An Old School Catholic Message Board

Patron Saints 2012

Lil Red

I have my PM saint, or well he is blessed... but I also did my own "saint draw" last night. I had fifteen different saints and devotions, picked one, and then I put the little piece of paper in an official looking envelope and at 12:00 am Sunday the 27, I will rip open that envelope and have my saint for the year!

Thank you so much lil red for doing this! I really like my, blessed-almost-a-saint-I-think-? Actually, can I just call him a saint for now? :)

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321246306' post='2336045']
You've received St. Julia of Billiart :) [url="http://saints.sqpn.com/saintj69.htm"]http://saints.sqpn.com/saintj69.htm[/url]
[/quote]

Lil Red, my patron and I share a birthday. :|

very razzle dazzle. :proud:

thanks!

[quote name='MessorCarus' timestamp='1321293365' post='2336209']

Lil Red, my patron and I share a birthday. :|

very razzle dazzle. :proud:

thanks!
[/quote]
very neat. :) love it!

Can I have one too Lil Red ? Elise, 21, law student. I'm sure the Holy Spirit knows what I need (or will need) much better than I do, let's see who I'll get.

[quote name='icelisou68' timestamp='1321294650' post='2336219']
Can I have one too Lil Red ? Elise, 21, law student. I'm sure the Holy Spirit knows what I need (or will need) much better than I do, let's see who I'll get.
[/quote]
the Holy Spirit picked for you: Pope St. Pius V :)

MissScripture

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321290417' post='2336175']
St. James the Greater :)

i did :blush: sorry! i thought i had messaged you on facebook. i guess i hadn't! :blush: you received St. Joseph Cafasso.
[/quote]
Thanks. I was just worried I had missed it somewhere, because I've been gone all weekend. His feast is 2 days after my due date. I will be officially freaked out in a "Whoa the Holy Spirit is AMAZING!" kind of way if that is when Peanut arrives!

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321290417' post='2336175']
St. James the Greater :)
[/quote]

Hey I think you'd get a kick out of this Lil Red: there are three ways that James can be translated in spanish ... one is Santiago, and two are more modern. One of the two modern versions is the name of my fairly new spiritual director. How amesome is that!

Interesting that I get one of the sons of thunder as my patron saint. I've got to give this one more thought/prayer. He was also one of the intimate three (Peter/James/John).

Thanks Lil Red :)

(oh an addendum -- gosh St. James was the 1st of the apostles martyred, whose martyrdom is recorded in the Acts of the Apostles!)

Edited by cmariadiaz

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1320992198' post='2334786']

If you would like a saint, message me with your name or if you are comfortable, post here. please tell me a little of yourself (if i don't already know you): student? discerning? oldest/youngest sibling? any worries about the coming year? etc....

[/quote]

Okie dokes. Here we go:

Bee. Senior at university. Convert. restarting discerning whether I am actually called to religious life or no. Worries: mi madre - she is muy crazy - and how she's going to handle me moving out/my Catholicness (she refuses to discuss.) Oldest of three sisters.

Edited by MargaretTeresa

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1321305052' post='2336263']
Thanks. I was just worried I had missed it somewhere, because I've been gone all weekend. His feast is 2 days after my due date. I will be officially freaked out in a "Whoa the Holy Spirit is AMAZING!" kind of way if that is when Peanut arrives!
[/quote]
sorry for the mix-up, you received St. Joseph Cafasso. cmariadiaz received St. James the Greater. :)

MissScripture

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321306514' post='2336274']
sorry for the mix-up, you received St. Joseph Cafasso. cmariadiaz received St. James the Greater. :)
[/quote]
Oh, I got that, I just didn't delete her part from my quote. Sorry. Didn't mean to confuse you. :)

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1321306606' post='2336277']
Oh, I got that, I just didn't delete her part from my quote. Sorry. Didn't mean to confuse you. :)
[/quote]
it happens easily. :|

[quote name='Kathgirl' timestamp='1321309786' post='2336303']Holy Spirit, choose for me please.
Thank you![/quote]
St. John the Baptist

Clare~Therese

Thanks for drawing for my Red.
St. Bernadette! How razzle dazzle!

I thnk it's sort of funny though because this year pretty much all of the Saints/Blesseds that have been stalking me are from France. Lol. Another French person.

Edited to add:
The Lord works in mysterious ways. I just remembered that when I was enrolled in the Brown Scapular this year my priest also blessed me with Lourdes water, and my grandparents have a 2nd class relic of her in their house (and they kept asking me if I wanted it). Some things have happened in my prayer life in that room in their house where that relic is that have [i]really[/i] made me wonder if I [i]do[/i] have a vocation to religious life.

Edited by Clare~Therese