An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trayvon Martin

The truth is coming out....Zimmerman is scum....Putting a shotgun in his "girlfriends" face he's living with....Pointing guns at his ex wife...Ect ect ect....

Edited by Guest

And Trayvon had some bad tweets lol Who gives a flop....The kid was walking home from getting a snack at 7:30 at night while it was raining with his hood up during half time of the nba all star game...And this freak stalks him and he ends up dead....

PhuturePriest

And Trayvon had some bad tweets lol Who gives a flop....The kid was walking home from getting a snack at 7:30 at night while it was raining with his hood up during half time of the nba all star game...And this freak stalks him and he ends up dead....

They were violent and racial tweets, so it does matter. I'm not saying he was acting shady when he was walking home with his Skittles or that he gave any reason to be stalked. I am saying, however, there is the possibility something happened that we don't know about. Or maybe he did nothing and was simply walking home minding his own business with no provocation to be followed. I lean towards that side, but I want to make sure I'm unbiased in this. 

I'm also not convinced that Zimmerman going to jail today is undeniable proof that he's always been a bad person. There are psychological factors to think about, here. He's been (Rightfully) afraid to go outside for some time now. It could have been that the stress of the trial caught up with him and he wasn't thinking clearly. I'm not saying this isn't proof that he has always been like this, but it's something to think about. We have to be open-minded to the truth, not biased towards what we think is the truth.

They were violent and racial tweets, so it does matter.

No it doesnt matter. Racial tweets are not a death sentence. 

The biggest part of my frustration lies in the fact that people talk about Trayvons character as if it were justification for his death...or that somehow his actions were suppose to make us feel better that he died. "its ok, he sent racist tweets, skipped class, and did drugs"

So?

A lot of people do the same thing. We do not get to judge someones soul nor do we get to decide whether they live or die. Had Martin been able to live you  have NO idea what he could have become. 

PhuturePriest

No it doesnt matter. Racial tweets are not a death sentence. 

The biggest part of my frustration lies in the fact that people talk about Trayvons character as if it were justification for his death...or that somehow his actions were suppose to make us feel better that he died. "its ok, he sent racist tweets, skipped class, and did drugs"

So?

A lot of people do the same thing. We do not get to judge someones soul nor do we get to decide whether they live or die. Had Martin been able to live you  have NO idea what he could have become. 

I never said he deserved what he got for anything he might have done. He could have held Satanic rituals praising the name of Ba'al for all I care, he didn't deserve what happened in the slightest. I'm simply saying the media portrays him as an angelic cupcake who wouldn't have known what a Winchester was if you asked him. I'm not saying he was a gangster or anything; I don't know about his personal life. I'm simply saying people are too biased one way or the other to report on this subject.

Edited by FuturePriest387

Then why do you bring up his personal life? How does that factor into his death? Why is that important to this conversation at atll?

PhuturePriest

Then why do you bring up his personal life? How does that factor into his death? Why is that important to this conversation at atll?

Because something might have happened that we don't know about. We need to investigate free of bias, and of course be understanding, forgiving, and merciful no matter the truth. I'm not saying if Zimmerman is in fact a racist and shot Trayvon in cold blood he should get away with it, but if it does turn out that that is what happened, there isn't a doubt on anyone's mind that the media will make this guy out to be worse than Hitler.

Because something might have happened that we don't know about. We need to investigate free of bias, and of course be understanding, forgiving, and merciful no matter the truth. I'm not saying if Zimmerman is in fact a racist and shot Trayvon in cold blood he should get away with it, but if it does turn out that that is what happened, there isn't a doubt on anyone's mind that the media will make this guy out to be worse than Hitler.

So youre making assumptions about his character because you believe that is grounds to assume that he did something to warrant his own death?

PhuturePriest

So youre making assumptions about his character because you believe that is grounds to assume that he did something to warrant his own death?

We need to go re-read my original post about not letting our emotions get the best of us. I never said anything of the sort. To say I think he did something to warrant his death is an attack on my character, and I do not appreciate that at all.

PhuturePriest

Then dont bring up his character. 

Why do people bring up Zimmerman's character? In order to figure out all of the blank spots, yes? It's important to look into character. I've seen teenagers and adults who didn't particularly do anything wrong, but walked about with an attitude as if they were about to make some trouble. Is that what Trayvon was doing? Is that something he often did? There is a reason that Zimmerman followed him, whether it was racism, racial profiling, being on a power trip, or perhaps Trayvon was walking around with such an air about him. We can't make judgments on either person until we find out all of the facts about what happened, and about the people themselves. That is why character matters.

Then dont bring up his character. 

Why not?  It's very relevant, even to the legal discussion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Character_evidence#Character_evidence_offered_by_the_defendant

"...Character evidence is also admissible in a criminal trial if offered by a defendant as circumstantial evidence—through reputation or opinion evidence—to show an alleged victim's "pertinent" character trait—for example, to support defendant's claim of self-defense to a charge of homicide."

Zimmerman has on many occasions displayed his character.

Like when he protested the police for beating a homeless black man?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Zimmerman

"In early 2011, Zimmerman participated in a citizen forum at the Sanford City Hall, to protest the beating of a black homeless man by the son of a white Sanford police officer. During the meeting, Zimmerman claimed he witnessed "disgusting behavior" while in ride-along program with local police;"

Yep, pretty obvious example of being a horrible person.

Everyone can change...Zimmerman seems to have.

Unfortunately Trayvon will never get that chance  because his life was taken away from him.