An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trayvon Martin

And I saw a Joe Oliver interview today and i cried a little bit. As did he. I don't want zimmerman murdered or anything like that. I wish death on noone and no where in this thread can you find where I have WISHED death on anyone.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332865579' post='2409176']
And yes HomeschoolMom I'm suggesting Trayvon was in the right place at the right time. Between 8 and 9 pm walking home. I listened to the 911 tape. Although I don't think Zimmerman was a hardcore racist he for sure profiled Martin. He said these a**h**** always get away. You can hear it in his tone. Its debatable if he even called him a f****** co*n. So he's in his suv following Trayvon. This is 2012 and there are a lot of crazy people out there. At this point Trayvon has a right to be skeptical and defensive. And what makes Trayvon suspicious? Being a tall black kid in a hoodie at 8 or 9 pm walking home ? Is that all it takes ? At anytime Zimmerman could of just said hey I'm neighboorhood watch how are ya buddy ? He could of been friendly and handeled it like that. But no in his mind Trayvon the THUG was already guilty and he was gonna play batman in his suv.
[/quote]

I think you don't know what "wrong place/wrong time" means.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332867690' post='2409205']
And I saw a Joe Oliver interview today and i cried a little bit. As did he. I don't want zimmerman murdered or anything like that. [b]I wish death on noone and no where in this thread can you find where I have WISHED death on anyone.[/b]
[/quote]razzle dazzle story, brother.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332563786' post='2406932']
So a kid with skittles and a snapples gets followed and shot to death by some neighborhood watch guy who has called 911 about 50 times . And the cops don't administer a alcohol or drug test. They just take him on his word that he was defending himself. What more facts do you need to know ? I laugh out loud when people say racism doesn't exist in 2012. This is pure evidence right in your face. This scum killed a child who he followed. He is a coward and deserves to be sitting in jail. [b]Then he deserves to be put to death just like he would be if Travon was white.[/b]
[/quote]

Edited by Anomaly

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1332865339' post='2409175']
Delivery,
According to your profile, you're a 30 year old adult. You state you are a Catholic, and [s]have earned a Church Militant label from peers here on Phatmass[/s]. have a label bestowed on you by dUSt.

[/quote]
fxd.

Nice try but the part you bolded is not me wishing death on him. I said "deserved". Nice try mr. atheist.

Edited by Guest

I get along with people in other threads Lil Red. Always have for the most part. This thread is a touchy subject with me.

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332866024' post='2409186']
Anomaly I'm posting on a message board. You don't know how I live my life. Don't talk to me about catholicism when you are an atheist or agnostic.
[/quote]

There are many athiests and agnostics who know more about catholicism than you do, and it is certainly easy for someone with even a cursory knowledge of the principles of christianity to point out where you are posting irrationally.

No there's not many atheist or agnostics who know mare about Catholicism then me. Posting irrationally I'll give you that.

Edited by Guest

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332811761' post='2408955']
[img]http://savingtherepublic.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/trayvon-recent-thug-zimmerman.jpg[/img]

(Dunno if the lewd gesture is gonna got [color=#282828]mod'ed but I thought the point was pretty salient)[/color]
[/quote]

That picture is not a picture of Trayvon. Looks like people just found thuggish pictures of a young black man who kind of looks like him and then tried to pass them off as him.

The photo with the gold teeth isn't Trayvon Martin either. I would make a joke about how we all look the same to white people, but someone will take it seriously and get upset, so I won't. It's perfectly normal and not racist at all for someone to have a difficult time distinguishing between similarly appearing people of an unfamiliar race or culture.

The thing is, it really shouldn't matter whether the gold teeth & lewd gesture photos are of Trayvon Martin. They don't change anything.

[quote name='Adrestia' timestamp='1332878028' post='2409303']

The thing is, it really shouldn't matter whether the gold teeth & lewd gesture photos are of Trayvon Martin. They don't change anything.
[/quote]

Very true.

And this kid probably wasn't the saint that MSNBC is trying to turn him into. He was probably a normal 17 year old. Some good. Some bad. The issues isn't that the next Martin Luther King Jr. was struck down before his time. The issue is that a young man is dead for no good reason and there needs to be an accounting of exactly what happened.

[quote]Nice try mr. atheist. [/quote]

Can't you just...pretend that people should take your posts seriously?

Here's what we know based on eyewitness accounts:

1) Zimmerman followed a "suspicious" looking character even after being told by the 911 operator not too.
2) Martin knew someone was following him, according to the phone conevrsation he had at the time.
3) At some point, Zimmerman got out of his car, since witnesses reported that Martin was on top of Zimmerman in a ground fight. Blood and grass stains on Zimmerman support this.
4) At some point, a gun went off, killing Martin.
5) There is a minute or two gap, according to police, where nobody knows what happened except Zimmerman and Martin, and Martin is dead, so we will never hear his side.
6) Zimmerman's voice could be heard on a 911 call crying for help.
7) The police chief of Sanford, FL stepped aside "temporarily".

We do not yet know or have witnesses regarding:

1) Why Zimmerman left the vehicle.
2) What made Zimmerman think Martin looked "suspicious".
3) Who threw the first punch.
4) What words were exchanged or whether Zimmerman harassed Martin in any way after getting out of the car.
5) If the gun went off in a struggle or if Martin tried to grab the gun.
6) Why, with a gun, Zimmerman turned his back on Martin, if Zimmerman's account of being attacked from behind is true.

There is fodder both both sides at this point in time, whether for a self-defense claim, for questioning credibility of Zimmerman, or for filing a civil "wrongful death" lawsuit.

Edited by Norseman82