An Old School Catholic Message Board

Hb's Randomocity Thread

HopefulBride

it doesn't cut, it just brushes it away. I call it a rake, it looks similar to what you use except the handle is somewhat different and it is not as wide as the moulting comb.

I might. The other night I managed to get the machine going but somehow I broke two needles. I need to buy more....

Check alignment. Your needles might be hitting something like the feed dogs. Also make sure that you are using the right needle.

Turns out I was using a needle that was too long and (not sure what the feed dog is) the little bobbin thing in the bottom needed readjusting (it wasn't turning properly) I am going to try some more tonight after youth group.

I learned to sew in junior high, in Home Ec. (do they even have that class anymore?) I made an apron, I should have made a scapular, and when the teacher asked what the heck I made I could have said 'It's an apron used by religious that isn't used as an apron anymore'.

darn it! I was at walmart and forgot to pick up the needles. I'm going to ask my friend Nat who does sewing classes, to show me how to use that darn machine.

In other news, I'm doing the 33 days to Morning glory retreat. I am soooooo happy I'm doing it.

OK SrMC said that I don't have to have my slips and she will help me sew them when I get there. Yay yay yay!!!!

up from a nap (it was a long one - 3 1/2 hours) and now I feel totally refreshed and wish it were the middle of summer so that I could use the light to finish with the yard work (yeah I know it was supposed to be all done last week but my edger was broken)

Pray for me, I just emailed the youth minister inquiring about the part time assistant youth minister position. They want someone with an undergraduate degree but since I am so close to graduation I asked if they would consider me for the position. It is part time and I think it would be such an amesome opportunity. The listing has been up for two months so they might be more open.

i<3franciscans

[quote name='TheresaThoma' timestamp='1347296085' post='2480990']
Pray for me, I just emailed the youth minister inquiring about the part time assistant youth minister position. They want someone with an undergraduate degree but since I am so close to graduation I asked if they would consider me for the position. It is part time and I think it would be such an amesome opportunity. The listing has been up for two months so they might be more open.
[/quote]Praying!

OK spoke to the Serrans and I got to share my vocation story. It looks like the January 7th dinner is set to happen. Please keep the prayers coming as I prepare to go to Spokane.

• 2 weeks later...