An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trayvon Martin

[img]http://katdish.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/beating-a-dead-horse-horse-demotivational-poster-1267844749.jpg[/img]

poor horse.

Well it got started back up when it was said this is mob justice. As if the prosecutor just charged him because she was pressured to do so. I don't think that's the case.

Edited by Guest

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1334193165' post='2416066']
I don't like the precedent that this sets for mob justice.
[/quote]If not for mob violence I'd still be picking cotton on a farm in the South.

My point is that this isn't setting any precedent. Read a history book.

Edited by Adrestia

That wasn't mob violence. Ultimately, it was the will of the majority organizing within their government to defeat the opinion of the few.

Who knows mabey the judge will throw the charges out under the stand your ground law. If found innocent he will have to move to another country or something. Since these lunatics want him murdered. Trayvons parents have showed a lot of class through all of this. They deserve props. Imagine what they are going through. I have not heard them speak any hate towards Zimmerman. Respect.

Who knows mabey the judge will throw the charges out under the stand your ground law. If found innocent he will have to move to another country or something. Since these lunatics want him murdered. Trayvons parents have showed a lot of class through all of this. They deserve props. Imagine what they are going through. I have not heard them speak any hate towards Zimmerman. Respect.

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1334206735' post='2416242']
That wasn't mob violence. Ultimately, it was the will of the majority organizing within their government to defeat the opinion of the few.
[/quote]I should have written mob "justice," not violence. I do agree with you.

[quote name='southern california guy' timestamp='1334189480' post='2416036']
I looked at his website. He didn't say much. What did he write that didn't have anything to do with the case? What did he write that wasn't rational?
[/quote]
That's exactly it he didn't say much. Why bother creating all those links if you really didn't want to talk about any of it? He's losing his mind.

Autumn Dusk

[quote name='r2Dtoo' timestamp='1334234806' post='2416321']
That's exactly it he didn't say much. Why bother creating all those links if you really didn't want to talk about any of it? He's losing his mind.
[/quote]

This poor guy is being given a 1800's style lynching. I can't immagine being under that kind of psycological stress.

Death threats are also considered assult. (Battery is the physical carrying out). The guys who made the threats should be ARRESTED also.

And if his death is worth 10k, what is his life worth? Apparently nothing.

[quote name='Adrestia' timestamp='1334230884' post='2416301']
I should have written mob "justice," not violence. I do agree with you.
[/quote]Cule. What I describe as the difference between public outcry and public outrage. Outcry is the voice, outrage is the fist. Mob has negative emotionally charged connotation, while public is usually construed as relatively reasonable.

What's troubling, is the commitment to opinions that are based on limited, debatable, "facts". That's normal human nature, but the likelyhood of a negative outcome is exponentially increased when it's amplified in the public media arena that panders to strong emotion in order to sell soap and car advertisements.

I hope the legal process drags out long enough for reason to temper emotion to the point that emotion doesn't overwelm reason when or if a legal verdict is rendered.

Autumn Dusk

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1334235382' post='2416324']
Cule. What I describe as the difference between public outcry and public outrage. Outcry is the voice, outrage is the fist. Mob has negative emotionally charged connotation, while public is usually construed as relatively reasonable.

What's troubling, is the commitment to opinions that are based on limited, debatable, "facts". That's normal human nature, but the likelyhood of a negative outcome is exponentially increased when it's amplified in the public media arena that panders to strong emotion in order to sell soap and car advertisements.

I hope the legal process drags out long enough for reason to temper emotion to the point that emotion doesn't overwelm reason when or if a legal verdict is rendered.
[/quote]

The real problem here is the outrage for "white" on black violence when much more aggregious crimes are being commited in black and hispanic and even white communities. It's been made into a race issue. And let's face it, if this was a black man who shot a black teen NO ONE would really care, just like no one cares about the young men and even young children shot in cold blood in Detroit and Chicago and the asian violence in cali, the hispanic violence in texas and new Mexico. NO ONE CARES about those people. Where is the rage for them...some of the stories are far more sickening than Trayvon, and where one party is obvously (insted of spectativly) guilty.

dominicansoul

i always wonder why white people are so suprised when something like this happens...

i figure, its the sins of the white fathers of the past, resting on their children...

so intense was that hatred for black people, so brutal its crimes, its going to take centuries before we no longer see the effects of slavery on this nation...

...not to mention the injustice blacks had to deal with 100 years AFTER slavery was abolished...

you are always going to have this... when you have a person who is not black, committing any type of crime against a black person, you are going to have to deal with this kind of outrage... get used to it, its not going to go away anytime soon...

(you have to think about it, too...when a black person commits a crime against a person who is not black... you see the opposite reaction... (ie OJ Simpson..)

I am not saying I approve, I am saying I certainly understand why it happens...

...and I'm pretty sure we will see more of this happening again and again and again in our lifetimes...