An Old School Catholic Message Board

Patron Saints 2012

Lil Red

[quote name='Seven77' timestamp='1321225706' post='2335835']
if you're still drawing i'd like one too--a saint not a drawing, although those are probably good too
[/quote]
St. Faustina :)

[quote name='brandelynmarie' timestamp='1321230915' post='2335856']Thank you Holy Spirit! Thank you Bl. Maria Gabriella!
Thank you lil Red! :saint: I had noooo idea you did this. Wow. :)

oh my goodness (don't blasphemy), you have nooooo idea how appropriate she is for me!!!!!!!!!!! DEO GRATIAS![/quote]
All Glory to God! :) I'm glad Bl. Maria is appropriate for you :)

[quote name='BigJon16' timestamp='1321225784' post='2335836']
This is amesome!! Jonathan, 16, discerning Priesthood. My biggest struggles: living my faith at [i]all[/i] times and having patience.
[/quote]
St. Leonard of Noblac :)

[quote name='BG45' timestamp='1321229183' post='2335845']

Hmm..interesting sounding. Sad that he takes some slams due to ignorance though, and the meandering would annoy me. x.x
[/quote]
yeah, it does get irritating, but at least about the saint it's good information. ;)

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1321233497' post='2335877']
Thanks so much, Red! I love mine (they're razzle dazzle!)
[/quote]
you have great ones ;)

she_who_is_not

I got St. Rose Phillipine Duchesne.

I was telling my friends about this at dinner and they would like a saint as well. Lee and Shannon are both protestants but excited to learn more about the saints. Would you draw saints for them Red?

[quote name='she_who_is_not' timestamp='1321233700' post='2335881']I got St. Rose Phillipine Duchesne. I was telling my friends about this at dinner and they would like a saint as well. Lee and Shannon are both protestants but excited to learn more about the saints. Would you draw saints for them Red?[/quote]
of course! :)

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321217205' post='2335764']
hi, you received Mary, specifically under her title as Mother of God.
[/quote]

Wowzers.

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321231818' post='2335864']

St. Leonard of Noblac :)

[/quote]

razzle dazzle? I always get the most random Saints... I'm sure there is a reason.

[quote name='BigJon16' timestamp='1321238733' post='2335952']

razzle dazzle? I always get the most random Saints... I'm sure there is a reason.
[/quote]
he sounds pretty razzle dazzle ;) [url="http://saints.sqpn.com/saint-leonard-of-noblac/"]http://saints.sqpn.c...nard-of-noblac/[/url] and http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09178b.htm

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1321236302' post='2335917']Wowzers.[/quote]
haha, i know!

[quote name='the171' timestamp='1321236442' post='2335921']This is way, too, appropriate. Were you peeking? ;) hahaha[/quote]
do you mind saying why? you can pm me if you feel more comfortable.

AccountDeleted

Red - I would like a patron saint too. I think you probably know plenty about me over the years of posting, so I'll just be happy to get whichever one comes up! :)

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1321239253' post='2335956']
Red - I would like a patron saint too. I think you probably know plenty about me over the years of posting, so I'll just be happy to get whichever one comes up! :)
[/quote]
St. Paul :)

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321239554' post='2335961']
St. Paul :)
[/quote]

Oh wow - thank you so much! I love St Paul, and yet originally (before I became a Catholic, or even a Christian), I hated him because from what I heard about him, I thought he hated women! lol Then I actually read what he wrote and was amazed.

God does work in mysterious ways. :love:

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1321217371' post='2335766']

:) you received St. Irenaeus of Lyons

[/quote]

had to google but :like: and thank you!

[quote name='Basilisa Marie' timestamp='1321217627' post='2335768']

You get stalked by saints of a specific flavor too? Mine are usually confessors/martyrs from the first few centuries of Christianity. Perpetua stalked me at my confirmation, and true to form the Holy Spirit picked Macrina the Elder for this year. :)
[/quote]

Yup I do! Its interesting how that works but mine are either connected to Spain or France so this years saint is keeping the pattern. I had St Francis de Sales a couple of years ago for example. At my confirmation I wasnt aware of being stalked by any saint in particular but years later I did find I had a stalker even then. Two or three years ago, years after confirmation, I found a book on my mom's bookshelf, pulled it out, flipped open the cover and there was my name! It was a series of forty short chapters of meditations and reflections by St Teresa of Avila. It had been given to me at confirmation but sat waiting until I was ready for it, ready for her. I was like aaawww :)