An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trayvon Martin

Has anyone seen how much the Brady Campaign (anti gun organization) has jumped all over this? Its the most pathetic and insulting grab at attention i have seen in a while.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1333688814' post='2413560']
Has anyone seen how much the Brady Campaign (anti gun organization) has jumped all over this? Its the most pathetic and insulting grab at attention i have seen in a while.
[/quote]
IHMO, they're still 2nd to the New Black Panthers, all 6 of them.

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1333688814' post='2413560']
[/quote]Yeah. It's like they're treating an infected hangnail before working on the broken leg.

eagle_eye222001

[size=4][b][color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][left]Enhanced audio of George Zimmerman 911 call casts doubt about use of racial slur[/left][/font][/color][/b][/size]

[left][url="http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/06/enhanced-audio-11-call-questions-if-george-zimmerman-used-racial-slur/?test=latestnews"]http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/06/enhanced-audio-11-call-questions-if-george-zimmerman-used-racial-slur/?test=latestnews[/url][/left]

[left]CNN which at first reported that Zimmerman was likely using a racial slur is now rescinding their claim upon further examination of the audio call.[/left]

[left][url="http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/06/controversial-media-matters-analyst-leaving-rather-than-harm-site-over-israel/?test=latestnews"]http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/06/controversial-media-matters-analyst-leaving-rather-than-harm-site-over-israel/?test=latestnews[/url][/left]

[left][color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3]MJ Rosenberg, who also got into hot water for mistakenly accusing the [/size][/font][/color][url="http://www.foxnews.com/topics/drudge-report.htm#r_src=ramp"]Drudge Report[/url][color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif][size=3] website of racism in coverage of the Trayvon Martin case, announced Friday on the Media Matters website that he was "striking out on my own with a brand new website and blog."[/size][/font][/color][/left]

[left][size=4][color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif]At the end of the day, it looks like the most racists are those in the media. NBC, CNN, and now this guy are all guilty of claiming racism when in fact their reasons were bogus all along.[/font][/color][/size][/left]

[quote name='eagle_eye222001' timestamp='1333788282' post='2413915']
[left][size=4][color=#000000][font=arial, sans-serif]At the end of the day, it looks like the most racists are those in the media. NBC, CNN, and now this guy are all guilty of claiming racism when in fact their reasons were bogus all along.[/font][/color][/size][/left]
[/quote]

I do not think that most racists are in the media. I'm pretty sure that ABC, CBS & Fox are just like NBC and CNN - the only color they see is green. They all manipulate stories to increase ratings and profits. They pander to racists in society.

The media has given us a false dichotomy: People who think Zimmerman was justified are racists because they are defending the guy who shot an unarmed Black kid. People who think that Zimmerman was not justified are racists because they think Zimmerman only shot Martin because he was Black. There is a sizable number of poeple that don't fit this dichotomy. What about the people think Zimmerman's legal justification has nothing to do with Martin's race? They are not given a voice because they don't increase ratings.

Personally, I don't think Zimmerman was motivated by race, I think he was motivated by a wannabe-cop, superman complex. I originally thought that the cops resistance to arrest Zimmerman was racially motivated; but I now think that the state prosecutors failed to bring charges against Zimmerman because Florida has a track record of not punishing White people for kiling Black people, and they saw no reason to sully their conviction rate over Martin. I have no evidence for this, of the many ideas floating in my head it's the one that I think is most likely. I am likely to chnage my mind again when more evidence surfaces. In any event, I do believe that Zimmerman was not justified, I believe that his attempt to pursue Martin excludes him from "stand your ground" protection, regardless of race.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Adrestia' timestamp='1333811549' post='2413976']
I do not think that most racists are in the media. I'm pretty sure that ABC, CBS & Fox are just like NBC and CNN - the only color they see is green. They all manipulate stories to increase ratings and profits. They pander to racists in society.

The media has given us a false dichotomy: People who think Zimmerman was justified are racists because they are defending the guy who shot an unarmed Black kid. People who think that Zimmerman was not justified are racists because they think Zimmerman only shot Martin because he was Black. There is a sizable number of poeple that don't fit this dichotomy. What about the people think Zimmerman's legal justification has nothing to do with Martin's race? They are not given a voice because they don't increase ratings.

Personally, I don't think Zimmerman was motivated by race, I think he was motivated by a wannabe-cop, superman complex. I originally thought that the cops resistance to arrest Zimmerman was racially motivated; but I now think that the state prosecutors failed to bring charges against Zimmerman because Florida has a track record of not punishing White people for kiling Black people, and they saw no reason to sully their conviction rate over Martin. I have no evidence for this, of the many ideas floating in my head it's the one that I think is most likely. I am likely to chnage my mind again when more evidence surfaces. In any event, I do believe that Zimmerman was not justified, I believe that his attempt to pursue Martin excludes him from "stand your ground" protection, regardless of race.
[/quote]

How can it be racially motivated , Zimmerman is Hispanic?

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1333824982' post='2414052']

How can it be racially motivated , Zimmerman is Hispanic?
[/quote]

I really don't understand this. Is there some rule that Hispanics can't be racist? Any one can be a racist whatever their race.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1333827519' post='2414075']
I really don't understand this. Is there some rule that Hispanics can't be racist? Any one can be a racist whatever their race.
[/quote]

Yes obviously anyone can be a racist, but the post said since there is a history of Florida not prosecuting WHITE on black crime, this doesn't qualify.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1333827848' post='2414079']
Hispanic is an ethnic group, not a race.

Also, Hispanics aren't from Bosnia.
[/quote]

As Ivo Adric point out in his great work of historical fiction The Bridge on the Drina there were Spanish speaking Jews origionally from the Iberian Peninsula who lived in Bosnia for hundreds of years.

[quote name='Hasan' timestamp='1333839412' post='2414135']
As Ivo Adric point out in his great work of historical fiction The Bridge on the Drina there were Spanish speaking Jews origionally from the Iberian Peninsula who lived in Bosnia for hundreds of years.
[/quote]
Not really Hispanic.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1333840823' post='2414150']
Not really Hispanic.
[/quote]

Admit nothing.
Deny everything.
Make counter-accusations.

You're not really Hispanic.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1333837879' post='2414119']

Yes obviously anyone can be a racist, but the post said since there is a history of Florida not prosecuting WHITE on black crime, this doesn't qualify.
[/quote]

Like it was said earlier, Hispanic is an ethnicity, not a race. Zimmerman is white & Hispanic.