Lil Red Posted November 13, 2011 Author Posted November 13, 2011 [quote name='Amppax' timestamp='1320996799' post='2334796'] I'm in. Alex, 19, student. My biggest worry/fear/etc for the upcoming year is my studies, specifically how to improve and do my best consistently and passionately living my faith outside of the comfortable confines of school. [/quote] St. Agatha[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1321001361' post='2334801'] What a lovely idea, yes please! Faith, almost 32, re-entering Carmel in January. Thank you [/quote] Bl. Maria Theresa Chiramel
Lil Red Posted November 13, 2011 Author Posted November 13, 2011 [quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1321013573' post='2334834'] Lil Red I love the idea! Rachel, 12 years old, student (homeschooling), middle child, discerning but except for ya'll and a few close friends my family and no one else knows. Thanks so much! [/quote] Bl. Charles de Foucauld [quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1321015443' post='2334843'] Lil' Red, I would love one. Lisa, 21, senior in college. Discerning, and Lord willing, will be entering religious life in August. Thank you! [/quote] The Holy Spirit picked you two! Our Lady of Guadelupe and St. Elizabeth of Hungary
Lil Red Posted November 13, 2011 Author Posted November 13, 2011 [quote name='fides quarens intellectum' timestamp='1321025681' post='2334906']ooooh, YAY!!!! Yes, please - we'd like another saint for next year. Thanks!![/quote] the Holy Spirit picked for you Our Lady of Mount Carmel [quote name='Theresita Nerita' timestamp='1321025831' post='2334907']Yes please. 27, what's on my mind this year is using my literary production to glorify God instead of the other way around, and being completely dependent on Him - help needed! Thanks![/quote] you received St. Adelaide of Burgundy[quote name='the171' timestamp='1321031808' post='2334954'] 15, sophomore of the south, hoping to graduate sooner than later, discerning carmel, making my live-in at 3:30-Sunday, school is a kick in the face, family life is hard, and God knows what else. [/quote] hi, you received Mary, specifically under her title as Mother of God.
Lil Red Posted November 13, 2011 Author Posted November 13, 2011 [quote name='Clare~Therese' timestamp='1321032686' post='2334962']This sounds fun! Sarah, 15. Student. Discerning (Poor Clares maybe?). I'm worried about my speech class next semester, geometry, and driver's ed, and school-related stuff in general. I'd also like to improve my artistic/drawing/sketching skills to glorify God; I'd like to grow in faith and trust in God.[/quote] you received St. Bernadette Soubirous [quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1321034000' post='2334981']Love the idea! Claire, 13, discerning with the Carmelites, but still looking into other communities to keep my heart open to His Will for me. I want to grow in trust and love for God, and the will to defend Him whenever need presents itself.[/quote] the Holy Spirit picked for you St. Mary MacKillop [quote name='let_go_let_God' timestamp='1321041953' post='2335038']Oooh Yes please! My patron for last year has been outstanding! Looking forward to it again this year! God bless- LGLG[/quote] you received St. Joseph the Worker
Lil Red Posted November 13, 2011 Author Posted November 13, 2011 [quote name='Groo the Wanderer' timestamp='1321095528' post='2335328']sure sign me up. i need all the help i can get[/quote] is a King good enough? the Holy Spirit picked for you St. Louis IX [quote name='vee8' timestamp='1321112139' post='2335372']Im in. Thats all Im gonna say because its the Holy Spirit who decides.[/quote] you received St. Irenaeus of Lyons [quote name='BG45' timestamp='1321112944' post='2335379']Would love one please! Phil, 25, grad student.[/quote] St. Gaetano Errico
Basilisa Marie Posted November 13, 2011 Posted November 13, 2011 [quote name='vee8' timestamp='1321112525' post='2335377'] St James was my patron for this year but I was getting tired of being stalked by saints who were either born in Spain or died there so I kinda ignored him [/quote] You get stalked by saints of a specific flavor too? Mine are usually confessors/martyrs from the first few centuries of Christianity. Perpetua stalked me at my confirmation, and true to form the Holy Spirit picked Macrina the Elder for this year.
faithcecelia Posted November 13, 2011 Posted November 13, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321216801' post='2335760'] Bl. Maria Theresa Chiramel [/quote] Thank you! I don't know her so will be doing some research, seeings she is going to be looking after me for the year
BG45 Posted November 13, 2011 Posted November 13, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321217371' post='2335766'] St. Gaetano Errico [/quote] Thanks. I actually had to Google him.
das8949 Posted November 13, 2011 Posted November 13, 2011 Yes, I would love one! Darlene, 62, only child, adopted, collect feathersas signsfrom God, emotionally driven
FutureCarmeliteClaire Posted November 13, 2011 Posted November 13, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321217282' post='2335765'] the Holy Spirit picked for you St. Mary MacKillop [/quote] razzle dazzle, thanks! I am reading about her now! I love this idea!
Lil Red Posted November 13, 2011 Author Posted November 13, 2011 [quote name='BG45' timestamp='1321218805' post='2335775'] Thanks. I actually had to Google him. [/quote] i have a book about him...called [u]My Cousin the Saint[/u] by Justin Catanoso
Lil Red Posted November 13, 2011 Author Posted November 13, 2011 [quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1321220603' post='2335791'] Is it too late for me to join in? [/quote] it's never too late.
brandelynmarie Posted November 13, 2011 Posted November 13, 2011 I am discerning religious life, specifically cloistered Dominican. I need help in overcoming any & all obstacles within this next year. Thanks lil Red.
Lil Red Posted November 13, 2011 Author Posted November 13, 2011 [quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1321220757' post='2335794'] I am discerning religious life, specifically cloistered Dominican. I need help in overcoming any & all obstacles within this next year. Thanks lil Red. [/quote] you've received Bl. Maria Gabriella Sagheddu
Lil Red Posted November 13, 2011 Author Posted November 13, 2011 [quote name='DarleneSteinemann' timestamp='1321218959' post='2335778'] Yes, I would love one! Darlene, 62, only child, adopted, collect feathersas signsfrom God, emotionally driven [/quote] The Holy Spirit picked Our Lady of Lourdes for you.
BG45 Posted November 13, 2011 Posted November 13, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321220425' post='2335790'] i have a book about him...called [u]My Cousin the Saint[/u] by Justin Catanoso [/quote] I think I just fell in love with the book title alone.
Lil Red Posted November 13, 2011 Author Posted November 13, 2011 [quote name='BG45' timestamp='1321225191' post='2335832'] I think I just fell in love with the book title alone. [/quote] it's an interesting book...about a guy who finds out he has a 'blessed' for a distant cousin, so in a way, it's about his journey and about the saint as well. there are definitely things I disagree w/the author about (takes some slams against the Catholic Church...not out of malice, I don't think, but out of ignorance), and sometimes the book can meander (needed a good editor, imo).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now