missionseeker Posted September 13, 2011 Posted September 13, 2011 I am about to go talk bills with roomie. Prayers, por favor.
IcePrincessKRS Posted September 14, 2011 Posted September 14, 2011 The title of this thread always makes me think of BeDazzlers. [url="https://www.asseenontv.com/bedazzler/detail.php?p=296300"]https://www.asseenon...il.php?p=296300[/url]
missionseeker Posted September 14, 2011 Posted September 14, 2011 DONE!!!! Not as bad as I thought it would be.
missionseeker Posted September 18, 2011 Posted September 18, 2011 (edited) LOL.... love it... "north America" "South part of North America" "and just a little more south of that" [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fhb89V43KWc&NR=1[/media] I missed the first example. Edited September 18, 2011 by missionseeker
missionseeker Posted September 18, 2011 Posted September 18, 2011 no bueno! I'm shorter than this sister! And that is not the tallest brother! [img]http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/320861_10150379657301341_652431340_10386771_57855338_n.jpg[/img]
MissyP89 Posted September 18, 2011 Author Posted September 18, 2011 E got baptized? SO CUTE! And is that Dominic?! Holy what, they DID grow up.
missionseeker Posted September 18, 2011 Posted September 18, 2011 E got Baptized in like April. It's just her saint. so they took a pic.
MissyP89 Posted September 18, 2011 Author Posted September 18, 2011 Cat, something is really bothering me. Victoria's Ave... You know when it goes "vennntris tui" in the alto line? (I don't know what the notes are because I don't have the score. Sorry.) Some choirs go down a whole step in "ven-tris," and others go down a half ... and when they go down a whole step it sounds weird/wrong. Is it wrong?
missionseeker Posted September 18, 2011 Posted September 18, 2011 It could be. I don't have the music in front of me, but there are places in ancient manuscripts where there are descrepancies. That very well may be one. Or a typo. I never memorized the alto line so I'm not sure. Odds are if it sounds weird, it should be a half step. There's actually a technical term for turning renaissance notes written as a whole to half. I forgot it though. Cuz I am tired. lol.
MissyP89 Posted September 18, 2011 Author Posted September 18, 2011 When I learned the alto line, I learned it as a half step. And then I hear it on some recordings and it's a half, others a whole... At Chaput's installation, it was definitely a whole and I got all twisted over it. LOL.
missionseeker Posted September 18, 2011 Posted September 18, 2011 I was def not impressed by music at his installation. lol
MIKolbe Posted September 18, 2011 Posted September 18, 2011 [quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1316387898' post='2306478'] There's actually a technical term for turning renaissance notes written as a whole to half. I forgot it though. Cuz I am tired. lol. [/quote] It's called "fakin' da funk"
MissyP89 Posted September 18, 2011 Author Posted September 18, 2011 This is the part where you spaz over the cantor again, right? Love you.
MargaretTeresa Posted September 19, 2011 Posted September 19, 2011 yOU KNow what's badazz? This: [img]http://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/animated%20emoticons/Dancing%20Animated%20Emoticons/happy%20dance%20penguin.gif[/img]
missionseeker Posted September 19, 2011 Posted September 19, 2011 [quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1316390194' post='2306496'] It's called "fakin' da funk" [/quote] I laugh because I remembered the term at work. "musica Ficta" Which is basically the Latin way of saying "fakin' da funk" [i][b]Musica ficta[/b][/i] (from Latin, 'false', 'feigned', or 'contrived' music) was a term used in European music theory from the late 12th century to about 1600 to describe any pitches, whether notated or to be added by performers in accordance with their training, that lie outside the system of [i]musica recta[/i] or [i]musica vera[/i] ('correct' or 'true' music) as defined by the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guidonian_hand#Hexachord_in_Middle_Ages"]hexachord system[/url] of [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guido_of_Arezzo"]Guido of Arezzo[/url]. In modern usage, the term is often loosely applied to all unnotated inflections (whether properly [i]recta[/i] or [i]ficta[/i]) that must be inferred from the musical context and added either by an editor or by the performers themselves (Bent and Silbiger 2001). One common (though not exclusive) use of [i]ficta[/i] was to avoid harsh [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmony"]harmonic[/url] or [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melody"]melodic[/url] intervals such as the [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritone"]tritone[/url], for example the use of a E♭ instead of a E♮ to avoid dissonance with a B♭ in another part. In modern transcriptions of [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_music"]medieval[/url] and [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_music"]Renaissance music[/url], [i]ficta[/i] are usually indicated by an [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Accidental_(music)"]"accidental" sign[/url] appearing above the note. (In modern notation, accidentals are written before the note, not above.) Editors provide these [i]ficta[/i] for modern singers, whereas the kind of training given to singers of that time may have made such indications unnecessary.
missionseeker Posted September 19, 2011 Posted September 19, 2011 today a guy was giving me a hard time at work. I knocked him to the ground. He didn't mess with me anymore.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now