An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trayvon Martin

If that's how the law is interpited that's nuts. That means I can come up and jack you and the minute you defend yourself and take the "upperhand" I can pull out my gun and blow your brians out. I just can't see that being the law.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332680665' post='2407823']
And I would like to see Zimmerman proove Trayvon was going to beat his arse to the point of death. When the police would be there any monent and Trayvon weighs 140 pounds.
[/quote]

If the reports about him being bloody and covered in glass and what not at the scene of the crime are true, that's all the defense he needs, unfortunately.

homeschoolmom

DB-- I don't think Kujo is stating what he thinks *should* happen. He's saying what he thinks *will* happen under the law as it's currently written.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332680900' post='2407825']
If that's how the law is interpited that's nuts. That means I can come up and jack you and the minute you defend yourself and take the "upperhand" I can pull out my gun and blow your brians out. I just can't see that being the law.
[/quote]

Ironically, one of the intentions of these laws--the Stand Your Ground law and the Castle Doctrine which preceded it-- was to curtail the civil litigation that resulted from the very scenario you just listed. Regardless of the outcome of the criminal portion of this case, Zimmerman is going to be drawn and quartered in civil court. That doesn't really provide any sort of justice, but still...

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332681121' post='2407828']
Homeschool mom I know that. He knows I don't think that.
[/quote]

Yeah man I got you.

Appreciate the help though, hsm!

To me Zimmerman is scum. But I forgive like God forgives me. Although all I've heard from Zimmerman was he was defending himself and he's completly innocent. Mabey he will change his tune in the future. It still doesn't bring back Trayvon or take away the pain from his family. I cannot imagine what they are going through. Your son is murdered and then the killer goes around free. What a nightmare. Prayers for this family. God be with them.

Edited by Guest

What do ya'll think of the $10,000 bounty that the leader of the Black Panthers--who is presumably NOT Sean Payton--has put on Zimmerman's head? Regardless of your stance on this issue, I think we can all agree that bounties are taking things too far!

(Sorry for the Sean Payton joke...I really don't like the Saints, and I was just trying to inject a little levity in here)

Ya its taking things to far. But that's why Zimmerman needs to be taken into custody and this has got to at least see a trial and a jury.

Edited by Guest

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332650671' post='2407727']
Dude, I get it. I really do. I have a brother (he's adopted) who is black. I know that he's gotten the stink-eye treatment, and worse, in the past. It smells of elderberries, but there really isn't anything that anyone can do to change that. He gets a little down whenever something bizzare happens, but he always says that he can't get too mad because the people hassling him don't know that he's a med student with a pristine record from a happy middle class suburban home. All they see is his physical similarities to others less fortunate, who have unfortunately done some awful things. It's not fair, but life isn't fair.
[/quote]

So just live with it because if we (Black people) point it out we're the racists? Seriously? I'm so sick if this attitude.

[quote name='Delivery Boy' timestamp='1332681783' post='2407836']
Ya its taking this to far. But that's why this has got to at least see trial and a jury.
[/quote]

I disagree; the law is pretty clear here, at least as currently written. And threats of violence, petitions and basketball players taking pictures with their hoods up isn't going to change that reality. The fear that I have is that all this racial tension could boil over and cause more deaths before this thing is over. The worst thing in the world would be if the tragic death of this exemplary young man was used as a justification by a less-magnanimous young man or woman (of any race) to do something terrible.

Edited by kujo

[quote name='Adrestia' timestamp='1332682101' post='2407838']
So just live with it because if we (Black people) point it out we're the racists? Seriously? I'm so sick if this attitude.
[/quote]

When did I say that? And more importantly, when did my brother say that?

There's nothing wrong with pointing out flaws in the system. But allowing yourself and your identity to become fixated on the disrespect others give you is not living the sort of freedom that the civil rights leaders fought so valiantly for.

We don't need no stupid floppy laws.

Trayvon died because he was black.

Thank god prayers were answered, the New Black Panthers have announced they are paying $10,000 reward for the capture of Zimmerman. They will be visiting Jacksonville and Maitland locations of Zimmermons employer. "If the government won't do the job, we'll do it." stated NBP leader Mikkad Muhammad in Sanford on Saturday.

Thank god for a divine sense of righteousness indignation.

If karma has put Zim in this position, who am I to deflect his fate? I guess karma also will provide society inflamed racial tensions and legally armed rabble. News shows have their Hunger Games to broadcast for the next two months while this plays out. Maybe I will catch an ad for sale on guns so my neighborhood can start a watch in case some NBP think we are hiding Zimmerman. ( I don't think we are, but only a quarter of our neighborhood is black so one sure half the other whiyeys are racist. They would hide him if asked)

Edited by Anomaly

[quote name='Anomaly' timestamp='1332682437' post='2407843']
We don't need no stupid floppy laws.

Trayvon died because he was black.

Thank god prayers were answered, the New Black Panthers have announced they are paying $10,000 reward for the capture of Zimmerman. They will be visiting Jacksonville and Maitland locations of Zimmermons employer. "If the government won't do the job, we'll do it." stated NBP leader Mikkad Muhammad in Sanford on Saturday.

Thank god for a divine sense of righteousness indignation.

If karma has put Zim in this position, who am I to deflect his fate? I guess karma also will provide society inflamed racial tensions and legally armed rabble. News shows have their Hunger Games to broadcast for the next two months while this plays out. Maybe I will catch an ad for sale on guns so my neighborhood can start a watch in case some NBP think we are hiding Zimmerman.
[/quote]

I'[color=#282828]m assu[/color][color=#282828]ming there's a satirical ele[/color][color=#282828]ment in this post....right?[/color]

[quote name='kujo' timestamp='1332682582' post='2407845']

I'[color=#282828]m assu[/color][color=#282828]ming there's a satirical ele[/color][color=#282828]ment in this post....right?[/color]
[/quote]I'm saddened and frightened you asked.

Direct quote from Tampa BayTimes on the Bounty. After that it's my own bitter satire.

Edited by Anomaly