missionseeker Posted September 12, 2011 Posted September 12, 2011 lol... i've never played a video game in my life but if the music sounds like that, it might explain part of the reason ppl find them so addicting. (I'm talking on psych level here, not a sacred music one)
missionseeker Posted September 12, 2011 Posted September 12, 2011 it's on. my computer is really... like.. dying. It barely turns on.
missionseeker Posted September 12, 2011 Posted September 12, 2011 nah, that's pretty lameaz and cheapaz if you ask me.
missionseeker Posted September 12, 2011 Posted September 12, 2011 LOOK AT ALL THOSE ORGANS! [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lik0hbDKIs[/media]
brianthephysicist Posted September 12, 2011 Posted September 12, 2011 [quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1315805912' post='2303674'] Brian wants to know why it sounds like the music from Halo. I'm sorry, Catherine. He really is wonderful. I'll teach him, I promise! [/quote] Terribly sorry in advance for my complete lack of musical knowledge. I don't know which song she played to me through skype but it sounded similar to what I remember from the halo menu screens. Hopefully I can place this link properly: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9funHEj2nA&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9funHEj2nA&feature=related[/url] The part that sounds similar only lasts for the first 30-ish seconds, but I don't really spend all that much time in the menus so that's pretty much the only part that I hear.
MissyP89 Posted September 12, 2011 Author Posted September 12, 2011 B, next time, just put the link there and it'll magically turn into a video. And that is badaz.
missionseeker Posted September 13, 2011 Posted September 13, 2011 Video game and movie composers are the most skilled composers. True story.
MissyP89 Posted September 13, 2011 Author Posted September 13, 2011 Nobuo Uematsu. Koji Kondo. John Williams.
MissyP89 Posted September 13, 2011 Author Posted September 13, 2011 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a0POVkbZLA Groovy. But then there's this. I cried during the actual game. Cried. Real tears. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1JgIg38QBU
MissyP89 Posted September 13, 2011 Author Posted September 13, 2011 This series, Kingdom Hearts, is a mashup of Final Fantasy (above) and Disney. The theme song is Utada Hikaru's "Simple and Clean" (Hikari) turned orchestral. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS8XivaNlxs
MissyP89 Posted September 13, 2011 Author Posted September 13, 2011 And this is the theme for the sequel. It's called "Sanctuary" (also a Utada Hikaru song turned orchestral): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib3O0zCPi68&feature=related
MissyP89 Posted September 13, 2011 Author Posted September 13, 2011 Koji Kondo is also the composer for Pokemon, I think, but his big ones are Mario and Zelda ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1vXYPtn03c&feature=related
MissyP89 Posted September 13, 2011 Author Posted September 13, 2011 (edited) This is the original song they did the orchestral remake off of. There's also a Japanese version. Utada Hikaru is like the Beyonce of the Japanese pop scene. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZleBengRYvI[/media] Edited September 13, 2011 by MissyP89
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now