An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Secret All Women Should Know

PhuturePriest

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='mysisterisalittlesister' timestamp='1329624636' post='2389207']
but they can be kind of insensitive sometimes.
[/quote]

Everyone can be insensitive, I suggest that you get over your dislike of the mods or stop posting about it publicly.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1329624045' post='2389198']
really? i'm not chomping at the bit to slam him. but as Ice put it:

anyway, I really shouldn't have posted because I'm especially cranky tonight. FP - I like that you are on fire for your faith, and you are striving for holiness. I pray that phatmass can be a place of refinement for you, to help you in your journey towards priesthood. God bless.
[/quote]

Here's my problem with Open Mic: You just said I am on fire for my faith. Had I said that, I would've been told that I was proud and conceited. If I make a good post in line with Catholic teaching, I'm critiqued because I didn't say it up to par. I have an opinion, it gets shot down for one reason or another. I'd like to openly state my opinions without the fear of getting into a crusade. If I'm asking too much, perhaps I'm on the wrong site entirely?

Jamie was correct when he proposed I might not be able to nuance my posts very well because I was on my iPod. When I'm on my iPod, I simply say what I have to say without much clarification because it takes so long to write. My opening post took around fifteen minutes to write. I wanted to add more, but by the end of it I had forgotten quite a bit, I was too tired of writing, and I had to say the Rosary. My posts could be more presentable, but my iPod is stupid and makes constant auto-corrects that are actually incorrect. I've stated showing that you're interested first is okay, so I'm not sure what the problem even is anymore. That was the main complaint, and it's been addressed as of now, so everything should be fine.

Your inability or refusal to understand why people don't like your posts (the delivery, not the content) is becoming frustrating.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1329623978' post='2389197']
Sorry, I have a hard time taking it seriously when a person with no relationship experience tells me that I ruined my husbands idea of his role in our relationship because I made the first move. I would have issue with what he said if he were 15 or 30 or 60. Age isn't the issue. Presentation and, in this case, some of the content IS the issue.
[/quote]

I didn't say you did, as I have clarified twice now. I even said why I didn't clarify on that, so that should just about conclude this crusade for nuance.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329624897' post='2389209']

Jamie was correct
[/quote]

I don't care how old he is, you people could learn from this guy!

PhuturePriest

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1329625034' post='2389210']
Your inability or refusal to understand why people don't like your posts (the delivery, not the content) is becoming frustrating.
[/quote]

I just addressed why my delivery is not up to par in the eyes of everyone here. Read my previous posts, please.

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329625104' post='2389213']
I just addressed why my delivery is not up to par in the eyes of everyone here. Read my previous posts, please.
[/quote]

Dude, you can't blame everything on your IPOD..If that's the issue, perhaps stop posting on it

AccountDeleted

[quote name='mysisterisalittlesister' timestamp='1329624636' post='2389207']
yes, you're right. I realized that right after I posted it that I should have said the Debate Table or Transmundane Lane. The mods are avvesome, but they can be kind of insensitive sometimes.
[/quote]

And perhaps some other people can be hypersensitive at times too. I know some of you younger ones don't want to accept this fact, but there are (physical) differences in the brain as it matures, and the generally accepted age for full physical brain maturity is 25 (with individual variations of course). Young persons are especially sensitive it seems to being called 'young' or 'teenager' but that's what they are. And experience does make a difference. Would you want a pilot who had just finished flight training or one who had years of experience behind him? It's the same for anything in life, time changes our views and and opinions and helps us to realise that being dogmatic about our opinions doesn't really demonstrate maturity.

FP said some valuable things but the WAY that he said them caused others to react... so perhaps instead of just being angry that others have called him to account, he should try to look at himself, and the way he phrased things. It isn't always what we say, but HOW we say that gets the message across.

edited for stupids typos - probably missed some too - sorry.

Edited by nunsense

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329625104' post='2389213']
[/quote][quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1329618487' post='2389124']
:doh:
[/quote]

PhuturePriest

[quote name='jaime' timestamp='1329625048' post='2389212']
I don't care how old he is, you people could learn from this guy!
[/quote]

And now you have realized my true brilliance. Was my delivery up to par, though? Or should I have said something like "Jamie III was and is infallibly correct when he masterfully proposed that I may not be able to use much nuance on my iPod touch. May his wisdom be venerated from generations to come"? :P

mysisterisalittlesister

[quote name='Roamin_Catholic' timestamp='1329624867' post='2389208']
Everyone can be insensitive, I suggest that you get over your dislike of the mods or stop posting about it publicly.
[/quote] I don't dislike them! I love the mods! where would we be without them? Their just kind of...moddish (:

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1329624490' post='2389205']
If you really were an old woman, I'd smack you in the mouth for popping off like that.

:flex2: :flex2: :flex2:
[/quote]

Of course if you really were a woman you'd prolly be hitting on me at this point since chicks dig assertive guys.

Which would be emasculating.

Edited by Hasan

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329623794' post='2389192']
I actually wanted to touch on this. I do not mean giving any sort of interest is bad. You can show in some way that you are interested, I simply don't advise initiating the relationship. If the man is afraid, you can in subtle ways show him you are interested, which will boost his confidence and lead him to ask you. I'm simply saying don't flirt (As men shouldn't) and don't say "Hey, wanna go out?" Some men are okay with this, but I personally would be absolutely mortified if this happened to me.
[/quote]
That is because you are only 15. When you grow up you will probably change your mind and enjoy flirting, most men do. Its enjoyable, its harmless and its fun.
There is nothing wrong with having opinions and you have many good points, but start out by saying "this is how I FEEL" about something, and not " you shouldn't do this." Dogmatic statements in areas where you have no expertise or experience will always get you in hot water, simply preface them only in relation to yourself.

mysisterisalittlesister

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1329625178' post='2389216']
And perhaps some other people can be hypersensitive at times too. I know some of you younger ones don't want to accept this fact, but there are (physical) differences in the brain as it matures, and the generally accepted age for full physical brain maturity is 25 (with individual variations of course). Young persons are especially sensitive it seems to being called 'young' or 'teenager' but that's what they are. And experience does make a difference. Would you want a pilot who had just finished flight training or one who had years of experience behind him? It's the same for anything in life, time changes our views and and opinions and helps us to realise that being dogmatic about our opinions doesn't really demonstrate maturity.

FP said some valuable things but the WAY that he said them caused others to react... so perhaps instead of just being angry that others have called him to account, he should try to look at himself, and the way he phrased things. It isn't always what we say, but HOW we say that gets the message across.

edited for stupids typos - probably missed some too - sorry.
[/quote] Yes, I understand, I'm very young (: honestly, I'm kind of enjoying this. It's pretty entertaining, and I'm trying not to take it too seriously.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1329625304' post='2389221']
That is because you are only 15. When you grow up you will probably change your mind and enjoy flirting, most men do. Its enjoyable, its harmless and its fun.
There is nothing wrong with having opinions and you have many good points, but start out by saying "this is how I FEEL" about something, and not " you shouldn't do this." Dogmatic statements in areas where you have no expertise or experience will always get you in hot water, simply preface them only in relation to yourself.
[/quote]

I don't enjoy flirting because 99% of the time it is sinful. When flirting comes to mind, I think of lustful statements and men and women leading each other on. When I say "show your interested" I do mean what would be considered as flirting, but in the good, non-lustful way.

And I disagree. Flirting is not harmless good fun. You don't just walk around flirting with random people. It's lustful most of the time, which makes it dangerous and sinful. Perhaps my idea of what flirting is is not what everyone else here thinks flirting is?