An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trayvon Martin

RezaMikhaeil

Notice in the 9-11 calls when he says that Trayvon was black, it was in response to the question "is he black or hispanic". Therefore to use that to make a racist argument is ridiculous.

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Jesus_lol' timestamp='1332722842' post='2408369']
[size=4]"[color=#282828]So lets use our emotionalism argument, not based upon the facts, to take away everyone's guns and find everyone who has ever killed someone with a gun guilty of murder? That's your logic right?"[/color][/size]

[size=4][color=#282828]no one said anything about taking away guns. that is what i was responding to.[/color][/size]

[color=#282828]all this aside you need to calm down. like, a lot. go take a look at how you responded to my original post(which was hardly antagonistic). [/color]
[/quote]

Too bad you missed the comment for which I was originally asking the question, which was in regards to "guns kill".

RezaMikhaeil

Delivery boy, why don't you stop the emotionalism arguments and go by the police report, which said that George Zimmerman was bleeding from the nose, wet on his back and covered in grass? What you think after he shot Trayvon he simply punched himself in the face, rolled around on the ground until police arrived?

So he followed a kid picked a fight got his arse beat and then shot him dead. I got a problem with that you don't. It is what it is. We will never agree with each other.

cmotherofpirl

Delivery Boy, the victim's death was a tragedy, gun violence usually is. But this tragedy doesn't mean we can take the facts of the case and twist them to meet a political agenda instead of the truth. The truth is if both people involved were the same color the crime would not be in the news. The truth seems to be that the cops didn't find a reason to arrest the guy.

Ya the cops also didn't find a reason to have a homicide guy interview Zimmerman. They just let a narcotics guy do it. And if this 17 year old would of have been killed by ANYBODY in a situation such as this and there was no arrest there would be the same reaction. How dare you say that ? I thought catholics were pro life here ? I'm done for awhile.

Edited by Guest

sorry if this has already been posted: http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2012/03/23/crime-and-the-numbers-game/

[quote][color=#000000][size=3]
The present media wave about the tragic death of Trayvon Martin is for me, an outsider, a fascinating lesson in race, politics, and media perversity in America.[/size][/color][color=#000000][size=3]
The impression is being generated that young black men are continuously hunted by white men, and killed.[/size][/color][color=#000000][size=3]
So I wanted to know the exact figures. The most recent, those of 2009, I could find are on the [url="http://www2.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2009/offenses/expanded_information/data/shrtable_06.html"]site of the Department of Justice[/url].[/size][/color][color=#000000][size=3]
About 13% of the population is black. About 80% is white (this number includes Hispanics).[/size][/color][color=#000000][size=3]
In 2009, 2,963 white individuals were killed by white offenders. White offenders killed 209 black individuals.[/size][/color][color=#000000][size=3]
In that same year, 2,604 black individuals were killed by black offenders. And 454 white individuals were killed by black offenders.[/size][/color][color=#000000][size=3]
As we see, there is cross-racial deadly violence, but offenders mainly cause victims within their own race; it is so-called intra-racial.[/size][/color][color=#000000][size=3]
What about recent decades? Murders surveyed between 1974 and 2004 show that 52% of the offenders were black, 48% were white. Of the victims, 51% were white, 47% were black.[/size][/color][color=#000000][size=3]
In that period, 86% of white murders had whites offenders, and 94% of black murders had black offenders.[/size][/color][color=#000000][size=3]
There may be a hunt by white vigilantes for innocent young black men in Florida — if it exists, the figures show this is a limited phenomenon. Trayvon Martin’s death should be thoroughly investigated and the vigilante should be brought to trial in case he broke the law. But such a crime is an exception.[/size][/color][color=#000000][size=3]
The main problem for young black men is not violent white men chasing them. It is black on black violence.[/size][/color][color=#000000][size=3]
The number of net cross-racial violence in 2009 shows that blacks killed more whites than whites killed blacks. To be exact: 245 more.[/size][/color]
[/quote]

just thought it was interesting

I'm ticked that I wasted effort trying to get DB to see reason. What the hell was I thinking?

The dad is upset and stated he thought race was the reason for everything. People who knew Zimmerman. (back and white) said they don't believe Zimmerman was racist.

From what I've read here in the local papers, read online, heard or seen on tv and radio, i think Zimmerman screwed up, though probably not first degree murder. This needs to be investigated by FDLE. Kudos to Dateline for giving a pretty balanced report.

RezaMikhaeil

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332723647' post='2408383']
So he followed a kid picked a fight got his arse beat and then shot him dead. I got a problem with that you don't. It is what it is. We will never agree with each other.
[/quote]

You don't know if George Zimmerman picked the fight or weather he got out of his car to check the street sign as he claims and was attacked.

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1332720652' post='2408348']

You're married?
[/quote]Been married since 1983. 23 fantastic years.

This is not about race for me. This is about a 17 year old being killed and everyone looking the other way whileno one gets arrested. I could care less what color George is. If you think that's my motivation and where my rage is coming from over this you're completly wrong. GodBless.

Edited by Guest

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332724382' post='2408399']
Ya the cops also didn't find a reason to have a homicide guy interview Zimmerman. They just let a narcotics guy do it. And if this 17 year old would of have been killed by ANYBODY in a situation such as this and there was no arrest there would be the same reaction. How dare you say that ? I thought catholics were pro life here ? I'm done for awhile.
[/quote]

Which they probably did because they didn't think it warranted a murder charge. DB it has nothing to be with being pro-life, we are pro-life, but we are also pro logic. You are dealing with this as an emotional issue and we are not, it doesn't mean we are not feeling for the familys involved, we are. You are affected by the death of the victim, I think we are reacting to the garbage hoopla brought on by special agenda and the feeding frenzy of the media.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1332724645' post='2408409']
Been married since 1983. 23 fantastic years.
[/quote]

:blink: