An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trayvon Martin

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332685857' post='2407887']
And when did I suggest otherwise?

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332650671' post='2407727']
It smells of elderberries, but there really isn't anything that anyone can do to change that.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Some one needs to find some documents on wether it matters if Zimmerman started the fight. I would really like to be able to see and read that. I'm on a phone so I can't copy and paste. Although I will search.

[quote name='Adrestia' timestamp='1332686207' post='2407893']
[/quote]

Ok...you will not listen to reason, so I'[color=#282828]m done with you until you [/color][color=#282828]make so[/color][color=#282828]me useful additions to this discussion.[/color]

cmotherofpirl

The police have a witness who states that Zimmerman was on the ground screaming and that the victim was on top of him beating him.

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332686008' post='2407890']
Again, go back and re-read my posts and try to find an example of me not saying the police did wrong here.

You can't send Zimmerman to jail because of racist cops. He wasn't a cop, and his actions, based on my legal studies--not a lawyer--fall under this protection of this dumbarse law.
[/quote]
I believe that Zimmerman is free because of racist cops. He killed an unarmed kid and expected everything to blow over because he wasn't arrested. I'm disgusted by his casual attitude after killing a kid. (http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-25/news/os-trayvon-martin-zimmerman-friend-20120325_1_abc-news-arizona-iced-tea-joe-oliver)

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332686250' post='2407894']
Some one needs to find some documents on wether it matters if Zimmerman started the fight. I would really like to be able to see and read that. I'm on a phone so I can't copy and paste. Although I will search.
[/quote]

If you go back and read page 3 or 4, I posted the entirety of the Stand Your Ground law. It [color=#282828]makes no distinction about the origins of the danger faced by the defendant. That doesn't [/color][color=#282828]mean that the courts won't create so[/color][color=#282828]me sort of new precedent, but the law, as currently written, provides no such lit[/color][color=#282828]mus test.[/color]

Ok Cmother so say Zimmerman started the fight after he followed Martin. He's losing the fight. That gives him the right to pull out his gun and kill Trayvon? That's not murder to you ? What if Trayvon was your son ? You would be ok with this ?

[quote name='Adrestia' timestamp='1332686447' post='2407900']
I believe that Zimmerman is free because of racist cops. He killed an unarmed kid and expected everything to blow over because he wasn't arrested. I'm disgusted by his casual attitude after killing a kid. ([url="http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-25/news/os-trayvon-martin-zimmerman-friend-20120325_1_abc-news-arizona-iced-tea-joe-oliver"]http://articles.orla...-tea-joe-oliver[/url])
[/quote]

Well, if his story is correct--debatable...obviously-- then he had every reason to believe the whole thing would "blow over."

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332686566' post='2407902']
Ok Cmother so say Zimmerman started the fight after he followed Martin. He's losing the fight. That gives him the right to pull out his gun and kill Trayvon? That's not murder to you ?
[/quote]

In the State of Florida, no, it's not [color=#282828]murder.[/color]

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332686734' post='2407906']
No I'm asking Cmother what's murder to her. Not flordia.
[/quote]

I'[color=#282828]m just putting the truth out there--our beliefs and [/color][color=#282828]moral judg[/color][color=#282828]ments don't [/color][color=#282828]matter here.[/color]

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332686336' post='2407897']
Ok...you will not listen to reason, so I'[color=#282828]m done with you until you [/color][color=#282828]make so[/color][color=#282828]me useful additions to this discussion.[/color]
[/quote]

Does "listen to reason" mean that I'm supposed to come around to your side? I'm not allowed to disagree with you. Excellent. Continue to ignore me. I wil have nothing of value for you. I will continue to expect people to change for the better.

Whether or not Zimmerman was racially motivated in his actions would not matter if the police did their job. There would be no special investigations if the police did their job. ZImmerman walked because of the cops, so yes - he should go to jail and be treated like man who started a confrontation and killed an narmed person.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332686669' post='2407904']
Thank you Adrestia. I agree 110 percent with you. Its really sad.
[/quote]Well, my blood is starting to boil and I have to go to church soon, so I might disppear shortly. Thank you for bringing up the topic in the first place. I didn't have the guts to.

[quote name='Adrestia' timestamp='1332686881' post='2407909']
Does "listen to reason" mean that I'm supposed to come around to your side? I'm not allowed to disagree with you. Excellent. Continue to ignore me. I wil have nothing of value for you. I will continue to expect people to change for the better.[/quote]

Dude, did I take a whiz in your cereal in a past life or[font="'Segoe UI"][color="#282828"] so[/color][/font][color=#282828]mething? You keep ha[/color][color=#282828]m[/color][color=#282828]mering that I feel we should just accept racis[/color][color=#282828]m and not fight against it when I have specifically answered those charges by saying that I do NOT believe that to be true. Your response is to say "Yeah, but you said ____" to which I replied that you had [/color][color=#282828]misunderstood what I was saying. I then clarified, and you ignored it. [/color][color=#282828]THAT'S what I [/color][color=#282828]mean when I said you won't "listen to reason." [/color]

[quote]...he should go...be treated like man who started a confrontation and killed an narmed person.
[/quote]

Like it or not, in the State of Florida, that [color=#282828]means he will be set free, given all the facts of the case, and the necessary case law surrounding it.[/color]