An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trayvon Martin

Kujo this is real life. The panthers want him dead or alive. If he didn't murder this kid he needs to get the facts out there asap. Like I said I'm quick to forgive just like God is quick to forgive me. From what I've seen so far this man is guilty of murder and that is why people of all races and from all walks of life are outraged. If its not the case some one needs to speak up. If it is the case he needs to say sorry. A sincere sorry will cut it with me but of course it won't with a lot of people. Such is life.

Edited by Guest

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332688741' post='2407946']
Kujo this is real life. The panthers want him dead or alive. If he didn't murder this kid he needs to get the facts out there asap. Like I said I'm quick to forgive just like God is quick to forgive me. From what I've seen so far this man is guilty of murder and that is why people of all races and from all walks of life are outraged. If its not the case some one needs to speak up. If it is the case he needs to say sorry. A sincere sorry will cut it with me but of course it won't with a lot of people. Such is life.
[/quote]

Cases are not tried in the court of public opinion, or on news talk shows. His defense is surely preparing for the now-inevitable trial that will decide his fate. The actions of whackjobs like the NBP are reprehensible and do nothing but inject more hate into an already volatile situation.

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332688741' post='2407946']
[/quote]
Yes this is real life and its tragic to see what is happening when a case is tried by people in the media who are advancing their own agendas instead of the actual truth. If the panthers murder him I hope they get the death penalty, because that is exactly what the Klan did to black people. An eye for an eye means EVERYONE becomes blind.

Again Kujo this is real life. A kid is dead. Zimmerman isn't being judged on wether he hit his wife or she hit him first. He's being judged on the fact an unarmed kid is left dead. And the details that have come out look as if its Zimmermans fault. Again if this isn't the case some people need to get details out that defend him. So far I haven't seen much of that and I look in all places.

Edited by Guest

You wanna be a "Cop" when you're not and tote guns and kill kids you better hope you got all your steps covered and you made no mistakes and made perfect judgement. And even then it might not be good enough.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332689497' post='2407961']
Again Kujo this is real life. A kid is dead. Zimmerman isn't being judged on wether he hit his wife or she hit him first. He's being judged on the fact an unarmed kid is left dead. And the details that have come out look as if its Zimmermans fault. Again if this isn't the case some people need to get details out that defend him. So far I haven't seen much of that and I look in all places.
[/quote]

Cmom said it better than I could:

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1332689371' post='2407955']
Yes this is real life and its tragic to see what is happening when a case is tried by people in the media who are advancing their own agendas instead of the actual truth. If the panthers murder him I hope they get the death penalty, because that is exactly what the Klan did to black people. An eye for an eye means EVERYONE becomes blind.
[/quote]

Edited by kujo

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332689497' post='2407961']
[/quote]In the US, trials are not meant to be the court of public opinion, parasprite

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_emotion"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_emotion[/url]

You can call me a parasprite all you want. I HATE you as much as you hate me. Yes I know that makes me guilty of murder acccording to the Lord. So I will confess in confession.

Edited by Guest

I thought he was just offering you one of his Sprites...

[img]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2826/6a00e39332d009883401157.jpg[/img]

Never said I hate you. Strongly disagree with your posts that advocate the public giving Zimmerman his "due" while spouting Christian platitudes. I hate the fact you hate me because I think the bigger problem is the SYG law and the legal system and I think your immature emotional postings add to society's problems and deters legitimate attention away from logical and thoughtful consideration of current laws, how they are applied, and what are their consequence.

But im not a Christian, so I don't have divine approval or forgiveness for my attempts at reason and logic.

Wow, 5 pages added this morning. Did youse all forget to go to Mass or did youse go last night?

[quote name='RezaMikhaeil' timestamp='1332645278' post='2407573']
You're completely incorrect. Advice or orders given through a 911 operator are considered recommendations under the law.
[/quote]

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332680205' post='2407820']
It isn't a matter of who instigated the fight; once the fight was occurring, Zimmerman (and Trayvon) had the right to defend himself from the possibility of death. That's where the murkiness of this law is, in my opinion; it make ZERO provisions about not provoking a confrontation, instead seemingly offering blanket protection to anyone in any situation. [/quote]

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1332687216' post='2407913']
or was attacked by someone and they struggled over a gun it would not be murder. [/quote]

This is something that will be hashed out among the "legal eagles". The question is whether or not there is relevant case law in this type of situation (which is what often will be called upon when a law is murky). If this is new ground, then that could cause new case law clarifying how the law applies when the shooter is the instigator or was told not to pursue. Or, it could cause lesser charges to be filed (such as involuntary manslaughter vs. a degree of murder). Or, a prosecutor could "gamble in court" and try to debunk the self-defense claims if Zimmerman takes the stand and hopes the jury will believe the prosecution, or even try to convince the judge to not allow a self-defense claim.

Edited by Norseman82

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332688135' post='2407937']
Even if Zimmerman doesn't go to jail he's got blood on his hands and is a murderer in my mind. Until he can proove otherwise.
[/quote]

Which means that even if he is charged and acquitted (or not charged at all), there may be a civil "wrongful death" lawsuit (think OJ Simpson) where the standards of proof are lower (preponderance of the evidence vs. beyond a reasonable doubt), and in such a case the fact that the 911 operator told Zimmerman to not pursue could certainly be a factor.

Edited by Norseman82

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1332689371' post='2407955']
[/quote]

My thoughts and fears is that this is 1992, Rodney King, and the LA riots all over again.