An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trayvon Martin

Autumn Dusk

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1334169864' post='2415882']
People are upset cause there was no arrest in this case and in Georges own words "I thought it would blow over." Now if hes really innocent and gets found not guilty then he deserves to live a normal life. Although I'm aware that won't happen. If and I know it might be a big if. But if he SHOULD of been arrested that night and at least went to trial it would of made his life a lot easier. There wouldn't be this outrage and all the hate. Then he could of been found guilty or not guilty and his life would of been somewhat normal. So if the invesitagtor WAS right and he should have been arrested and the prosecuter let him off for whatever reason then that's sad. Cause he caused zimmerman way more probelms in the long run.
[/quote]

But according to the law he was NOT guilty of any wrongdoing which means that it would of been illegal to arrest him.

And again, his words are taken out of context. he thought the price on his head would blow over.

Now though, no matter what happens, weither he's a cold-blooded killer or a hothead or it was an accident or travon tried to kill him Zimmerman's life is over.

Edited by Autumn Dusk

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1334169864' post='2415882']
But if he SHOULD of been arrested that night and at least went to trial it would of made his life a lot easier. There wouldn't be this outrage and all the hate. Then he could of been found guilty or not guilty and his life would of been somewhat normal. So if the invesitagtor WAS right and he should have been arrested and the prosecuter let him off for whatever reason then that's sad. [/quote] I'm almost 100% in agreement with you here. I don't think I blame the prosecuter and police completely. I think a big part of the problem is the untintended results of the Stand Your Ground law. The law writers didn't think that it would only require a reasonable assurance there was a serious confrontation, and not require an investigation for who may have instigated the confrontation, pursued a confrontation, re-initiated a confrontation, etc. Interviews and comments from those who wrote and supported the law were all surprised at this and other shootings/stabbings/killings that didn't bring charges, prosecution, or convictions under unanticipated circumstances.
In other words, it's a bad/faulty law along with bad/faulty application of the law.

The bad law is as much to blame for the lack of prosecution as Zimmerman is to blame for pulling the trigger.

Edited by Anomaly

[url="http://therealgeorgezimmerman.com/"]http://therealgeorgezimmerman.com/[/url]

Here's the website Zimmerman set up himself. Sounds like he's losing his mind. Most of what he writes has nothing to do with the case, and are just ramblings.

He also claims to not have received any of the funds collected by websites claiming to be collecting for his defense, hence his reasoning for setting up a paypal account. Just about the only rational thing he says on there.

Edited by r2Dtoo

1. No gloating, no celebration according to Sharpton.

2. The attorney said it was not about race; it was about justice. He had to be arrested and be put to trial [fairness]..I agree.

3. Trayvon's mom said all they wanted was an arrest.

Btw, the reason I signed the petition was because I sympathized with the Martin family for losing a child. Like many, including, DB, all i wanted to see was an immediate investigation.

Also, i feel bad for Zimmerman precisely because he lost his life due to the fact that Trayvon literally lost his life.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1334184787' post='2416007']
Amen 7. Trayvon needs justice.
[/quote]

I think he *needed* it and got it, yes.

southern california guy

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1334183437' post='2416004']
[url="http://therealgeorgezimmerman.com/"]http://therealgeorgezimmerman.com/[/url]

Here's the website Zimmerman set up himself. Sounds like he's losing his mind. Most of what he writes has nothing to do with the case, and are just ramblings.

He also claims to not have received any of the funds collected by websites claiming to be collecting for his defense, hence his reasoning for setting up a paypal account. Just about the only rational thing he says on there.
[/quote]

I looked at his website. He didn't say much. What did he write that didn't have anything to do with the case? What did he write that wasn't rational?

Mabey its not mob justice. Mabey people of all colors and background had a right to be outraged. Mabey the former prosecutor dropped the ball big time. Remember the police and the lead investigator wanted him arrested.

Edited by Guest

cmotherofpirl

I am outraged at all the outrage being trumpeted by the media. If both parties were black or white or hispanic this case would not be in the news and Al Sharpton and his cronies would crawl back in their holes. Justice is NOT served by threatening civil disobedience, and a bounty on Zimmerman's head. Justice is NOT served by the endless commentators with their endless guessing and parade of clueless experts. ... How this man is EVER gonna get a fair trial is beyond me.

That's what happens when the police and the lead investigator want an arrest and don't get one. The former prosecutor should of did his job and got it right the first time. And I don't go for your argument if zimmerman was black or if trayvon wasn't black ect ect ect. The fact is an unarmed young man got killed walking home and no arrest was made even though police and the lead investigator wanted one made.

Edited by Guest