Lil Red Posted December 29, 2011 Author Posted December 29, 2011 [quote name='Tantum Ergo' timestamp='1325049673' post='2358461'] Ooo can I have a saint? Gretchen, college student graduating in May, getting married in June. My biggest concern is working everything out financially. [/quote] St. Louis IX
Lil Red Posted December 29, 2011 Author Posted December 29, 2011 [quote name='morostheos' timestamp='1325136755' post='2359161'] Oooh, can you pick one for me, Red? Somehow I missed this post back in November. I'm currently discerning marriage (aka lookin' for a man!) and trying to get a little more settled in my life. [/quote] you received two! St. Charles Borromeo and [url="http://saints.sqpn.com/blessed-mary-of-jesus-crucified/"]Bl. Mary of Jesus Crucified[/url].
AuthorOfMyLife Posted November 14, 2013 Posted November 14, 2013 Hello, Lil' Red! Thank you for offering this. It's an unfamiliar tradition for me! I confess I'm a little nervous to ask for a patron, since I have special patrons already (St. John Bosco, St. Teresa of Avila, St. Bernadette--and, of course, my Confirmation saint--the Blessed Mother)--and I don't want to neglect them! However, I understand this is an invitation to form a relationship with a particular saint--and I think that's beautiful. So...I could really use some help in the coming year. I'm turning 26 this year and want to pursue religious life, but I can't do that unless my health improves, and my health won't improve unless I become courageous enough to try new treatments (I'm so afraid to try new things that might help--but might also hurt). I want so much for this new year to be the one in which my health issues stop holding me back, but the fact is I'm probably holding myself back by not being proactive enough! Also, special intentions for my mother and my sister to heal (physically and emotionally) are intensely in my prayers right now. Thank you again and God bless you! I will keep you in my prayers.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now