An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Secret All Women Should Know

PhuturePriest

Maybe it's strange for me to be replying to this topic because I'm a nun and obviously not looking for a romantic partner HOWEVER I am a woman and I am definitely against this point of view of women so I feel that I must speak. In addition to that, VS was brought up as a better place to post this and I disagree because I do not think the women there need to worry about trying to please men, or 15 year old boys, rather than God.

It's fine if you like it in 1950 - you might find some women who also like 1950 quite well... but we are now in 2012. The same thing happened in 1950... there were a lot of people who probably liked 1900 better and that was fine but it just wasn't 1900 anymore and so on and so on for all of history.

Women are NOT subject to the whims of men. God did not create us to morph into your dream of the perfect woman. He created us as complex and wonderful human beings with feelings, thoughts, desires, needs, wants, and intelligence. You are perfectly entitled to your opinion but I personally, as a woman, find it offensive the way you present yourself as the be all and end all authority of the preferences of all men. Whether or not this is what you meant - it is the way you came across. Women do not exist to satisfy men but to satisfy God - He is the authority alone. The idea that there is a "secret" that you have that we all must be educated in in order to find a perfect man is ridiculous. We, as women, should be free to be ourselves, the persons God made us to be, and to be successful, passionate, hard working, and to be women who take initiative in our lives.

I do not mean to be harsh (this is actually quite moderate considering the other comments I could think of but chose not to make) but I think you need to hear a, or many, true reactions to what you have just said. Words have power and are not something to be cavalier about.

It has been said that if you truly desire to be a priest this is going to be a huge problem - those people are correct. I am not trying to be mean but IF you were a priest and said something like this you absolutely would turn many people away from the Church - not because you were preaching the truth - but because the pride and lack of thought for others that you have exhibited communicates to people that the Church does not care for them but for outdated and inconsequential ideals (obviously I am not talking about dogma but your own personal preferences.).

This thread is more of a personal ad than anything else. I do hope that you realize all I have said here is offered not to make you feel bad but to let you know that your comments are offensive and maybe you need to take a step back, find a responsible adult, and work through some issues before you post something like this again. I was happy when you conceded in your last thread. It showed a lot of maturity... but then you started this one.

I will be praying for you and I wish you the best. Please do try to keep an open mind and heart so that God can continue to transform you as He is continually doing for all of us.

Peace and prayers,

Sister Marie

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329625523' post='2389225']Perhaps my idea of what flirting is is not what everyone else here thinks flirting is?
[/quote]
This is because you're...

wait for it....

[img]http://www.clearwellsystems.com/e-discovery-blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/survey-says.jpg[/img]

[i][b][size=6]15 years old!![/size][/b][/i]

All I got to say in response to FP is the following:

Ankle length denim skirts = eww.

OH YEAH, and I've already told you this, but please:

[color=#ff0000][size=8][b]STOP[/b][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=8][b]FEEDING[/b][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=8][b]THE[/b][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=8][b]TROLLS![/b][/size][/color]

Edited by arfink

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329625523' post='2389225']
I don't enjoy flirting because 99% of the time it is sinful.
[/quote]

Sinful when married people flirt? Oh wait, we are to be prudes once we say I do.

And where were you when I took stats in college.

Edited by Roamin_Catholic

MissScripture

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329625046' post='2389211']
I didn't say you did, as I have clarified twice now. I even said why I didn't clarify on that, so that should just about conclude this crusade for nuance.
[/quote]
The post of mine that you quoted came after your clarification post in this thread, but I hit post before that one popped up, because PM was being slow. (If you can blame technology, I get to, too. ;) ) And regardless, if you're having a hard time posting clearly from your ipod, then either use something else to post or don't post. Delivery is still important, even if your posting from an ipod. Nuance is still important, even if you're posting from an ipod.

mysisterisalittlesister

[quote name='arfink' timestamp='1329625676' post='2389228']
All I got to say in response to FP is the following:

Ankle length denim skirts = eww.

OH YEAH, and I've already told you this, but please:

[color=#ff0000][size=8][b]STOP[/b][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=8][b]FEEDING[/b][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=8][b]THE[/b][/size][/color]
[color=#ff0000][size=8][b]TROLLS![/b][/size][/color]
[/quote] lol :hehe2:

AccountDeleted

I don't enjoy flirting because 99% of the time it is sinful. When flirting comes to mind, I think of lustful statements and men and women leading each other on. When I say "show your interested" I do mean what would be considered as flirting, but in the good, non-lustful way.

And I disagree. Flirting is not harmless good fun. You don't just walk around flirting with random people. It's lustful most of the time, which makes it dangerous and sinful. Perhaps my idea of what flirting is is not what everyone else here thinks flirting is?
[/quote]

And perhaps that is why you should be careful how you word your statements. To many of us, flirting is not lustful nor sinful - it is a type of teasing that can be fun, without any thought of objectifying the other person. I am going to enter a monastery soon, but if a man flirts with me, I don't get offended, I just laugh about it and say something funny in response. Unless he is totally insensitive, he will get the message that I am not interested without my being offended and upset.

Your age DOES have something to do with this - your hormones are out of control right now so everything seems lustful to you. At my age, I am just happy to have a little innocent banter that makes me feel like smiling.

cmotherofpirl

I don't enjoy flirting because 99% of the time it is sinful. When flirting comes to mind, I think of lustful statements and men and women leading each other on. When I say "show your interested" I do mean what would be considered as flirting, but in the good, non-lustful way.

And I disagree. Flirting is not harmless good fun. You don't just walk around flirting with random people. It's lustful most of the time, which makes it dangerous and sinful. Perhaps my idea of what flirting is is not what everyone else here thinks flirting is?
[/quote]
It is quite possible to flirt without committing any type of sin. Again , its a matter of age and experience and you are not there, you are definitely too young to flirt.

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329619357' post='2389133']
I like the way things used to be. I'm an old-fashioned '50s type of guy. I even prefer the fashions, music, dancing, and Church from back then.
[/quote]

Reading your posts here made me think of this:

[img]http://j-walk.com/other/goodwife/images/goodwifeguide.gif[/img]

Edited by Norseman82

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Sister Marie' timestamp='1329625575' post='2389226']
Maybe it's strange for me to be replying to this topic because I'm a nun and obviously not looking for a romantic partner HOWEVER I am a woman and I am definitely against this point of view of women so I feel that I must speak. In addition to that, VS was brought up as a better place to post this and I disagree because I do not think the women there need to worry about trying to please men, or 15 year old boys, rather than God.

It's fine if you like it in 1950 - you might find some women who also like 1950 quite well... but we are now in 2012. The same thing happened in 1950... there were a lot of people who probably liked 1900 better and that was fine but it just wasn't 1900 anymore and so on and so on for all of history.

Women are NOT subject to the whims of men. God did not create us to morph into your dream of the perfect woman. He created us as complex and wonderful human beings with feelings, thoughts, desires, needs, wants, and intelligence. You are perfectly entitled to your opinion but I personally, as a woman, find it offensive the way you present yourself as the be all and end all authority of the preferences of all men. Whether or not this is what you meant - it is the way you came across. Women do not exist to satisfy men but to satisfy God - He is the authority alone. The idea that there is a "secret" that you have that we all must be educated in in order to find a perfect man is ridiculous. We, as women, should be free to be ourselves, the persons God made us to be, and to be successful, passionate, hard working, and to be women who take initiative in our lives.

I do not mean to be harsh (this is actually quite moderate considering the other comments I could think of but chose not to make) but I think you need to hear a, or many, true reactions to what you have just said. Words have power and are not something to be cavalier about.

It has been said that if you truly desire to be a priest this is going to be a huge problem - those people are correct. I am not trying to be mean but IF you were a priest and said something like this you absolutely would turn many people away from the Church - not because you were preaching the truth - but because the pride and lack of thought for others that you have exhibited communicates to people that the Church does not care for them but for outdated and inconsequential ideals (obviously I am not talking about dogma but your own personal preferences.).

This thread is more of a personal ad than anything else. I do hope that you realize all I have said here is offered not to make you feel bad but to let you know that your comments are offensive and maybe you need to take a step back, find a responsible adult, and work through some issues before you post something like this again. I was happy when you conceded in your last thread. It showed a lot of maturity... but then you started this one.

I will be praying for you and I wish you the best. Please do try to keep an open mind and heart so that God can continue to transform you as He is continually doing for all of us.

Peace and prayers,

Sister Marie
[/quote]

I wasn't offended nor did I feel bad. I think you were 100% right. I simply worded my post wrong is all. I don't believe women are for our own conquest or were made to please us, but rather, men and women were made to please God. When we act the right way towards each other, we please him. When we put God above us, we please him even more. I didn't mean to come off as saying that my opinions are infallible or anything. I wrote this to give a complete contrast to what society says. Society says bikinis are the most attractive thing you can put on, and that you should take the initiative and basically say that you want to sleep with the man that night if he wants to, etc. I wanted to give a complete contrast so that women know this isn't what men really think, and that usually, we think the exact opposite. I apologize for not wording my first post well, and I hope you understand it was not intentional.

Roamin Catholic

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1329625781' post='2389230']
And regardless, if you're having a hard time posting clearly from your ipod, then either use something else to post or don't post.
[/quote]

This is theft of my creative property. I demand that as a sinful mod you get severely punished.

For the record - I don't think Jim Bob or Michelle would ever let one of their lovely gals date a Mary-worshippin Papist.