An Old School Catholic Message Board

Patron Saints 2012

Lil Red

[quote name='MessorCarus' timestamp='1321246025' post='2336043']
Can I have one Lil Red? :bounce:

I think you kinda know me but if not: 24, discerning and working to pay off loans. .
[/quote]
You've received St. Julia of Billiart :) http://saints.sqpn.com/saintj69.htm

Thanks again for your draws, Red/ :blowkiss: For the curious, she's drawn St. Margaret Alacoque for me. :like:

I wonder, though: under what circumstances does the Holy Spirit choose [i]two [/i]patrons? Do you grab two papers together, or do you draw one and feel led to take a second as well?

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1321247335' post='2336051']Thanks again for your draws, Red/ :blowkiss: For the curious, she's drawn St. Margaret Alacoque for me. :like:

I wonder, though: under what circumstances does the Holy Spirit choose [i]two [/i]patrons? Do you grab two papers together, or do you draw one and feel led to take a second as well?[/quote]
each saint's name is on a slip of paper, that is put in a bowl to draw from. I fold each in half then half again. When two are drawn, it is not because I have chosen two...example: I picked one and the other was curled around my finger. Another example, I picked one and when I opened my eyes, another had attached itself to my sleeve.

Hi Lil Red:

Can you draw one for me too? Should I even *try* to describe where I'm at (I just came back from a retreat that left me spinning)? Suffice to say I am discerning.

Thanks!

Edited by cmariadiaz

let_go_let_God

Red, I think this is one of your more epic draws.

I had already been thinking about St. Joseph for a while and didn't know why. I know why now. You are amazing.

God bless-
LGLG

Edited by let_go_let_God

LadyOfSorrows

Oooh...me too? Last year was wonderful! I can't believe it's that time again. :) This year is going to be an interesting year so I'm excited to see...

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321239060' post='2335955']
haha, i know!

do you mind saying why? you can pm me if you feel more comfortable.
[/quote]

Carmel. :) Not like I am having a virgin birth. xD hhahah

[quote name='cmariadiaz' timestamp='1321247875' post='2336056']
Hi Lil Red:

Can you draw one for me too? Should I even *try* to describe where I'm at (I just came back from a retreat that left me spinning)? Suffice to say I am discerning.

Thanks!
[/quote]
St. James the Greater :)

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1321288862' post='2336164']
Um, did I just miss seeing it, or have you not drawn one for me yet?
[/quote]
i did :blush: sorry! i thought i had messaged you on facebook. i guess i hadn't! :blush: you received St. Joseph Cafasso.

[quote name='LadyOfSorrows' timestamp='1321289029' post='2336167']
Oooh...me too? Last year was wonderful! I can't believe it's that time again. :) This year is going to be an interesting year so I'm excited to see...
[/quote]
you received Bl. Kuriakose Elias Chavara: http://saints.sqpn.com/blessed-kuriakose-elias-chavara/

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1321291069' post='2336184']
Did you get one yet Lil Red? :)
[/quote]
yes, i had a friend draw for me. I received St. Bartholomew :) My daughter received St. Martin of Tours, my son received St. Monica, and my husband received St. Edmund Campion.