An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Secret All Women Should Know

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1329705784' post='2389780']
THAT'S THE FACT JACK!!!!

[size=2](for those that know the reference)[/size]
[/quote]
[img]http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/6/13/128894234423378967.jpg[/img]

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1329705719' post='2389779']
I like the pun. ;)
[/quote]
Lol... I think...

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1329700431' post='2389729']
tbh, I've had more problem with guys wearing too much cologne than women wearing to much perfume.

and well, maybe i've already said to much.
[/quote]

You need to date a better class of guy

PhuturePriest

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1329706302' post='2389786']
I propped that on the basis that it was one prop from being crazy dope, yo.

This is VERY different from this:

This is why Red says you use too many absolutes.

I'm not trying to rehash this, but as someone who was a teenager (not tooooo long ago) there are a couple of things that I would like to point out. Not out of malice, but honestly, for your own good. Around this age you should start to write serious essays. By that I mean essays which express an idea, or opinion in a clear, concise and PRECISE manner. Soon you will need to write applications for college or seminary. Do you use a homeschooling curriculum? If so, you will probably be required to submit thoughtfully prepared, eloquently stated papers.

Like I said earlier, rhetoric is an art. It takes practice. And none of us here expect you to perfect at it, BUT on Open Mic is supposed to be a means of communication. Communicating ideas is part of what separates us from animals (that and the ability to love) and the ability to do so well is something that should be utilized and practiced, especially in a public phorum. This is a large reason why so many people were upset by how you posted.

I do not think that this is a great approach to the problem. What if you run into someone!? Also, the point of challenges is to overcome them. Temptations exist so that we may take the problem by the root and yank it out of our souls. This may be a decent start, but honestly, as a woman, it is more unsettling to me when a guy is scared to look at me because he's scared he might have impure thoughts than when a guy hits on me in an objectifying way. I do not know if I can explain this well, since you are a 15 year old male, but I think it has something to do with the idea the way BOTH men are thinking of women is objectifying, but one is aware he is objectifying and scared of and cannot accept/deal with an integral part of my person, my body.

ooooooooh but when they master the art of smelling good.... ^_^ heaven. Oh emm geeeeeee. lol.

same here.
[/quote]

This post is very good, but there was only one thing wrong: I never plan to go to college. The only thing I will go to if I decide it is my calling is Seminary, but I won't ever go to a college. I have too many problems with the college system, plus, I'm strapped for cash, so I'm sorry American colleges, but your ridiculous prices have run off a customer. Did you know that you can study at the Vatican for four years, and pay as much as you would at a standard American college that isn't special at all for two? That's just ridiculous.

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1329706793' post='2389790']
[img]http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2009/6/13/128894234423378967.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I love that movie. :P

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329710378' post='2389821']
This post is very good, but there was only one thing wrong: I never plan to go to college. The only thing I will go to if I decide it is my calling is Seminary, but I won't ever go to a college. I have too many problems with the college system, plus, I'm strapped for cash, so I'm sorry American colleges, but your ridiculous prices have run off a customer. Did you know that you can study at the Vatican for four years, and pay as much as you would at a standard American college that isn't special at all for two? That's just ridiculous.

[/quote]

If you want to join the FFR (those seem to be renewal Franciscans in your picture) then you need a four year degree in Philosophy, I believe, to enter. It's been a while since I was interested in them, but you may need to rethink your plans.

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1329710765' post='2389823']
If you want to join the FFR (those seem to be renewal Franciscans in your picture) then you need a four year degree in Philosophy, I believe, to enter. It's been a while since I was interested in them, but you may need to rethink your plans.
[/quote]

Another problem with his post (and this is NOT an attack, FP!) is that God calls some people to go to college, and deciding not to do so is to rule out a calling that you might have and not yet know about. Maybe you really will never go to college. That would be fine. But to refuse to go on the basis of having problems with the system, is, unfortunately, limiting what you will allow God to do in your life.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1329710765' post='2389823']
[/quote]

Well, I've contacted them, and this is the wrong information. They prefer that you have a degree, but it's not a requirement. Also, I don't want to join them. I want to enter the Franciscan Brothers Minor.

missionseeker

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329710378' post='2389821']

[/quote]

I mentioned colleges because you know... you never know. I always thought that I would do my four years in college, get a degree and be done. In Georgia, or perhaps Colorado. Instead I wound up spending 5 years in college (switched between four different majors and was 3 classes (of each, one semester) away from three degrees. I have no idea what I want to do, still AND.... I'm applying to grad school?! Yeah, did NOT see that coming. My point is, we really don't know what's in store. I didn't think I could afford college either, but by working my arse off (literally. :| ) and determination I was. So don't rule things out just because you think you can't afford it. Let God work. Also, many seminaries and orders require four year degrees.

missionseeker

[quote name='missionseeker' timestamp='1329712483' post='2389836']
I mentioned colleges because you know... you never know. I always thought that I would do my four years in college, get a degree and be done. In Georgia, or perhaps Colorado. Instead I wound up spending 5 years in college (switched between four different majors and was 3 classes (of each, one semester) away from three degrees. I have no idea what I want to do, still AND.... I'm applying to grad school?! Yeah, did NOT see that coming. My point is, we really don't know what's in store. I didn't think I could afford college either, but by working my arse off (literally. :| ) and determination I was. So don't rule things out just because you think you can't afford it. Let God work. Also, many seminaries and orders require four year degrees.
[/quote]

I forgot to mention, I live in a swamp!

[/quote]

Grad school is amesome. :| I'm not just saying that because I'm working on my third degree and forget what life is like outside of a semester based system. I also say that because a lot of orders require a Masters degree after joining; my friend S. is a Franciscan novitiate. He had to have a certain number of hours in Philosophy to even be considered, four year degree preferred. He got the 4 year degree, and then they told him after he becomes a Brother they'll send him to get his Masters before he continues onward toward his goal of the priesthood.

PhuturePriest

[/quote]

However, this is what Minor Seminary is, and it's paid for by the Diocese. It's not technically a college, since it's all-male and for studying for the Priesthood.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329714052' post='2389850']
However, this is what Minor Seminary is, and it's paid for by the Diocese. It's not technically a college, since it's all-male and for studying for the Priesthood.
[/quote]

I am not the authority on all dioceses, but to my knowledge, you are responsible for fincancing at least the first four years of seminary. Dioceses are not made of money, and Catholic school is expensive!

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Deus_te_Amat' timestamp='1329714164' post='2389852']
I am not the authority on all dioceses, but to my knowledge, you are responsible for fincancing at least the first four years of seminary. Dioceses are not made of money, and Catholic school is expensive!
[/quote]

Well, my Diocese is made of money.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329714984' post='2389860']
Well, my Diocese is made of money.
[/quote]

That's exciting. :)