Kathgirl Posted November 15, 2011 Posted November 15, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321310308' post='2336304'] St. John the Baptist [/quote] That's so great! TY, Lil Red
das8949 Posted November 15, 2011 Posted November 15, 2011 I cannot believe that I was given Our Lady of Lourdes. I live about 2 hours from Mount Sain Mary's University and are planning on taking Sister M.Barbra S.N.D. next weekend to visit the grotto, It is such a beautiful place and so peaceful. See Below: National Shrine Grotto of Lourdes [img]http://www.msmary.edu/sebin/h/y/Grotto_Biegel_006.jpg[/img] The National Shrine Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes is the oldest known replica of the revered French shrine dating to about 1875 (the original Lourdes apparitions were in 1858). The Grotto has been in use since 1805 when Fr. John Dubois founded it as a place of prayer and devotion. [b] Stone from the Grotto of Lourdes France[/b] [b] <a name="Skip">[/b] [center][img]http://www.msmary.edu/sebin/h/c/stone.jpg[/img][/center] On November 27, 2007, Most Rev. Jacques Perrier, Bishop of Tarbes and Lourdes, France, announced the 150[sup][size="2"]th[/size][/sup] Jubilee Year honoring the anniversary of the apparitions of the Immaculate Conception to St. Bernadette Soubirous. The Bishop came to the United States to share the blessings of Lourdes with all Americans. December 1, 2007, Bishop Perrier visited our Grotto of Lourdes in Emmitsburg and offered Mass in the Chapel of St. Mary on the Hill. Following Communion, the Bishop gave a wonderful talk and presented the Grotto with a gift from Lourdes. This precious gift was a Stone from the Grotto of Lourdes in France, excavated right near the miraculous spring where the Blessed Virgin told St. Bernadette to dig and receive water. The Bishop said he was giving us this stone to [i]“spiritually connect”[/i] us to the Lourdes Grotto in France and requested that it be placed in our Grotto, thus making us all members of the [i]Lourdes Family.[/i]The Stone has been installed at the Grotto Cave and is there for all of us to see and touch.
cmotherofpirl Posted November 15, 2011 Posted November 15, 2011 Thanks Red for St Jerome, let the battle begin
AnneLine Posted November 15, 2011 Posted November 15, 2011 (edited) [color="#272727"]brandelynmarie[/color], You wrote.... St. Vincent de Paul is the patron saint of organization????He could help me with my cupboards & closets??? I do need some help in this department, lol. He and St. Francis would probably say, don't organize it, give it away!!! Edited November 15, 2011 by AnneLine
let_go_let_God Posted November 15, 2011 Posted November 15, 2011 [quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1321384324' post='2336601'] Thanks Red for St Jerome, let the battle begin [/quote] CMom, based on what you said, I can see St. Joseph asking me what we are building next. God bless- LGLG
MargaretTeresa Posted November 16, 2011 Posted November 16, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321337731' post='2336464'] you received St. Simon [/quote] razzle dazzle! Thanks!
Totus Tuus Posted November 16, 2011 Posted November 16, 2011 If you're still doing it -- Lauren, 24, newlywed, student. Thanks!
OnlySunshine Posted November 16, 2011 Posted November 16, 2011 (edited) Yes, please!!! MaterMisericordiae (real name is C.) Student graduating from junior college next month Discerning with the [url="http://www.rsmofalma.org/"]Religious Sisters of Mercy[/url] Oldest sibling My worries are whether or not I will find a job. I am also hoping to be accepted by the RSMs to enter in August 2012 (if God wills it). Edited November 16, 2011 by MaterMisericordiae
Lil Red Posted November 16, 2011 Author Posted November 16, 2011 [quote name='Totus Tuus' timestamp='1321407178' post='2336718'] If you're still doing it -- Lauren, 24, newlywed, student. Thanks! [/quote] you've received St. Marguerite Bourgeous
Lil Red Posted November 16, 2011 Author Posted November 16, 2011 [quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1321409371' post='2336725']Yes, please!!! MaterMisericordiae (real name is C.) Student graduating from junior college next month Discerning with the [url="http://www.rsmofalma.org/"]Religious Sisters of Mercy[/url] Oldest sibling My worries are whether or not I will find a job. I am also hoping to be accepted by the RSMs to enter in August 2012 (if God wills it).[/quote] you've received Bl. Charles of Austria
OnlySunshine Posted November 16, 2011 Posted November 16, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321415682' post='2336752'] you've received Bl. Charles of Austria [/quote] Wow! Never heard of him! I love learning about new saints! Thanks, Lil Red.
mcts Posted November 16, 2011 Posted November 16, 2011 I'd like one! My real name is Mary. I'm going to be starting a new school program this coming year.
Lil Red Posted November 16, 2011 Author Posted November 16, 2011 [quote name='mcts' timestamp='1321420551' post='2336780'] I'd like one! My real name is Mary. I'm going to be starting a new school program this coming year. [/quote] St. Bernard of Clairveaux
OnlySunshine Posted November 16, 2011 Posted November 16, 2011 (edited) [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321415682' post='2336752'] you've received Bl. Charles of Austria [/quote] Lil Red, not to be facetious, but could you find a new saint for me? I read about Bl. Charles and I can't really relate to him at all. I hate to ask this of you, but I'd really appreciate it. Thanks! Edited November 16, 2011 by MaterMisericordiae
Lil Red Posted November 16, 2011 Author Posted November 16, 2011 [quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1321424384' post='2336798'] Lil Red, not to be facetious, but could you find a new saint for me? I read about Bl. Charles and I can't really relate to him at all. I hate to ask this of you, but I'd really appreciate it. Thanks![/quote] Nope, sorry. I don't do re-dos. you have a whole year to get to know each other of course you are free to disregard the saint and go to another site and ask them to pick for you.
i<3franciscans Posted November 16, 2011 Posted November 16, 2011 name: (starts with a K...) in high school discerning religious life (the CFRs. <3) second oldest of 12 (eight on earth four in heaven) My worries... the SATs, telling my parents about my vocation, and maintaining my 4.0.
Totus Tuus Posted November 16, 2011 Posted November 16, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321415567' post='2336751'] you've received St. Marguerite Bourgeous [/quote] Off to Google that one! Thanks Red!
OnlySunshine Posted November 16, 2011 Posted November 16, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321454565' post='2336844'] Nope, sorry. I don't do re-dos. you have a whole year to get to know each other of course you are free to disregard the saint and go to another site and ask them to pick for you. [/quote] I understand. I hope you don't take it as an insult or anything because I really appreciate it. I just find that if I cannot relate to the saint, then I have trouble praying to them. I found a saint's name generator online and, after praying a short prayer for guidance from the Holy Spirit, I clicked the button and got a saint: St. Maria Goretti I find her very inspirational. I love that she was 12 and defended her purity against her attacker who wanted to rape her. What a strong little girl. And then to forgive him later on? Wow!
Pumpkin Posted November 17, 2011 Posted November 17, 2011 Is it too late to request a saint? I'm A****, a college sophomore, midway through studies in biology and anthropology. I'm agnostic, but I'd welcome the (possible) prayers of any saint. Thank you so much!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now