Seven77 Posted November 13, 2011 Posted November 13, 2011 if you're still drawing i'd like one too--a saint not a drawing, although those are probably good too
BigJon16 Posted November 13, 2011 Posted November 13, 2011 This is amesome!! Jonathan, 16, discerning Priesthood. My biggest struggles: living my faith at [i]all[/i] times and having patience.
BG45 Posted November 14, 2011 Posted November 14, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321225411' post='2335834'] it's an interesting book...about a guy who finds out he has a 'blessed' for a distant cousin, so in a way, it's about his journey and about the saint as well. there are definitely things I disagree w/the author about (takes some slams against the Catholic Church...not out of malice, I don't think, but out of ignorance), and sometimes the book can meander (needed a good editor, imo). [/quote] Hmm..interesting sounding. Sad that he takes some slams due to ignorance though, and the meandering would annoy me. x.x
brandelynmarie Posted November 14, 2011 Posted November 14, 2011 (edited) [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321224970' post='2335828'] you've received Bl. Maria Gabriella Sagheddu [/quote] Thank you Holy Spirit! Thank you Bl. Maria Gabriella! Thank you lil Red! I had noooo idea you did this. Wow. oh my goodness (don't blasphemy), you have nooooo idea how appropriate she is for me!!!!!!!!!!! DEO GRATIAS! Edited November 14, 2011 by brandelynmarie
brandelynmarie Posted November 14, 2011 Posted November 14, 2011 [quote name='Seven77' timestamp='1321225706' post='2335835'] if you're still drawing i'd like one too--a saint not a drawing, although those are probably good too [/quote] If you wanted a [i]drawing of a saint [/i]arfink could hook you up.
Lil Red Posted November 14, 2011 Author Posted November 14, 2011 [quote name='Seven77' timestamp='1321225706' post='2335835'] if you're still drawing i'd like one too--a saint not a drawing, although those are probably good too [/quote] St. Faustina [quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1321230915' post='2335856']Thank you Holy Spirit! Thank you Bl. Maria Gabriella! Thank you lil Red! I had noooo idea you did this. Wow. oh my goodness (don't blasphemy), you have nooooo idea how appropriate she is for me!!!!!!!!!!! DEO GRATIAS![/quote] All Glory to God! I'm glad Bl. Maria is appropriate for you [quote name='BigJon16' timestamp='1321225784' post='2335836'] This is amesome!! Jonathan, 16, discerning Priesthood. My biggest struggles: living my faith at [i]all[/i] times and having patience. [/quote] St. Leonard of Noblac [quote name='BG45' timestamp='1321229183' post='2335845'] Hmm..interesting sounding. Sad that he takes some slams due to ignorance though, and the meandering would annoy me. x.x [/quote] yeah, it does get irritating, but at least about the saint it's good information.
LaPetiteSoeur Posted November 14, 2011 Posted November 14, 2011 Thanks so much, Red! I love mine (they're razzle dazzle!)
Lil Red Posted November 14, 2011 Author Posted November 14, 2011 [quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1321233497' post='2335877'] Thanks so much, Red! I love mine (they're razzle dazzle!) [/quote] you have great ones
she_who_is_not Posted November 14, 2011 Posted November 14, 2011 I got St. Rose Phillipine Duchesne. I was telling my friends about this at dinner and they would like a saint as well. Lee and Shannon are both protestants but excited to learn more about the saints. Would you draw saints for them Red?
Lil Red Posted November 14, 2011 Author Posted November 14, 2011 [quote name='she_who_is_not' timestamp='1321233700' post='2335881']I got St. Rose Phillipine Duchesne. I was telling my friends about this at dinner and they would like a saint as well. Lee and Shannon are both protestants but excited to learn more about the saints. Would you draw saints for them Red?[/quote] of course!
the171 Posted November 14, 2011 Posted November 14, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321217205' post='2335764'] hi, you received Mary, specifically under her title as Mother of God. [/quote] Wowzers.
the171 Posted November 14, 2011 Posted November 14, 2011 This is way, too, appropriate. Were you peeking? hahaha
BigJon16 Posted November 14, 2011 Posted November 14, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321231818' post='2335864'] St. Leonard of Noblac [/quote] razzle dazzle? I always get the most random Saints... I'm sure there is a reason.
Lil Red Posted November 14, 2011 Author Posted November 14, 2011 [quote name='BigJon16' timestamp='1321238733' post='2335952'] razzle dazzle? I always get the most random Saints... I'm sure there is a reason. [/quote] he sounds pretty razzle dazzle [url="http://saints.sqpn.com/saint-leonard-of-noblac/"]http://saints.sqpn.c...nard-of-noblac/[/url] and http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09178b.htm
Lil Red Posted November 14, 2011 Author Posted November 14, 2011 [quote name='the171' timestamp='1321236302' post='2335917']Wowzers.[/quote] haha, i know! [quote name='the171' timestamp='1321236442' post='2335921']This is way, too, appropriate. Were you peeking? hahaha[/quote] do you mind saying why? you can pm me if you feel more comfortable.
Nunsense Posted November 14, 2011 Posted November 14, 2011 Red - I would like a patron saint too. I think you probably know plenty about me over the years of posting, so I'll just be happy to get whichever one comes up!
Lil Red Posted November 14, 2011 Author Posted November 14, 2011 [quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1321239253' post='2335956'] Red - I would like a patron saint too. I think you probably know plenty about me over the years of posting, so I'll just be happy to get whichever one comes up! [/quote] St. Paul
Nunsense Posted November 14, 2011 Posted November 14, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321239554' post='2335961'] St. Paul [/quote] Oh wow - thank you so much! I love St Paul, and yet originally (before I became a Catholic, or even a Christian), I hated him because from what I heard about him, I thought he hated women! lol Then I actually read what he wrote and was amazed. God does work in mysterious ways.
vee Posted November 14, 2011 Posted November 14, 2011 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321217371' post='2335766'] you received St. Irenaeus of Lyons [/quote] had to google but and thank you! [quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1321217627' post='2335768'] You get stalked by saints of a specific flavor too? Mine are usually confessors/martyrs from the first few centuries of Christianity. Perpetua stalked me at my confirmation, and true to form the Holy Spirit picked Macrina the Elder for this year. [/quote] Yup I do! Its interesting how that works but mine are either connected to Spain or France so this years saint is keeping the pattern. I had St Francis de Sales a couple of years ago for example. At my confirmation I wasnt aware of being stalked by any saint in particular but years later I did find I had a stalker even then. Two or three years ago, years after confirmation, I found a book on my mom's bookshelf, pulled it out, flipped open the cover and there was my name! It was a series of forty short chapters of meditations and reflections by St Teresa of Avila. It had been given to me at confirmation but sat waiting until I was ready for it, ready for her. I was like aaawww
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now