is just so amesome. :sigh: I can just imagine how radiant she was to put on the habit and learn of her new name.

MissScripture

And today, the novices have first vows, and my sister's class gets to go out for their first time in their habits to go to first vows for their big sisters. :proud: I bet there is a lot of excitement in Nashville, right now! :dance:

TeresaBenedicta

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1311875012' post='2277596']
And today, the novices have first vows, and my sister's class gets to go out for their first time in their habits to go to first vows for their big sisters. :proud: I bet there is a lot of excitement in Nashville, right now! :dance:
[/quote]

Awww, I'm excited just hearing about it!!!!! SO COOL!!!!!

IgnatiusofLoyola

[/quote]

I'm SO excited for your Sister sister. Are novices allowed to squeal? If so, I bet there is a lot of that going on in the excitement.

Just for the record, how many new novices were there!

MarisStella

[/quote]

That's so beautiful!!! I'm so happy for her and all of the postulants, now novices! :D What a beautiful name. I think that was the name of a nun who died this year..? That makes it even more special!

Edited by MarisStella

MarisStella

[/quote]

Aw, that's so amesome. :) I can hardly imagine how crazy and exciting it is for them to go out in their habits for the first time! Wow! Considering how excited [i]I am[/i] for all of them,[i] [/i]I'm gonna say they're pretty dang excited!!

LaPetiteSoeur

It's so exciting! And the name is beautiful! I like that it's Anne with an "e"

MessorCarus

[/quote]

:clapping: That IS beautiful!!!!! Yay!!!!!! :)

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1311479340' post='2274684']
For priests and brothers, I've always heard "Uncle". The new priest at our parish is Fr. Ed, and he told us recently his young niece likes to call him Uncle Fred. :hehe:
[/quote]

:hehe:

Catherine Therese

Wonderful news, Miss Scripture!! SME emailed all of us who are entering the list of new names as soon as the new novices had a chance to tell all of their family what their new names were. :-) I thought of you as I read her name on the list.

I wonder if she ever got to meet and get to know the elderly Sr Anne Therese who passed away on New Years Day?? (I was there on my visit at the time.) I'm sure your sister had her own reasons and devotions that led to her name but perhaps Sister made an impression, too?

Anyway, its exciting news, thanks be to God!

Little Flower

my uncle was an MC priest. we (my bros and sis) called him Uncle Joe. my mom and dad called him Joe. it didnt detract from his priesthood, he was our uncle, not some random priest dude, so we called him uncle!

and i want my neices and nephews to call me aunt marie, not sister whatever my name winds up being ;)