An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Secret All Women Should Know

PhuturePriest

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Norseman82' timestamp='1329625907' post='2389234']
Reading your posts here made me think of this:

[img]http://j-walk.com/other/goodwife/images/goodwifeguide.gif[/img]
[/quote] There are actually some good points on this list :)

PhuturePriest

To give more clarification (As I seem to be doing a lot of these days) this was specifically for teenage girls, not thirty-year old women. Teenage girls today practically throw themselves at you, so I was trying to send the message that this is definitely the [u][b]wrong [/b][/u]approach.

And yes, I say this in a totalitarian way, because I do believe the Pope says not to throw yourself at men.

Edited by FuturePriest387

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329626216' post='2389242']Teenage girls today practically throw themselves at you, [/quote]
that makes me sad, for them, and for their families. :(

mysisterisalittlesister

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1329626271' post='2389243']
[/quote] You're not being sarcastic :o

[quote name='FuturePriest387' timestamp='1329625924' post='2389235']
I wasn't offended nor did I feel bad. I think you were 100% right. I simply worded my post wrong is all. I don't believe women are for our own conquest or were made to please us, but rather, men and women were made to please God. When we act the right way towards each other, we please him. When we put God above us, we please him even more. I didn't mean to come off as saying that my opinions are infallible or anything. I wrote this to give a complete contrast to what society says. Society says bikinis are the most attractive thing you can put on, and that you should take the initiative and basically say that you want to sleep with the man that night if he wants to, etc. I wanted to give a complete contrast so that women know this isn't what men really think, and that usually, we think the exact opposite. I apologize for not wording my first post well, and I hope you understand it was not intentional.
[/quote]

Thank you for clarifying... no need to apologize. Just make sure that you consider your tone and audience before posting another topic... sometimes the best way to engage another person in conversation is asking questions rather than making statements. If you start out with "What do men want in women?" you may be able to get to the heart of what you are trying to say without offending anyone. This tactic requires more patience and more understanding of people though... it takes more time and more charity... but it is truly the better path to dialogue.

PS - Just to let you know... I teach middle school age children... so I get where you are coming from. Plus I'm not too old myself.

AccountDeleted

FP - I do have to commend you for starting the fastest moving thread on phatmass (for me), and for giving everyone the opportunity to give and get so many props!! :P

[quote name='mysisterisalittlesister' timestamp='1329626352' post='2389245']
You're not being sarcastic :o
[/quote]
no. why would i be? it makes me sad that young girls aren't being modeled how to be a lady. :(

I can't say that I've personally had the problem with women throwing themselves at me, but that's just me. I don't consider it emasculating to have a woman initiate things either; my ex had to tell me she had been flirting with me for months before I ever knew, because I'm utterly dense when it comes to matters of the heart.

mysisterisalittlesister

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1329626490' post='2389249']
no. why would i be? it makes me sad that young girls aren't being modeled how to be a lady. :(
[/quote] Yes, it is very sad. I'm so glad I don't go to public school.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1329626271' post='2389243']
[/quote]

As it should. However, families today think it's "cute" and jolly good fun to do this, so they don't stop their daughters from throwing themselves at men. This was the entire reason for my posting, so I hope you understand my posting more. I just didn't really think about my presentation. I was never one for presentation, I feel you should simply say what you have to say. I'm a more simple and plain man, as Saint Francis was. You can't say Saint Francis was all for interpretation just by the clothing. A brown smelly bathrobe with a cord doesn't exactly scream "presentation". :P

PhuturePriest

[quote name='Sister Marie' timestamp='1329626396' post='2389246']
Thank you for clarifying... no need to apologize. Just make sure that you consider your tone and audience before posting another topic... sometimes the best way to engage another person in conversation is asking questions rather than making statements. If you start out with "What do men want in women?" you may be able to get to the heart of what you are trying to say without offending anyone. This tactic requires more patience and more understanding of people though... it takes more time and more charity... but it is truly the better path to dialogue.

PS - Just to let you know... I teach middle school age children... so I get where you are coming from. Plus I'm not too old myself.
[/quote]

You teach middle school children? My heart goes out for you, and I'm inspired that you haven't been sued for choking children yet. :P

[quote name='mysisterisalittlesister' timestamp='1329626571' post='2389251']
Yes, it is very sad. I'm so glad I don't go to public school.
[/quote]
There are plenty of devout and chaste girls who have come out of public schools, and plenty of promiscuous ones who attend(ed) parochial schools.

PhuturePriest

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1329626420' post='2389247']
FP - I do have to commend you for starting the fastest moving thread on phatmass (for me), and for giving everyone the opportunity to give and get so many props!! :P
[/quote]

Oh yes, how great for you folks that are getting props. If my heart would stop beating if I didn't get props, I would be feeling pretty cold by now. :P

mysisterisalittlesister

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1329626893' post='2389259']
There are plenty of devout and chaste girls who have come out of public schools, and plenty of promiscuous ones who attend(ed) parochial schools.
[/quote] yes, very true!

I'm home-teached (:

PhuturePriest

I'm pretty well self-schooled. I'm home schooled, but I really don't have a person that teaches me, I simply read my books and do tests. My teachers are the people that put the words on the pages, really. But you could say that I'm "self-teached" as some other poster disgraced the English language by saying. :P