mysisterisalittlesister Posted February 19, 2012 Posted February 19, 2012 [quote name='arfink' timestamp='1329625676' post='2389228'] All I got to say in response to FP is the following: Ankle length denim skirts = eww. OH YEAH, and I've already told you this, but please: [color=#ff0000][size=8][b]STOP[/b][/size][/color] [color=#ff0000][size=8][b]FEEDING[/b][/size][/color] [color=#ff0000][size=8][b]THE[/b][/size][/color] [color=#ff0000][size=8][b]TROLLS![/b][/size][/color] [/quote] lol
Nunsense Posted February 19, 2012 Posted February 19, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329625523' post='2389225'] I don't enjoy flirting because 99% of the time it is sinful. When flirting comes to mind, I think of lustful statements and men and women leading each other on. When I say "show your interested" I do mean what would be considered as flirting, but in the good, non-lustful way. And I disagree. Flirting is not harmless good fun. You don't just walk around flirting with random people. It's lustful most of the time, which makes it dangerous and sinful. Perhaps my idea of what flirting is is not what everyone else here thinks flirting is? [/quote] And perhaps that is why you should be careful how you word your statements. To many of us, flirting is not lustful nor sinful - it is a type of teasing that can be fun, without any thought of objectifying the other person. I am going to enter a monastery soon, but if a man flirts with me, I don't get offended, I just laugh about it and say something funny in response. Unless he is totally insensitive, he will get the message that I am not interested without my being offended and upset. Your age DOES have something to do with this - your hormones are out of control right now so everything seems lustful to you. At my age, I am just happy to have a little innocent banter that makes me feel like smiling.
cmotherofpirl Posted February 19, 2012 Posted February 19, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329625523' post='2389225'] I don't enjoy flirting because 99% of the time it is sinful. When flirting comes to mind, I think of lustful statements and men and women leading each other on. When I say "show your interested" I do mean what would be considered as flirting, but in the good, non-lustful way. And I disagree. Flirting is not harmless good fun. You don't just walk around flirting with random people. It's lustful most of the time, which makes it dangerous and sinful. Perhaps my idea of what flirting is is not what everyone else here thinks flirting is? [/quote] It is quite possible to flirt without committing any type of sin. Again , its a matter of age and experience and you are not there, you are definitely too young to flirt.
Norseman82 Posted February 19, 2012 Posted February 19, 2012 (edited) [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329619357' post='2389133'] I like the way things used to be. I'm an old-fashioned '50s type of guy. I even prefer the fashions, music, dancing, and Church from back then. [/quote] Reading your posts here made me think of this: [img]http://j-walk.com/other/goodwife/images/goodwifeguide.gif[/img] Edited February 19, 2012 by Norseman82
PhuturePriest Posted February 19, 2012 Author Posted February 19, 2012 [quote name='Sister Marie' timestamp='1329625575' post='2389226'] Maybe it's strange for me to be replying to this topic because I'm a nun and obviously not looking for a romantic partner HOWEVER I am a woman and I am definitely against this point of view of women so I feel that I must speak. In addition to that, VS was brought up as a better place to post this and I disagree because I do not think the women there need to worry about trying to please men, or 15 year old boys, rather than God. It's fine if you like it in 1950 - you might find some women who also like 1950 quite well... but we are now in 2012. The same thing happened in 1950... there were a lot of people who probably liked 1900 better and that was fine but it just wasn't 1900 anymore and so on and so on for all of history. Women are NOT subject to the whims of men. God did not create us to morph into your dream of the perfect woman. He created us as complex and wonderful human beings with feelings, thoughts, desires, needs, wants, and intelligence. You are perfectly entitled to your opinion but I personally, as a woman, find it offensive the way you present yourself as the be all and end all authority of the preferences of all men. Whether or not this is what you meant - it is the way you came across. Women do not exist to satisfy men but to satisfy God - He is the authority alone. The idea that there is a "secret" that you have that we all must be educated in in order to find a perfect man is ridiculous. We, as women, should be free to be ourselves, the persons God made us to be, and to be successful, passionate, hard working, and to be women who take initiative in our lives. I do not mean to be harsh (this is actually quite moderate considering the other comments I could think of but chose not to make) but I think you need to hear a, or many, true reactions to what you have just said. Words have power and are not something to be cavalier about. It has been said that if you truly desire to be a priest this is going to be a huge problem - those people are correct. I am not trying to be mean but IF you were a priest and said something like this you absolutely would turn many people away from the Church - not because you were preaching the truth - but because the pride and lack of thought for others that you have exhibited communicates to people that the Church does not care for them but for outdated and inconsequential ideals (obviously I am not talking about dogma but your own personal preferences.). This thread is more of a personal ad than anything else. I do hope that you realize all I have said here is offered not to make you feel bad but to let you know that your comments are offensive and maybe you need to take a step back, find a responsible adult, and work through some issues before you post something like this again. I was happy when you conceded in your last thread. It showed a lot of maturity... but then you started this one. I will be praying for you and I wish you the best. Please do try to keep an open mind and heart so that God can continue to transform you as He is continually doing for all of us. Peace and prayers, Sister Marie [/quote] I wasn't offended nor did I feel bad. I think you were 100% right. I simply worded my post wrong is all. I don't believe women are for our own conquest or were made to please us, but rather, men and women were made to please God. When we act the right way towards each other, we please him. When we put God above us, we please him even more. I didn't mean to come off as saying that my opinions are infallible or anything. I wrote this to give a complete contrast to what society says. Society says bikinis are the most attractive thing you can put on, and that you should take the initiative and basically say that you want to sleep with the man that night if he wants to, etc. I wanted to give a complete contrast so that women know this isn't what men really think, and that usually, we think the exact opposite. I apologize for not wording my first post well, and I hope you understand it was not intentional.
Lil Red Posted February 19, 2012 Posted February 19, 2012 flirtation is an art...if you aren't adept at it, someone's going to get hurt.
Selah Posted February 19, 2012 Posted February 19, 2012 ...So what you're saying is, I should bathe in perfume.
Roamin Catholic Posted February 19, 2012 Posted February 19, 2012 [quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1329625781' post='2389230'] And regardless, if you're having a hard time posting clearly from your ipod, then either use something else to post or don't post. [/quote] This is theft of my creative property. I demand that as a sinful mod you get severely punished.
Vincent Vega Posted February 19, 2012 Posted February 19, 2012 For the record - I don't think Jim Bob or Michelle would ever let one of their lovely gals date a Mary-worshippin Papist.
cmotherofpirl Posted February 19, 2012 Posted February 19, 2012 [quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1329625907' post='2389234'] Reading your posts here made me think of this: [img]http://j-walk.com/other/goodwife/images/goodwifeguide.gif[/img] [/quote] There are actually some good points on this list
PhuturePriest Posted February 19, 2012 Author Posted February 19, 2012 (edited) To give more clarification (As I seem to be doing a lot of these days) this was specifically for teenage girls, not thirty-year old women. Teenage girls today practically throw themselves at you, so I was trying to send the message that this is definitely the [u][b]wrong [/b][/u]approach. And yes, I say this in a totalitarian way, because I do believe the Pope says not to throw yourself at men. Edited February 19, 2012 by FuturePriest387
Lil Red Posted February 19, 2012 Posted February 19, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329626216' post='2389242']Teenage girls today practically throw themselves at you, [/quote] that makes me sad, for them, and for their families.
mysisterisalittlesister Posted February 19, 2012 Posted February 19, 2012 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1329626271' post='2389243'] that makes me sad, for them, and for their families. [/quote] You're not being sarcastic
Sister Marie Posted February 19, 2012 Posted February 19, 2012 [quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329625924' post='2389235'] I wasn't offended nor did I feel bad. I think you were 100% right. I simply worded my post wrong is all. I don't believe women are for our own conquest or were made to please us, but rather, men and women were made to please God. When we act the right way towards each other, we please him. When we put God above us, we please him even more. I didn't mean to come off as saying that my opinions are infallible or anything. I wrote this to give a complete contrast to what society says. Society says bikinis are the most attractive thing you can put on, and that you should take the initiative and basically say that you want to sleep with the man that night if he wants to, etc. I wanted to give a complete contrast so that women know this isn't what men really think, and that usually, we think the exact opposite. I apologize for not wording my first post well, and I hope you understand it was not intentional. [/quote] Thank you for clarifying... no need to apologize. Just make sure that you consider your tone and audience before posting another topic... sometimes the best way to engage another person in conversation is asking questions rather than making statements. If you start out with "What do men want in women?" you may be able to get to the heart of what you are trying to say without offending anyone. This tactic requires more patience and more understanding of people though... it takes more time and more charity... but it is truly the better path to dialogue. PS - Just to let you know... I teach middle school age children... so I get where you are coming from. Plus I'm not too old myself.
Nunsense Posted February 19, 2012 Posted February 19, 2012 FP - I do have to commend you for starting the fastest moving thread on phatmass (for me), and for giving everyone the opportunity to give and get so many props!!
Lil Red Posted February 19, 2012 Posted February 19, 2012 [quote name='mysisterisalittlesister' timestamp='1329626352' post='2389245'] You're not being sarcastic [/quote] no. why would i be? it makes me sad that young girls aren't being modeled how to be a lady.
BG45 Posted February 19, 2012 Posted February 19, 2012 I can't say that I've personally had the problem with women throwing themselves at me, but that's just me. I don't consider it emasculating to have a woman initiate things either; my ex had to tell me she had been flirting with me for months before I ever knew, because I'm utterly dense when it comes to matters of the heart.
mysisterisalittlesister Posted February 19, 2012 Posted February 19, 2012 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1329626490' post='2389249'] no. why would i be? it makes me sad that young girls aren't being modeled how to be a lady. [/quote] Yes, it is very sad. I'm so glad I don't go to public school.
PhuturePriest Posted February 19, 2012 Author Posted February 19, 2012 [quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1329626271' post='2389243'] that makes me sad, for them, and for their families. [/quote] As it should. However, families today think it's "cute" and jolly good fun to do this, so they don't stop their daughters from throwing themselves at men. This was the entire reason for my posting, so I hope you understand my posting more. I just didn't really think about my presentation. I was never one for presentation, I feel you should simply say what you have to say. I'm a more simple and plain man, as Saint Francis was. You can't say Saint Francis was all for interpretation just by the clothing. A brown smelly bathrobe with a cord doesn't exactly scream "presentation".
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now