An Old School Catholic Message Board

Patron Saints 2012

Lil Red

Archaeology cat

You know me. Like Groo, I need all the help I can get. ;) I think you know what's going on with me well enough, but feel free to PM. :)

St James was my patron for this year but I was getting tired of being stalked by saints who were either born in Spain or died there so I kinda ignored him :|

she_who_is_not

I've had two 20th century saints. St. Gianna Beretta Molla in 2010-love her!!!!!! Solanus Casey this year. I can't wait to see who I get this year. I love the saints!!!!

[quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1320996799' post='2334796']
I'm in. Alex, 19, student. My biggest worry/fear/etc for the upcoming year is my studies, specifically how to improve and do my best consistently and passionately living my faith outside of the comfortable confines of school.
[/quote]
St. Agatha

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1321001361' post='2334801']
What a lovely idea, yes please!

Faith, almost 32, re-entering Carmel in January.

Thank you
[/quote]
Bl. Maria Theresa Chiramel

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1321013573' post='2334834']
Lil Red I love the idea!

Rachel, 12 years old, student (homeschooling), middle child, discerning but except for ya'll and a few close friends my family and no one else knows.

Thanks so much! :wave:
[/quote]
Bl. Charles de Foucauld :like:

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1321015443' post='2334843']
Lil' Red, I would love one. Lisa, 21, senior in college. Discerning, and Lord willing, will be entering religious life in August. Thank you!
[/quote]
The Holy Spirit picked you two!
Our Lady of Guadelupe and St. Elizabeth of Hungary

[quote name='fides quarens intellectum' timestamp='1321025681' post='2334906']ooooh, YAY!!!!

Yes, please - we'd like another saint for next year. :)

Thanks!![/quote]
the Holy Spirit picked for you Our Lady of Mount Carmel

[quote name='Theresita Nerita' timestamp='1321025831' post='2334907']Yes please.

27, what's on my mind this year is using my literary production to glorify God instead of the other way around, and being completely dependent on Him - help needed!

Thanks![/quote]
you received St. Adelaide of Burgundy

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1321031808' post='2334954']
15, sophomore of the south, hoping to graduate sooner than later, discerning carmel, making my live-in at 3:30-Sunday, school is a kick in the face, family life is hard, and God knows what else. :)
[/quote]
hi, you received Mary, specifically under her title as Mother of God.

[quote name='Clare~Therese' timestamp='1321032686' post='2334962']This sounds fun!
Sarah, 15. Student. Discerning (Poor Clares maybe?). I'm worried about my speech class next semester, geometry, and driver's ed, and school-related stuff in general. I'd also like to improve my artistic/drawing/sketching skills to glorify God; I'd like to grow in faith and trust in God.[/quote]
you received St. Bernadette Soubirous

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1321034000' post='2334981']Love the idea!

Claire, 13, discerning with the Carmelites, but still looking into other communities to keep my heart open to His Will for me. I want to grow in trust and love for God, and the will to defend Him whenever need presents itself.[/quote]
the Holy Spirit picked for you St. Mary MacKillop

[quote name='let_go_let_God' timestamp='1321041953' post='2335038']Oooh Yes please! My patron for last year has been outstanding! Looking forward to it again this year!

God bless-
LGLG[/quote]
you received St. Joseph the Worker

:)

[quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1321095528' post='2335328']sure sign me up. i need all the help i can get[/quote]
is a King good enough? the Holy Spirit picked for you St. Louis IX

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1321112139' post='2335372']Im in. Thats all Im gonna say because its the Holy Spirit who decides.[/quote]
:) you received St. Irenaeus of Lyons

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1321112944' post='2335379']Would love one please! Phil, 25, grad student.[/quote]
St. Gaetano Errico

Basilisa Marie

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1321112525' post='2335377']
St James was my patron for this year but I was getting tired of being stalked by saints who were either born in Spain or died there so I kinda ignored him :|
[/quote]

You get stalked by saints of a specific flavor too? Mine are usually confessors/martyrs from the first few centuries of Christianity. Perpetua stalked me at my confirmation, and true to form the Holy Spirit picked Macrina the Elder for this year. :)

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321216801' post='2335760']

Bl. Maria Theresa Chiramel
[/quote]

Thank you! I don't know her so will be doing some research, seeings she is going to be looking after me for the year :saint2: